Masters Running

HHFMM Race Reports (Read 515 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Oh, and here's one more from the party after the race at Maffiaosa's (or something like that)...2 for 1 beers - most excellent!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Oh, this is an EXCELLENT shot of Wildchild watching Holly come in to the finish:

Mississippi - I was trying to figure out which one was you - are you the lovely blond?

Not really blonde, not sure what color my hair is anymore!  I'm the one pointing, wearing the Mississippi shirt!    

Michelle

Oh, I just found myself in some of your pictures, Mississippi! Thanks for sharing them Smile

You're welcome!   I hate giving up my camera, but during the race, Shannon's (aka Jellyfish) boyfriend took pictures for us!  He did a great job. Smile

Michelle

Thanks for sharing, everyone. If ya'll do it again next year, maybe I can join the fun (probably only if I run St. George again but not Tucson).

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

wildchild

Carolyn

Mississippi, thanks for the great photos!  Sorry I didn't know who you were when we were in Nashville - maybe next year? 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Slo

Is that Fastforward you are talking too?

And at the risk of sounding a little fresh...Nice legs! Too bad they aren't in this picture.

Oh...I forgot, my avatar is the Sat am pre-monkey run...there you are again on right.

Not really blonde, not sure what color my hair is anymore!  I'm the one pointing, wearing the Mississippi shirt!    

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

I would love to name who all I got to meet and hang out with, but I know I'll forget someone and then I'll feel bad!  I do know that I missed out on meeting a handful of RA'ers that I wanted to meet though!  Maybe next time.  Right mgerwn (ROAD TRIP!!!)?     Smile

ABsoLUTEly !!

We need to lay out a route from the Northeast that passes by as many RA Monkey runners' towns, and pick them up on the way.  Maybe rent a big Relay van, one of those 15 passenger jobs, and start the party before we even get to Nashville. 

#artbydmcbride

And at the risk of sounding a little fresh...Nice legs! Too bad they aren't in this picture.

Oh...I forgot, my avatar is the Sat am pre-monkey run...there you are again on right.

Yes, that handsome guy is Fastforward.  Cool

Runners run

wildchild

Carolyn

Oh, this is an EXCELLENT shot of Wildchild watching Holly come in to the finish:

Two things about this picture:

1.  I don't think Holly even saw me.  I was yelling her name, but someone else had noticed her coming, and said "Hey, Holly's coming in!"  So there were quite a few people yelling her name.  You can see she was focused straight ahead at the timing mat.

2. I really should tie a jacket around my waist to make my butt look bigger.  It doesn't even look like I HAVE a butt in this picture! Joking

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

2. I really should tie a jacket around my waist to make my butt look bigger.  It doesn't even look like I HAVE a butt in this picture! Joking

You're more than welcome to borrow some of mine... gah.... Shocked

Marathon Maniac #957

Carolyn - you are right that I did not see you until after I crossed the mat - I was so focused on "OMG this misery is finally over!" that I paid no attention to anything other than the timing mat....

And I only WISH my butt looked as cute in jeans as yours, instead of trying to bust out the seams.....Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

I am having so much fun reading this race report.

I know that Monkey is in my destiny now, but not sure when!

BTW, RA girls are just simply saying..hot!Clown looking!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Yes, that is FF I'm talking to.  I believe we were discussing the two different time clocks at the finish.

Blush  Thank you for the compliment!  My legs don't mind hearing that!   Big grin

Michelle