Maine Runnah Group

Running in Maine (Read 189 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I love running in Maine. This morning, my running partner and I were jogging along Route 9 in Cumberland when Ellie, who we ran with at Maine Running Company, stopped in her car to say hi. After our run, we headed over to Maine Roaster's Coffee in Yarmouth, and Tiki Humphries walked in - we took a running class from her last spring. We had a good time talking with her - she was at the Olympic Trails in Boston and said she started crying when Joanie did so well. It's a small world up here! Even at church Sunday, all of these folks came up to me. I think DH has been telling everyone how much I'm running, and all the runners are coming out of the woodwork! Who knew that so many people run?? Good, gives me more people to talk to without feeling as if I'm boring them! Blaine, it's hard waiting to hear from you! I've been telling everyone about your win.
      teresa, speaking of a small world... what time were you running this morning? I was with my little brown german shorthair, and going south on route 9, just a bit north of Food Stop I passed two women who were walking south as well, who had a dog. Were you one of them?
      2011 Goal: Run at least twice per week for the entire year

There is a really strong and friendly running community up here. I'm glad that you've discovered it. Smile And I'll have a race report with more than you ever wanted to know about the race put together tonight. I didn't even turn on my computer last night. My website got a real quick update before I checked out of the hotel, then I went to cheer runners on for a few hours, and after the awards ceremony had to drive home. I was kinda tired so I spent the evening on the couch with my cat calling people to brag. Smile

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Tim, no, that wasn't us. We didn't get that far south - we started at the Memorial School and ran only a little ways into Cumberland, because it was just a 4-mile run. We hardly ever walk anymore, either. We HTFU and run like the wind! Wink Blaine, good to hear from you! I guess we'll give you a few hours to write your report! It was cool yesterday to see how excited everyone on RA was when they heard you'd won. Great community! Teresa

Blaine, good to hear from you! I guess we'll give you a few hours to write your report! It was cool yesterday to see how excited everyone on RA was when they heard you'd won. Great community!
            You're telling me! I haven't finished getting through all the race reports and other threads that have started up over the weekend when I didn't check the computer and keep finding references to my race. Heheh.

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)