Maine Runnah Group

Cape Elizabeth XC Meet (Read 254 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

DS had a good race and came in second. Before this race, only 5 boys had run the 3-mile course under 16:00. There are some fast kids this year! The top 4 teams in this meet are in the coach's 10 ten poll for the past week. It should be a great year for Greely if everyone stays healthy. Rank Name School Time 1 M. Rand CE 15:20.4 (CR) 2 Price GRE 15:36 3 LePage GRE 15:42 4 Moser York 15:52 5 McCauley GRE 16:01 6 Flathers CE 16:11 7 Epstein FAL 16:35 8 Follo FAL 16:39 9 Fitch GRE 16:51 10 Gardiner FAL 17:06 11 Humphries GRE 17:11 Team Results Greely 30 (first place) CE 48 Falmouth 65 York 84 Wells 153 Course: 3 miles Weather: Sunny, 68 degrees
    highonrunning

thats a sick Race! Congrats to him. I didn't get to run today (may not for a while). I really wish i could have run today.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

thats a sick Race! Congrats to him. I didn't get to run today (may not for a while). I really wish i could have run today.
        Thanks, Eric! I admire all you HS kids so much - you work really hard. That's too bad you couldn't race - I hope you can sooner than you expect.

Three 5:12 miles ain't walkin'...tell him nice work! Very speedy.

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'll tell him, Blaine! The northeast XC rankings just came out (CT, PA, NJ, MA, NH, VT, ME, RI). After the top ten schools were listed, they included a list of 12 "bubble" schools, and Greely was one of them! The only one on the list from ME. There was one in NH, and none in VT. Doesn't mean much this early in the season, but it's kind of fun.

an amazing likeness

With apologies for being so stupid, can I ask how long a high school cross-cross course is ? I always have assumed that each course is unique, but it sounds like they are some standard length, like 5K?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

great job, but I also don't know the length of a standard XC course - didn't start running until WAY after high school A

Recalculating...

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Well, usually they are 5K, but this one was 3.0 miles. The first race of the year (Chandler Relays) was only 2 miles. I noticed today that the Portland newspaper doesn't include the distance in the results if it's 5K, but mentions it if it's different. I didn't know a thing about XC before DS got to high school. Now I think it's the neatest sport there is! Parents are very supportive of all the kids, not just the ones on their school's team. And there aren't the politics that some other sports have - if you're one of the team's top 7 finishers for at least two races, you make varsity. Easy to quantify!