Masters Running

Another Sunny Saturday but brrrrrrr (Read 36 times)

Good Morning Folks!!!   Sunny but 24 when I went out for my run this morning ....brrrrrrrrr!!  Hope I don't need all this cold weather gear for Philly next weekend!!

Next time you post a list Ribs, you might want to make it an "up to date list" - sounds like you are breaking a lot of hearts!!

Fleet feet to our Richmond marathoners - Tramps and STumpy!!  Have a wonderful run and weekend!!

Last 8 mile run before next weekend - 8.2 to be exact!!  Alternated long run pace with marathon pace the whole way and ran with a wonderful group of women!!  Love the running community - just wish everyone else did too!!  One particularly angry driver nearly road us off the road near the end of our run as they laid on their horn!!  Scared the crap out of me -- feel so sorry for these people who carry so much anger!!  Yes, it was a busy road, but we were running single file and it was 8:30am -- really!!   Keep it safe all!!

denise

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Next time you post a list Ribs, you might want to make it an "up to date list" - sounds like you are breaking a lot of hearts!!

that's what I say, . . . but my luck may run out if his seattle trip works out in February,

Tramps and STumpy!!  Have good times and perfect weekend!!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

It was cold here this morning as well, Deez. It was 15 here at 5:30 when I left the house. Definitely not dressed warm enough - even with no wind - and ended up cutting my run short. Only 6 miles and was hoping to get 2 or 3 more. I made the mistake of stopping in the Y to use the rest room and get a drink - just in the warmth long enough to make me feel even colder when I came back out. I'm smarter than that!

No worries Ribs - not feeling bad at all about not making the "A" list

Good morning Tet!

Watched the 3 grandsons yesterday. Since the cold weather started, they haven't been getting outside enough to "get their wiggles out."  Will is 5, Ben is 3 -1/2 Nicholas is 1- 1/2. They are my pride and joy, but they also really make me tired!

Good luck Tramps, Kevin and all of our other racers this weekend. Hopefully everyone will have good weather and even better runs.

C-R

Hey Deez, tet and Jlynne (and those to follow).

Nice running and isn't it fun to poke at Ribs. he's such a good sport.

Today was the IN USATF XC championships. ran a nice 2.5 warm up and toed the line for the 5k. 21 degrees. Ugh. Ran a 19:41 which is a 30 second course PR and managed 1AG. Then ran a 10.5 mile cool down (one of my friends is getting ready for a half and needed someone to run some miles). Ugh I'm tired but a good tired.

Well off for some chores and maybe an afternoon nap.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

King of PhotoShop

The more I try to extricate myself from this list problem, the worse it gets. After jlynne bullied me yesterday, I began to think about others I missed. Fortunate One was also at that lunch in Minneapolis.  And Deez, if you recall, La Tortuga was also at the dinner when I met you.  I'm just getting slapped from ear to ear.  Did I mention Dove and Jed (he of the famous race in which he got beat by a sandwich!)? I met them at Hood to Coast.

My son is also applying to:  SMU, TCU, Fordham, University of Texas, Trinity (the Texas university) and Creighton in Omaha, a Jesuit school.

5 miles this morning at the Lake to get my 35 in for the week. Mild weather here today, overcast but mid-40's.

All 3 sons here for dinner tonight, my favorite opportunity to cook.  Spareribs

Tramps

Gorgeous day in Richmond.  The best weather I’ve ever seen for this race.  Probably about 30F at the start rising to the low 40s by the end with only very light wind.  All of that helped a lot.

I ended up with 3:45:13, which is in the lower third of my times but I was happy with it, given my limited training.  Under the circumstances, I thought I ran it about as well as I could.  The pacing was about right.  I didn’t blow up but I was very sore, stiff, and somewhat nauseous at the end (what’s new?), feeling drained.  So I guess I did it more or less correctly.

I’m feeling much better now that a fire is blazing in the wood stove and the couch is calling me for a nap.

Any word from Stumpy?

ETA: Nice C-R!  Course record is especially cool.

Be safe. Be kind.

Dave59

Congratulations Tramps. That's a great run for limited training.  Can't wait to hear about Stumpy.

I ran 9 today in 28 degrees and light snow. Then carried more furniture around, Got the kitchen table and chairs up from the basement.

Woohoo Tramps, excellent job on less than optimal training.

Woohoo to C-R - awesome racing and congrat on first in AG, geesh, you are fast.

Yup, never met SR.  I know it will happen someday, my virtue is patience.

I ran today, first time in over a week, due to inflaming my knee on my last run.  Well, the experiment of "just keep running on it even if it feels achy" had a definite conclusion of "you idiot".  So I now know that I have to stop and walk the second it doesn't feel right.  I did that a few times today, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to run at all since it was bugging me a few times during the week just walking, and I ended up running most of 5 gorgeous, sunny, crisp (30F) trail miles at Cougar Mtn.  So lovely, and there were lots of other like minded people up there running, with their dogs.  I stepped aside to let one fellow pass me with his three dogs, and he wiped out right in front of me.    He was too embarrassed to say anything.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

I was interested in the discussion about Amy Stryker as I remember meeting her at the Crim a few years back.  That was the one roch mentioned.  I also recall DaveinAA and MarkGuy being there..  I hope I didn't miss anyone as I don't want to get in the same kind of trouble that ribs did.  I was thinking her screen name was RunningSmarter but didn't have enough confidence to say so on line.  I'm glad to have it verified by roch and ribs.  I do remember her posting about a marathon (her first ?).  Her husband and toddler daughter met her near the end, she took her daughter, and finished carrying her the final little bit and across the finish line.

C-R, congrats on a big PR and 1st in AG in the USATF XC championship.  C-R, way to go in your speedy marathon.

Nice long runs for Holly, Aamos, and C-R.

This morning, it was in the mid 20s and there was a light wind.  I did 5 miles at a 10:51 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

evanflein

Woohoo Tramps! Nice time! I always say 3:45 is a good solid run for a regular marathon. Tougher course, expect slower. Easier course or perfect conditions, expect a little faster. Nicely done!

Congrats on the XC run, C-R, that's a greta time for a XC course.

Hey Deez, you're going to rock Philly! Can't wait to hear all about it.

A beautiful bright sunny day here. We certainly are being blessed with an amazing November. This following a very nice October. And a beautiful September (except for Labor Day and the day of the Equinox). This is almost (note: almost) making up for our sucky summer. We'll get highs in the upper teens in town, and into the 20's here in the hills. I might do a hilly run around the neighborhood so I don't need to be concerned about varying temperatures.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Well, I was close to tramps. Not. As I said on fb, Garmin was 5hours even. It was a gorgeous day. Couldn't have asked for better conditions. Right now everything is sore, but nothing hurts.  Haven't downloaded yet.

Even though I had technically met Tramps at Robin's party a few years ago, but it was reallynnice to sit and chat for a short time. He even brought a couple of running gifts--a richmond running decal and a pair of throwaway gloves (that I never did).

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Tramps

Garmin was 5hours even. 

That's called a 20+ minute PR!  Congrats!

Be safe. Be kind.

Mariposai

That's called a 20+ minute PR!  Congrats!

Stumpy, that is great!!! Congrats. You must be very happy.

Tramps, what a good race for you too!

Deez4boys, you are going to have such a good marathon next weekend.

Twocat, how is the recovery post marathon is coming along for you? Still beaming with the BQ medal?

A gorgeous, but chili day here. I did fit in 6.5 miles up Kermel grade this afternoon. Nice and easy with a strong wind to keep me company. Then I got home and started doing some gym diva minutes. Upper body, plus planks. My goal is to be doing 3' planks by the end of the year. I started two weeks ago with 30'. I am increasing 30' per week. This week I am doing 3x a minute and thirty seconds each. Tough, tough, tough.

I hope you all stay warm tonight. My DH and I are going out to a concert. It should be fun.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Congratulations Tramps and Stumpy!

And C-R--wow--nice day of running for you, too...very nice!

deez--enjoy an easy week and get ready for Philly.

I really hope you can figure out how to take care of your knee, Enke.

I did 13.4 miles in 1:42:59.  It was snowy and slippery out there...and my hands froze...but a pretty enjoyable run.

I am the worse home maintenance/repair guy ever.  DW noticed a small drip under the kitchen sink.  So...I looked things over and found a cracked connector in the drain pipes.  I took it to the hardware store to get a new one.  Got home--wrong size.  Went back and exchanged it for the right size.  Then I took a long detour to get a new pair of running shoes...then I drove into my office to pick up a couple things...then I was stuck in traffic because it was sowing and it was pretty slick...then I shoveled my driveway....and then I got back to working on the pipes.  I figured I could get this thing all put together pretty quickly so I could get out for my run.  I was adjusting a pipe leading from the disposal and--snap!  Yep...back to the hardware store for a new pipe.  Put everything all back together, filled the sink, and watched for leaks as the water drained.  Drip...drip...drip.  Found another little crack in a different pipe.  I went for my run.

Okay--I have to get up to the hardware store before they close.  Oh, did I mention I got some new running shoes?  It's a great day!  See ya!

I changed my mind about the hardware store...these are the things that buckets were made for.  I'll fix it tomorrow.

mrrun

Congrats to both Stumpy and Tramps for great races!

No runs for us today - GD 2 year old bday party and then had lunch with DD and GS.  GS1 was rehearsing for Nutcracker performance next month