Masters Running

Sunday runs and hangovers? (Read 568 times)

Okay, I'll start. I haven't run yet because I'm waiting for the temps to go above 10F. I'm surprised at how sore my legs are after doing lunges yesterday. You always think you're in pretty good shape... Hope Enke, Holly and all our party girls are feeling okay this morning. Tim - hope you're on the mend as well. My DS#1 was over yesterday and has a bad case of the flu. I've been washing my hands and sterilizing things like crazy! Dicky G - ready to trade your tux in for some running duds? You had a busy weekend! You know that old saying: "men - they all act the same, you may as well dress them all the same" Big grin I'm off to get the newspaper out of the mailbox and check the outside weather. Have a great day, everyone.

Renee the dog

Just back a few min ago from 11 "brisk" -- yeah that's what I'll call 'em -- miles with Renee. Wind came up after the first few miles and froze my sweat. But overall, nice run. Now I'm under a blanket on the couch with my two toddlers cuddling on either side of me while they enjoy Winnie the Pooh cartoons. Good runs and recoveries to all!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Happy morning everyone... You know what....when ever I do get sick, I normally get over it real fast. After being a slug all day yesterday, and going to bed early last night...I absolutly feel like a million bucks this morning!!! Little stuffed up, but other than that...perfect. I did get some of the Zicam yesterday, but no way did that stuff help me this much so soon. Jlynne, hope you have a great run, once it warms up a bit. We have about the same temps here, but is a beautiful sunny morning with a dusting of snow...wish I could get out there and enjoy a run...sigh. Wow, 11 miles nono...WTG Girl!!! I just realized Holly keeps her Margarita mix in the oddest place....I'll let you all go back to yesterday, and find out for yourself, lol. Funny how only one letter can make a big difference in a word... I feel so good, I am going to "non" run this morning. Could /should go to the Y, but should take it easy one more day, huh? Still very happy about Erika's 10 mile run, knowing how much she has struggled with not being able to run....good for you!!! Hope Enke and Holly can walk a straight line this morning, lol. I bet Enke was baaautiful last night, all dolled up...picture would be greta Girl. With Web Tv at home, I can't use the smily or other emotion charactors like I can at work...if any one wondered why I don't have them on my weekend posts. What are the called, emoticons or something like that? Don't have spell check at home either, which is a challange sometimes. Hope everyone has a Glorious and Happy Sunday...and remember - Enjoy The Gift. You don't know what you have till you lose it..believe me, I know. Do me a favor. Do something different and REALLY SPECIAL for your Husband, Wife, or Significant Other today...just because. Make um wonder what's up, and what did you do now. Only to say - just because I Love You...that's all! You know how I talked about you don't know what you have till you lose it...same thing in relationships! Ok, off to Wally World to shop for grocerys and Women...they say it's a great place to meet someone. I just don't have the nerve really to approach a Women in that environment....but still keep my eyes open. Oh Yeah, my foot feels pretty darn good today too. TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

I just realized Holly keeps her Margarita mix in the oddest place....I'll let you all go back to yesterday, and find out for yourself, lol
          You never know what you're gonna find in there! Glad your feeling better Tim.
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
          Tramps

A fun run for me today since I'm still in low-key recovery mode. I went exploring a new route on some trails for about 8 miles near the river. Beautiful clear 30F morning with a dusting of snow everywhere. Winds were picking up big time by the end, though. A few huge hills that were way too steep to run either up or down, so there was walking (actually climbing) involved. Snow on downed leaves made it a little slippery on the hills but, other than that, it was fine.

Be safe. Be kind.

And - it was sugar-free! Big grin

Hill Runner

Good morning all, It really is a beautiful morning for running here this morning....28, sunny and no wind but I just wasn't into the run today. I reluctantly dragged myself out of bed and went out but I have lots to do today and was anxious to get back. The first ten miles just dragged on forever but I did finish up feeling more energized and finished up strong. 13.26 miles of hills @ 9:18 pace

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Wishing Leslie good luck on her 30K run today...your legs can't be any whiter than mine... I think that's a great place to keep the margarita mix...makes for a really exciting party...
                  Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Nice Tramps.. finding new routes is always fun and with some snow too.. nice! Firt run with the roads a bit slippery so sometimes I was almost running in place. More like black ice/road frost must have been some freezing rain last night. After yesterday's too slow half marthon (1:40:12 vs 1:39:38 last year..arrgh) I went for a nice General Aerobic progression run for 8.5 miles with pace from 9:23 to 7:22 (average 8:25). Felt greta.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Not that this is anything to compare with you awesome daily posters, but.., 7 miles yesterday, and 6.9 today, have put me OVER the 800 YTD mark - woo hoo! Someday, some year, I WILL reach that ever elusive 1000 mark, but this year, I will aim for ummmm 860 or so. Happy Sunday everyone!
                      glidegal

5.5 in Port Arthur TX in low 40 temps. Clear and gorgeous sunrise. Howdy and good runs to all! glidegal
                        stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy Sunday all. Out for a new route today, since I had a late start and it was already light out. 5.5 miles in 52:45. Again, not real fast, but this route actually has some elevation changes as compared to the normal lake loop. A very pleasant 32 out with a little snow in the air. So the first run WITH snow, not really a run IN snow. actually have to have some on the ground for that Smile Off to finish putting up the Christmas lights. Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

wildchild

Carolyn

After yesterday's too slow half marathon (1:40:12 vs 1:39:38 last year..arrgh) ...
                            Is this your idea of a race report???? Surprised You owe a big fine, bud! 34 seconds slower is pretty darn close, and you're really fast! Tim, I noticed Holly's misspelling yesterday too! Big grin I'm surprised you noticed it, though, as your spelling is sometimes kind of original... Wink Tramps, that sounds like a fun run. We should all be in "low key recovery mode" more often if it lets us try new trails and go exploring, without worrying about target pace and distance! Helen, nice runs yesterday and today, and congrats on the 800 miles! I think I only ran about 860 miles last year, and this year I easily passed 1000 miles, so I'm sure you can get there next year. Time to get DD up to go skiing! I have a coffee cake in the oven to entice her to get up, but I sprinkled chili powder on the top instead of cinnamon by mistake... scraped off as much as I could, but it might taste a bit different...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Renee the dog

I have a coffee cake in the oven to entice her to get up, but I sprinkled chili powder on the top instead of cinnamon by mistake... scraped off as much as I could, but it might taste a bit different...
                              Wildchild, send that coffee cake over to my 4 1/2 yr old daughter. She puts tabasco on everything! I'm sure she'd love it! Big grin

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

King of PhotoShop

Wow, the Glider has joined us today! Gorgeous day in the Big D, clear and still, 40's. And no, all we men don't dress the same. Today I was in yellow, Brooks Adrenalines (yellow), yellow shorts, black long-sleeved tech. 5.1 in 49 flat. Spareribs