Maine Runnah Group

Mid-Winter 10, packet pick-up @ Cape HS ? (Read 469 times)

an amazing likeness

For the mid-Winter 10 in Cape this Sunday (Feb 1)...I just can't remember -- does anyone know if they allow packet / chip pick-up the morning of the race at the Cape Elizabeth High School? I've always gotten mine at Maine Running on Saturday previously, and the web site doesn't say the race morning pick-up is an option. (doesn't say that race morning pick-up isn't an option either...but you know what happens when you assume things...it never works out)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Hey Milk, According to the web site, there is race day registration between 8:15-9:30 at the cafeteria. I might be in Portland on Saturday, but if not, I was planning to pick up on race morning.

Yep, you can pick up your packet in the morning. Usually its in the hallway outside the cafeteria. I'll probably be handing out shirts until 9:00ish, so say hi if you see me.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

an amazing likeness

Thanks guys, appreciate the info. MTA -- an email arrived this morning with the details, I should have been more patient. (that's a life lesson as well..)

PWL

Has been

How'd everyone do? My wife and I ran it together as a training run of sorts. We finished at around 1:31 or so--a 9:08/mile pace. Not bad considering my wife's half-marathon PR was a 9:54/mile pace. If she had run another 3.1 miles she would have smashed it! Hope everyone else had similar success. The weather was perfect.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Well, this was the first time I ventured beyond a 4 mile race. I was looking to best 80 minutes and also was somewhat wishful to placed in the fat bastard category...One out of two ain't bad, I timed at 1:17:45... I lost quite a bit of steam in the second half but really enjoyed the race and look forward to doing again next year... PWL - Are you in training for a half or full? I am already signed up for the half in Newmarket, NH.. And I planned to make my marathon debut in October in Portland.. After 3 years of running pretty steady I am finally diving into the deep end of the pool...

I was pretty happy with my run. I ran about 10 seconds slower than last year and had to work a hell of a lot harder for that time, but I'm there which means that I'm on pace for my May marathon which is the goal race. I had one of my teammates running with me/just ahead of me to keep me honest for most of the race, and we caught a few guys from a rival team (one of whom beat me at Cardillo last year) and they were close enough behind me to also keep me honest. I didn't want to get caught. And I didn't.

Run to Win

an amazing likeness

Finished about 45 seconds faster than my time from last year and, except for mile 8, met my goal of running very even splits. I worked too hard -- had very low supporting miles coming in due to injury back on 12/20, and I am sore, sore, sore. As always, met a few nice folks out on the course and even had a couple thank me at chip removal for towing them in the last couple miles with the steady splits...which was new to me. Goals: #1) No new knee pain and no further hamstring damage -- ok, I ran too hard and am sore, pushed through some knee pain in mile 8. #2) Even splits -- good. #3) Finish near last year's time --- done. #4) Finish top 25% -- just missed, finished around the 27% range.

an amazing likeness

Just an fyi...the results were changed overnight from what was posted yesterday on coolrunning.

Just an fyi...the results were changed overnight from what was posted yesterday on coolrunning.
                      It got updated late afternoon w/the folks that weren't caught through the chip timing.

Run to Win

an amazing likeness

Blaine, What the heck were you wearing, man...Shorts and some kind of black knee-highs? Wink

Blaine, What the heck were you wearing, man...Shorts and some kind of black knee-highs? Wink
                          Heheh... Actually, regular socks over Zensah Leg Sleeves. I got them for after my 50 miler, and they are awesome! I didn't realize how stupid I was going to look 'til I took off my warm up pants, but I don't mind looking like an idiot when I run. I figure the more my clothes clash and the dumber I look then the more likely that I'll draw a driver's eye and that they'll notice me and not hit me. Definitely recommend the leg sleeves, though.

Run to Win

an amazing likeness

Doesn't matter the custume at the pace you guys run...have to worry about wind resistance and all. However, it takes some kind of skill to create a photo op that ends up looking like this one: (Jumping over a mouse, crack in the road, or something...who knows... Confused)

PWL

Has been

PWL - Are you in training for a half or full? I am already signed up for the half in Newmarket, NH.. And I planned to make my marathon debut in October in Portland.. After 3 years of running pretty steady I am finally diving into the deep end of the pool...
                              The wife and I are going to do the Sugarloaf Marathon in May. She's been wanting to do one for a couple of years now so I told her I'd do it with her. I ran Maine in 2007--it's a fun little course. This will be my 3rd marathon, but I have yet to run a half.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

an amazing likeness

Hey Road Shuffler, John -- I stumbled across your picture in the photos released today...we ran together for a while from miles 3 - 5 or so. I think. Small world. - Andy