Masters Running

Tuesday First Day of 2008 (Read 665 times)

Evanflein, My golden Darby (whom my wife kept )-: ) was deathly afraid of fireworks and at the cottage in Temagami one year during summer fireworks she dissapeared for about 3 hours. I went back 3-4 miles in the mountains and finally heard running in circles up there before she found me. Keep your spiirits up..you will find her. <positive>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Keep us posted Tall</positive>

Recent Best times: None recently

GreenMan

GL Treasa on 2008 1000. Ran a 1/1/8 5K without much headway. Got beat by Econo again, twice the same day this time Dead But that's OK JJJ
      Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.

Imminent Catastrophe

evanflein, I sure hope you locate your dog, that's awful. <== daisy hopes so, too. daisy="" hopes="" so,=""></== daisy hopes so, too.>

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Teresadfp

One day at a time

3 miles in 38 degree temps Just beat the cold rain that came in late morning(but no snow) First training run with my DW She is slow but what a trooper...esp. after seeing 2008 in Dead Here's to an injury free 2008 for all the Boomers out there Fran
          Fran, that's great you ran with your wife. Just keep telling her what a FANTASTIC job she's doing!!! I was getting discouraged that I couldn't run more than 30 minutes non-stop. So DH went for a run with me. I felt like I was barely moving, and he kept saying, "You're going TOO FAST!!" So I slowed down and the sneaky devil tricked me into running 53 minutes straight. The farthest he's run is 7 1/2 miles, so that's one of my goals this year, to beat him! Teresa
          Rindaroo

Hi Linda Big grin Big grin. we'll do slow & easy together. again. ok?
            Okay, its a deal! Glad to see you posting Smile

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

They were all way ahead of me but got to end 35 days of tapering since the Seattle Marathon with annual Resolution Run 5K run under thin overcast with bella dea francesca (when'd you get so fast dear goddess?) and the finale dip part into Lake Washington with divechief, arf, and sounder all takin’ the plunge for the first time. After so many years of doin’ it in the rain/wind, couldn't stifle from goin' back in one more time for any boomers whose locales don’t have or haven't done any polar bear plunges yet. sounder - thanks for sharin’ a Skinny Dip with us afterards. evan - what’s her name, we want to help get her back too. ps - thank you/dh for the thongs. I promise I’ll save ‘em for wine tastin’

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Thanks Teresa, We ran three 5k's together in 2007, a breakout year for my DW. The last one a Turkey Trot in San Diego while there on vacation.(see picture on left Big grin) While my son and I scanned the 5000 finishers for my wife at the time we expected her to finish, she tapped us on the shoulder saying" looking for me"... what a thrill! An obvious PR for her. Stick with it and you will certainly catch your DH! Good luck and keep running! Fran
                  Happy New Years everyone! I've still been slacking today but did some shopping and returning, about 6 hours worth! Traveled an hour over to Sioux Falls, SD and just got home a bit ago. I had fun shopping by myself, but it was mostly stuff for DD's wedding. Oh, DH called for me to get some lumber! Trim for the bathroom window and door. That was interesting! (I got home and he's still sacked out in his recliner, tough day!) Erika, I too hope your pooch is home by now. That's just heart-wrenching to not know where they are. Soundie, you really took a polar dip? Wow, you are one tough cookie! Shocked Tet, it's good to see you out running again, finally. Wink Tim, that dog story made me upset with the owner. My brother-in-law runs his dogs in the road ditches out in the country while following with the four wheeler, but IN TOWN, in a CAR! How absurd. It reminded me of this online test to find the Pit Bull. I couldn't pick it out from the list of 25 pictures. http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html It's good to see all the familiar faces here, and I'm eager to get aquainted with the regulars here at RA too. I looked for a running log book today at Barnes and Noble, but couldn't find one that I liked. They had a runners World one, and the one by the Penguin, I'll have to check Amazon. Any suggestions?

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Howdy Holly, Erika Happy New Year! Hope you find your pup, Erika! Holly, I have followed your kick-ass running year and am soooo impressed with your 2000 + miles and your BQ Good Luck in 2008! Fran

#artbydmcbride

Yes, it has been a very impressive year, Holly S! Smile Yay for PBJ, good luck in Boston! (I can't picture you plump) 3 miles slow and easy.

Runners run

wildchild

Carolyn

Erika, Good luck finding your dog! I know we worry a lot when one of ours goes AWOL. Is yours furry enough that she won't freeze outside? My dogs Tazzie and Ladybug say woof to your pup. Carolyn

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks Teresa, We ran three 5k's together in 2007, a breakout year for my DW. The last one a Turkey Trot in San Diego while there on vacation.(see picture on left Big grin) While my son and I scanned the 5000 finishers for my wife at the time we expected her to finish, she tapped us on the shoulder saying" looking for me"... what a thrill! An obvious PR for her. Stick with it and you will certainly catch your DH! Good luck and keep running! Fran
                          Thanks, Fran! The folks on this site are definitely helping me with my motivation. I have to stay up with that 1000k pace bunny, too! Teresa
                          Mariposai

Just paused to send a warm hug and prayers for Erika and the family as they look for their pup. Congratulations to the great runners this weekend. You guys ROCK. Mustang Sal...great implementation of your race plans!!!Way to go girl...it must be all the famous plonk that did it. Hugs and love to all the Seattle Polar Runners. I am sorry to have missed the fun. JJJ...did I miss your RR? I have been waiting for that. Fjordrunner...it is so good to see you posting again.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Thanks, everyone. Her name is Cheyenne. I'm just sick about this because I know it's my fault. I'm one of those bad dog owners who left her outside loose... but in this neighborhood we all do it... we all know each others' dogs and get along well. If I'd tied her up and she got scared enough, she'd have slipped her collar. I should have left her in the house or garage. Damn. Here she is... candidate for sweetest dog in the world, with her best friend, Midnight the cat, who is prowling around the house meowling and looking for her... DH is going to his office tonight to make more copies of our flier, and he'll stuff newspaper boxes with them on the way home. We searched all the ditches of the nearby roads (sad, but gotta do it) today, and posted fliers on all the stop signs in the subdivisions. Animal control knows about her, but they say I have to call each day (only once, ma'am, after 11 am). I just don't know what else to do. Cry We've had her for over 10 years... she turned 11 on the day after Christmas. 13.6 miles on the stationary bike this afternoon in 50 minutes. Gave me time to think about errant traps and snares... OMG.... She's husky mix, and could be ok outside, but in a snare with no food she'd suffer pretty bad. Have to go to work tomorrow... I'll go to animal control at noon and post her flier on the bulletin board there, and put a Lost ad in the paper... What else can I do?

#artbydmcbride

Put fliers in the pet stores too. And check the newspaper, sometimes folks will post a personal ad; 'found dog'.

Runners run