Maine Runnah Group

What's next? (Read 268 times)

PWL

Has been

...on everybody's calendars? The only races I'm signed up for at this point are the Eastern States 20-miler and the Sugarloaf Marathon. I did Irish Road Rover last year, but I think I'm going to pass on it this year.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

My next race will be my first half marathon- - Great Bay Half Marathon in Newmarket, NH on April 5. Then, I am thinking about doing the Patriots Day 5 miler in Portland and the Big Lake Half Marathon in Alton, NH on May 9... All gearing up to my first marathon on Oct 4 - the Maine Marathon in Portland....

I'll be running the New Bedford Half Marathon in mid-March. I haven't decided if I am going to run Eastern States again or not; I'll probably do either that or the half marathon the week after. My next goal race that I am training for is the Cox Sports Marathon in May; I want to break my course record. Big grin

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'm definitely going to do B2B (signing up at noon on March 15th!!) and the Maine HM. Gotta figure out what else to do. The crappy weather and icy roads have put a big dent in my motivation. This morning I did 6 mile on the indoor Y track in Freeport - 19 laps to a mile!! DS16 will be running the 4x800 relay at the New England meet, and also nationals, which are in Boston this year. I think he's going to do B2B, also. We're going down to Austin to watch the Texas Relays in April, and he's going to talk to the Texas coach. The coach says they're looking for toughness in kids, and he certainly has that! Southern coaches feel that kids from New England are underveloped, because the racing season is short and they can't run outdoors as much. I don't know how true that is, but we'll take advantage of the attitude! After visiting small liberal arts colleges last week ($50,000 per year?!?), Texas is looking good to us.

The crappy weather and icy roads have put a big dent in my motivation. [...] Southern coaches feel that kids from New England are underveloped, because the racing season is short and they can't run outdoors as much.
            Screw shoes, snowmobile trails. What more do you need? I love running this time of year. Big grin

Run to Win

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'm so uncoordinated, I'd probably trip on a trail, or get hit by a snowmobile! I think I'll try Mountfort Road tomorrow. It's wide and unshaded, so it should be pretty clear.

I'm so uncoordinated, I'd probably trip on a trail, or get hit by a snowmobile! I think I'll try Mountfort Road tomorrow. It's wide and unshaded, so it should be pretty clear.
                Heh, that's the advantage of snowmobile trails - as long as you can get traction (w/screw shoes) the trails are actually easier to run in the Winter since there is less to trip on. And if you do fall, it's snow. It doesn't hurt as much as the rocks do. Big grin

Run to Win