Masters Running

Congrats to the newest 50 State Maniac!! (Read 390 times)

Head Procrastinator

Aamos casually dropped that IF she finished today Roll eyes it would be her 50th state. Well according to WRFB she finished in 3:29:08. CONGRATS Aamos!! You rock!!
    ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
      Aamos, as someone who has only run one marathon, I think this is an outstanding accomplishment. I cannot imagine doing this even in my wildest dreams. Congratulations. TomS
      wildchild

Carolyn

AAwesome aachievement, AAmos! You're aamazing! Congrats on a huge milestone.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Truely amazing, aamos!
          AAwesome aachievement, AAmos! You're aamazing! Congrats on a huge HUGH milestone.
          Fixed

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Congratulations Amy on an accomplishment that requires a lot of committment and a fair amount of travel and "off-time". Nice job with your nice "just for fun" 3:28 at NYC also. Outstanding. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

King of PhotoShop

My understanding is that she ran the 26th mile at a faster pace than her average, and considering the hills in the Park, that suggests she turned it on at the end to cruise in under 3:30. Only a pro can do that. Well done Aamos. Spareribs
              Mariposai

When I grow up I want to be like Aamos. AAAAwesome accomplishment. We will do a "Pink Door" celebration when you are in Seattle next year, ok?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

WOW Fantastic time & Congrats on the 50 states Cool Got me beat by 40 minutes & 48 states Embarrassed

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Congratulations, Aamos. This is really something special. Dark Horse
                    I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                      Absolutely outstanding, both for the 50 states and for the times you run. You are one awesome runner, Amy!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

aabsolutely aawesome aacomplishment Aamos. How come you don't have to negative taper like the rest of us?
                          Amy, really an impressive achievement. Congratulations!
                          xor

I thought she told us not to be concerned because she might go slower and enjoy the spectacle. Or not! Go, 50 states. Woohoo!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Ever since your seventh marathon with us in Seattle not even four years ago, I’ve been watching your states and stars grow to your current 110 marathons with more than 100 AG medals including 80 first place and was wondering if the NYC Marathon held a special place to be selected for your 50-States/DC finale? In addition to getting to have you lead the way at next year’s Seattle Rock’n’Roll Marathon, what’s next? <>provinces/countries/continents/ultras?)>>> Robert - with NYC being her second fastest marathon since #83 more than a year ago, I suspect nice'n'easy means after mile 26.2.Big grin

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Aamos the running goddess!! Congratulation on all states! And what a finish time! Wow

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova