Masters Running

Monday April 28 Master/Boomer Runs (Read 571 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Wildchild – congratulations on your distance PR! Btb – I don’t read it late at night, but early the next morning will do, I hope. No run for me today, but a 22-minute ab/core workout video instead. Happy Monday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Morning all, Eight solo rainy miles at 5:45 AM---back into the morning swing and itching to run even more, but I won’t…yet. No watch and kept it mellow with the exception of a full out final mile so I could beat the bus to the kiddo’s stop. Feeling fine and off to the airport in a few hours. Some sports trivia for anyone who wants to play: Who was Marshall Taylor? I spent yesterday afternoon with my beloved granny and we reviewed her calendar together. I am going to be her date at a May 21 dinner celebrating the aforementioned whirlwind’s legacy. He was my great-grandfather’s friend. Grandma has a fabulous picture from 1919 showing her standing next to this interesting sports figure. She was just nine years old. It was a perfect afternoon with her as always. Ribs—not only do I have my own personal Dr. J as a running mate, I ran with Greg Meyer at a fundraising conference years ago. He asked a question from the audience after my presentation and all I could think was: “OMG! It’s Greg Meyer….what was your question?” Eliz---way to go, but maybe you should celebrate by doing something other than mooning the congregation. Sweet most miles PR wildchild! Happy back to school and travel week, CNYrunner/Karin Hi Holly!

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Morning! Holly, I like watching those ab/core videos too Big grin Muggy between rain run this morning. 4 Magical Healing Miles with Tory in 36:47 (9:12 pace). Nice quiet feet. Love the smell right after the rain! 63F 94% humidity. Have great runs/rests/ x-training! Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Okay - plans for May - get back to running, lose 10 lbs and keep up with RA and KR. Oh yeah ... and eat breakfast everyday! I know ... I am wishing me luck as well! Started it all out with an early morning Monday run - so far so good??? *thanks for the reminder dg*

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Marathon Maniac #3309

Morning all Smile I lost my Internet connection at home over the weekend, so I am waaaay behind reading the daily thread. Holly, congrats on your beautiful new house....I am sooo happy for you and your family Smile....how's your hand after signing all those papers Wink Nice 8 miler Karin...glad you made it to the bus stop in time Steve, I like watching those videos too Big grin Nice 4 Magical Healing Miles with Tory I had my second 5K race Sat and again I went green and ran the 5 miles to the race site...raced....then ran the 5 miles home. It was a yucky - super windy day so I didn't know how fast I would run. The bad thing was that my HR was on the higher side running to the race....that always bothers me on short sprint races..but oh well. My goals: Of course, have fun......did Win my age group.....did Beat all my triathlete buds.....did....surprised a couple of them Big grin PR....did not Time 20:38 - 6:40 pace - a whopping 182 HR ave Shocked - almost puked at the finish line. 13.1 total miles. And I got 6th place overall on a tough hilly course with lots of wind, but this was a small local 5K with only about 75 to 80 runners I suppose. Have a wonderful day everyone Smile Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

dg.

good morning Smile Holly, how's your taper? CNY, happy to hear your grand granny is still doing well. Perch, I want quiet feet too. sounds like a lovely run. Yay Whoohoo Kirsten's here. Big grin so far so good. but you forgot to mention breakfast. (morning Morgan -) ) Tim, congratulations! bob, I read it this morning too. Wildchild, congratulation on your new distance PR! Eliz, happy falling pants. Econo, me too. Well, I don't miss me. but you & many others. & can't keep up with even one. maybe use Rib's & TomWhite's ideas.. something to do with fudge & joint custody. You could write the days in your date book & remind us. -) Another track run at the gym. 4:76 miles total, 3.56 was running.Big grin Do you know how long it's been since I've run 4 miles??? or how much I want to round that up?! ahr was high as usual, average pace was 11:12. Almost didn't go after an almost sleepless night & sore throat is worse. So yippee! Maybe there's hope. serious healing vibes for Enke. happy new week everybody.
                Good morning, all! Thanks for the launch, Holly! {{{{{{{{dg's throat}}}}}}}} - congrats on the track run - 3.56 isn't too far from 4 miles - you'll get there yet!! Patience! La Tort - good luck with those goals! Tim - congrats all around with your race - you smoked it in spite of missing a PR. I'm still in the process of reading the Boston reports - there's so much good information - thanks to all of you that have shared the event. All of you rock!! We're finally getting rain after a long dry spell. I needed to take it easy this morning after yesterday's 10 half marathon pace miles on the track. 6.75 easy recovery miles on the treadmill today. The company is taking us out for pizza and bowling for lunch today (one of those "team-building" events), so I'm gonna miss my core and weight work today. Good runs to all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Renee the dog

Well I was out at 6 am this morning to do last night's run -- I totally wussed out with the rain and wind at 8:30 pm...it was going to be just me and the dog, Renee, and boy she was not happy that I bagged the run. Heck, she ran 4 with my husband in the morning, but was ready to go again. I ended up doing 3.25 because my Garmin (201) wouldn't sync this morning (fog? low battery?) and my estimates were a little off. The island lays out well length-wise with 2 blocks equaling 1/10 mi, but our blocks crosswise are all screwy and I miscalculated by a 1/4 mi...not that it matters. Moving along.... So today I'll likely be out again with my babysitter for 5 more mi at 8:30 pm. My first double! And, I am psyched beyond belief -- I found a duathlon for me! It's called the Splash and Dash. A 1/4 mi lake swim followed by a 5K. WHOO HOO! I have no idea how to do this, but I can run a 5K and I can swim forever, and can practice in the ocean, so other than the buoyancy difference, I should be ready. I just don't know what to wear and how the changeover goes. Will have to email the race director for that info. CNY, I love the thought of you racing the bus! Sounds like you showed it who's boss! Big grin BTW, I'm really trying to remember you as Central NY, but I always think "Chinese New Year" when I see CNY. Blush

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

King of PhotoShop

Okay, number one plan for the week is to help Breger taper and keep him focused on the big event. Let's get on the bandwagon here and support one of our own. Otherwise Eugene will be a total Kick event. Econo has the whole site motivated there so we need to put something together now! Great to see LaT. today! Hey Eliz, running may not immediately help you lose weight but many people say it is useful for trimming inches. Good for you. Congrats to evryday on your first marathon. And to WildChild on your longest run, 13 miles Deez and Jay (Coastwalker), with all the Boston RR's I read, I never properly thanked you both for your volunteer efforts. Well done. Headed out the door to see how I will do today. Cold out there! Spareribs
                      ......some nice running for MONDAY////....I'm Amazed and Impressed at the Same Time....... ============ .............30min versaclimber.......just gonna run on Sunday's for a while, when I'm fixed, I'll know it...... .........good running to the rest of ya.............Enjoy the Gift...... (sometimes, The Gift has to be Paid For,,,, The Big Question Is ==>>How Much Do You Think it's Worth??)

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Some good running and reports so far today. biketm: Good 5K results! Sounds like you're ready for the season. dg: Take it easy with that sore throat. I hope that Ribs and I weren't pressuring you to step it up too much last week. wildchild: Congrats on the distance milestone. Somehow I thought you were an old hand at the LD run thing. tomwhite: Just nice to see you posting here again. Holly: So are you south of Dayton now? I was looking at a website for Xenia a few weeks ago that talked about all the trails, and the one along the Miami River going towards Cincy interested me as a possible cycling-weekend destination someday. Is that the one near you? Out with an old friend this morning for the traditional route that we did before his retirement last year. I was really stiff from the long bike ride yesterday, but loosened up by the end of the 3.9-mile run. The only downer was having to be back in long pants and long sleeves, but that's really the typical weather for this time of year.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Great running everyone. Rest day for me after yesterday's 24 miler. Feel pretty good today and dinner at L's with her family was great. I am taking a few days off work to catch up on paperwork, taxes, legal stuff and to do some writing. Take care my friends Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Wow - lots of great stuff going on here in Boomerland! Rest day for me, from running at least. Tonight I'll either hit the gym or do my at home crosstraining workout. I'm still a bit sore from last Friday! Shows how out of shape all my "other" muscles really are. On a happy note - I did manage to loose 3.2 pounds last week! Big grin Have a greta day everyone! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Mariposai

4 moderate pace miles around the neighborhood, I delighted in looking at all the spring flowers out there (tulips, flowering cherries, daffies, crab apples, apricots, etc). The hood is plaster with them, it is too bad I have to stay inside all day today. Great goals there La Tortuga. Nice 8 miler there karin and so early in the morning too. dg, nice running there, take care of that sorethroat. Enkie dahhhling...butterfly hugs and healing vibes to you.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Tim – excellent racing, fast guy! CNY – when you coming to town again? E-mail me. I have to say that my recent plane travel experiences reminded me how much I hate flying and renewed my respect for people like Spareribs and CNYrunner who have to do it all the time. Uncomfortable seats, long waits at layovers, pressurized cabins, bumpy rides – something about the whole experience is very draining to me, even when there are no snafus. My hat is off to you for still finding the time and energy to get your workouts in while traveling. LaT – hello! I didn’t get much time to talk to you at Lou’s, but it was great to meet you! Dg – woo hoo! TomWhite – as I recall, the versaclimber is a butt-kicking workout, and 30 minutes on that is no slouch event. Nice job! ETA – Roch – our new home is in Miamisburg, which is south of Dayton, and the river trail runs along the Great Miami River. http://www.miamivalleytrails.org/gmiami.htm Hey, if you do decide to come to town, let me know, and we can meet up. You could come and see our new house.... Smile Mariposai – Hello!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."