Masters Running

Sunday May 24 - Show Time! (Read 31 times)

The Vermont City Marathon starts in just over an hour. Good luck CNYrunner and me too! Also fleet feet to our other racers today.  The link below should let you follow me during the race. Starting time is 8:03am EDT.

Tracking link for me during the Vermont City Marathon. Race starts at 8:03am.

Please view my location at http://www.greenalp.com/RealtimeTracker/index.php?viewuser=matthewspiegel&guestpassword=VCM2014

If that fails the RaceJoy app will broadcast my splits.  Look for bib 3664.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Good luck Twocat and all of you who are racing today. Just leaving the house for a 4 mile race myself. Came down with the crud last week and still feeling the effects of a sore throat/sinus issues but I'm running this one for Jan. Miss her a lot...

Enjoy your Memorial Day everyone. And God bless all who served our country - my DH included. You don't get thanked nearly often enough.

Mike E

MM #5615

Good luck Jlynne!

CNYrunner went through the 10k in 45:15!  Twocat's not far behind at 47:01.  Go go go!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hope that speed keeps up.  I'll be thrilled if my 25K goes as fast as your guys' marathon s. 

Off to the p-o-p line

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

King of PhotoShop

Well it should be fun to see how Karin and TC do today.  Thanks for the tenK update Mike.

More rain here!  It is unbelievable.  We're waiting for a small break in it to run a few miles here in town.  There is flooding everywhere and many instances of fools trying to drive their cars through rising water and having to be towed out.

Nice ran for you and David yesterday Tamster, and good pic.

We went into Dallas last night to see a performance art show.  A friend of my son painted this enormous mural 12' x 24', an abstract of Washington Crossing the Delaware.  The guy is Mexican and recently became an American citizen and he was moved by the fact that the original oil was painted by a German, on the subject of Americans fighting against the British.

So he got an old Datsun 280Z and put in a powerful Chevy engine, with other components from other countries, and then painted it the same as the mural.  The show took place in a huge warehouse, and the car started up (deafening noise) and emerged from behind the mural, then did a series of doughnuts around the warehouse.  You had to put your fingers in your ears with the noise of the engine and the squealing tires.

The design of the mural was intended to replicate the way that ships were painted, not in camouflage, but in this weird pattern that was intended to prevent the enemy from seeing how many ships there were in a formation. I didn't quite get it, but it was an amazing experience.  I'll post a pic of it later if anyone is interested.

Aamos, we are helping you out against the Yanks.  A little gratitude here?   Spareribs

Mike E

MM #5615

Karin is at mile 10 in 1:16:54.  Hmmm....where's Twocat...there he is...1:19:39.

Mike E

MM #5615

They're halfway!  Karin in 1:41:22 and Twocat in 1:45:02

Mike E

MM #5615

Mile 20:  Karin in 2:38:23 and Twocat in 2:41:55.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Mile 20:  Karin in 2:38:23 and Twocat in 2:41:55.

thanks mikeE, and twocat.
                    they’re runnin’ faster than I could run when I could run.

CNY
                    10K. . . 0:45:15. . .7:18m/m
                    10M. . .1:16:54. . .7:42m/m
                    13.1K. .1:41:22. . .7:45m/m
                    20M.. . 2:38:23. . . 7:56m/m
                    26.2M. 3:27:52 (projected)
                    10K. . . 0:47:01. . .7:35m/m
                    10M. . .1:19:39. . .7:58m/m
                    13.1K. .1:45:02. . .8:02m/m
                    20M.. . 2:41:56. . . 8:06m/m
                    26.2M. 3:32:14 (projected)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

Congratulations to Karin and Twocat for completing the Vermont City Marathon!

King of PhotoShop

Well done to the two of them.  It appears they both ran controlled, steady races.  Machines!

And speaking of machines, my explanation of the show last night was probably poor, but if Roch is here today, or others who like cars, here is a quick Youtube of the car:  https://youtu.be/T2mxA3sPZnk

Spareribs

Mike E

MM #5615

Hey Ribs--are you able to post a better picture of the mural?

King of PhotoShop

I should have gotten up closer to it and taken a picture, but after the car performance, they let people come in and see the car and it was mobbed.  But the detail on the mural is very cool.  You can see tiny fragments of oars, flags and stuff like in the original but it's more Picasso-like.  The kid who did it is from a family that owns a car mechanic shop and he got a grant from the Dallas Museum of Art and a bunch of other donations.  He is a friend of my son Travis, who designed the poster for the event. I'll ask him to send me something.  Thanks Mike.  Spareribs

Mariposai

Great performance for karin and twocat. The ESteady Pacer and I  ran 4 miles after we tracked twocat to the finish line.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!

Very grateful, Ribs, and I know I speak for Stumps, marj and henrun.  We're trying to come back, and thanks to Coach Pedey who straightened out Mike Napoli's swing, who just hit another homer, right now!

way to run Karin and TC (had to fight phone as it really

wants to call you TV, Matt)

I was the pokey marathoner today, 3:41.   Beautiful day and fun run; even raced a train for a bit in Great Barrington.

waiting for our 25k runner to report in now!

just barely grins as phone is not behaving and Sox are distracting.....they're leading!

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)