Masters Running

This is why... (Read 399 times)

I was fortunate to be able to do a long run (for me--9.5 mi.) in Manhattan Beach, CA yesterday. Running down to the beach (for those who know the area, I ran down Rosecrans from the 405--about 2 or 3 miles then south to 34th St. in Hermosa Beach), I passed two women running the opposite way--they were not running together, they were separated by 5 min's. or so. After running down the beach and heading back the same way, I passed them both again. Both women had this 'knowing smile' as we recognized each other and knew we were going roughly the same distance since it had been over an hour since we'd first passed. It's a great feeling to be part of this relatively exclusive club. We are not joggers. TC P.S.--It feels even better having had an injury-riddled summer. Smile

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

Marathon Maniac #3309

Hi Tim...Tim here too from Indiana. I see you live in Indy where my Marathon is Nov 1st. I live about 60 miles away in Muncie....Home of Ball State University, who's football team is ranked in the top 25 for the first time in history...they gave IU a major thumping Big grin Good post...and soooo true!! The other Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Hey! Butler grad here but in-laws are BSU people. I'm doing the HM at the Indy Marathon. Working my way up to a full marathon. Take care. Tim C.

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

Marathon Maniac #957

P.S.--It feels even better having had an injury-riddled summer. Smile
          I'm with you on that, my friend. It's great to be back, isn't it? Smile I'm not terribly far from you, over here in Dayton, Ohio. Nice to see another (relatively) local.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

jfa

Nice run Tim! That's a beautiful area too.

#artbydmcbride

Nice job, I ran yesterday too and it was freaking hot in Southern California!!!

Runners run

Top 'O the World!

Very Kewl! Smile - on both counts!
                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                huskydon

Welcome to sunny southern california! Glad to hear you met up with some of the runners down here and that your running health has improved. Yup, it is beautiful at the beach! huskydon
                    over here in Dayton, Ohio
                    I spent a week in Dayton one day. Dark Horse
                    I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                      I spent a week in Dayton one day. Dark Horse
                      ZINNNG!!! Dead The great thing about Dayton is that it's not Toledo! Ilene--I ran early. When I went to the airport at 1:00, it had gotten a whole lot warmer. It's great running in SoCal but I feel so sorry for you that you'll never know the joy of heading out on a 20 deg. afternoon with a 20 mph. wind. I've never felt so alive... Cry Wink TC

Marathon Maniac #957

ZINNNG!!! Dead The great thing about Dayton is that it's not Toledo!
                        Well, to be fair, I actually live in Miamisburg, south of Dayton, and this year Ohio Magazine voted it "Best Hometown."

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #3309

and this year Ohio Magazine voted it "Best Hometown."
                          Sure they did....you moved there Wink Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

HermosaBoy

Running down to the beach (for those who know the area, I ran down Rosecrans from the 405--about 2 or 3 miles then south to 34th St. in Hermosa Beach),
                            That's my old stomping ground -- know that pavement well!!! Kind of hilly on the way back? Shocked

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

hey AA717driver, that is so cool you were running HERE Cool I get to see the Strand (aka the beach path) a lot and it's definitely a friendly place to run. Hope you stay injury free so you can run here again on your next trip to Manhattan Beach.