Masters Running

Saturday before "Sandy". 27 October, 2012 (Read 363 times)

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

63F

85%

10 miles: Average pace: 10 minutes/mile

Negative splits. It was so dang dark out there this morning! I even had a headlamp and still had trouble seeing where the trail was... but I think the leaves were at fault for that.

I am going to make some roasted chickpeas for the party tonight! Thanks Paavo! 

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

..nice running rose//.......

==========

28min poolrun

.........am borrowing a bike next week to try out cycling.

does

anyone SnowBike??

besides the ''BackToTheTraffic'' Problem

(read that ''SuddenDeath'')

having

a Seasonal form of recreation just doesn't hit me right

..................good running guys........off to TheBlackHorse after work

http://www.theblackhorsepub.net/

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Slo

Hey All

I've been out of pocket for the week and haven't stayed current with the daily.

I logged 34 miles on a treadmill during my out-of -town stint. I haven't been on a treadmill for nearly three years. I'm thinking it will be at least another three years before I do it again.

Running in downtown St Louis proved to be pretty difficult. I could only get about 2 - 3 blocks before needing to stop at an intersection to wait traffic. I thought I could do loops in the Park around the St. louis Arch but was stopped by Police and was advised not to...or at least wait for daylight.

It sure felt good to get out today without hearing the drone of the treadmill.

Anyone hear from Jlynne lately ?

tomwhite...I snow bike.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/steve.schmit3/photos

I don't know if this link will work or not. You may have to "Friend" me to see the pictures.

Tramps

Holly—sad about your father.  I agree with all the comments—especially Steve’s—about you being a great example.  It’s never wrong to take the high road.

Slo—treadmills and traffic lights.  Yuck.  Welcome back.

Even though it was mostly for work, we had a fun time in NOLA this week.  The only bad part was that our hotel was in the heart of the French Quarter, which I just find weird since it’s kind of a tourist theme park.   Still, we managed to hoof it out to Frenchman Street and elsewhere for some great music every night.  On our last night, we went to see Kermit Ruffins at his regular Thursday-night gig at Vaughan’s, where the man just seems to be in his element: 3+ hours of music, he hangs out chatting with the crowd, and, yes, has a barbeque grill going all night.  A really great time that I recommend to anyone.  Fantastic music, intimate setting, affordable beer, nice mix of out-of-town jazz fans and locals.  What’s not to like?  After a couple hours of sleep, we were on a plane home. (Ouch.  I used to be able to do this and not skip a beat!) 

Not a great running town, as far as I can tell, but still managed to do regular runs in some interesting areas.  Slept in today, though.  I hope to sneak a long run in tomorrow before Sandy douses us.  Hang in there all you east-coasters.

Be safe. Be kind.

...slo//........couldn't open it........will try Sunday when I get back from KY

========

..........saw a 5-k race getting started on my way to work,

two kids were up the road, waiting with pom-poms

and

they were both smoking..............Confused

I weep for the Youth of America

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Slo, next time try Lafayette Park, not far from the Arch. It's in a nice neighborhood but you might run through a bad neighborhood to get there. Luckily, when we were there recently, our HIExp. was right next to it...I ran in a 1-hr. race this morning, the easiest option in our ultra. Wanted 7 miles, which I thought was 7 laps but got the 7 laps and just short of 7 miles. Cold and fun!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

..........saw a 5-k race getting started on my way to work,

two kids were up the road, waiting with pom-poms

and

they were both smoking..............Confused

I weep for the Youth of America

Dead

6 peaceful miles this a.m. - well, as peaceful as the road can be.  Now I gotta get cleaned up so I spend the rest of the day with five wonderful lady friends.

Have a great weekend, folks ~

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

mrrun

Ran this morning on the HILLS of Jerusalem. Tomorrow we're meeting some folks at 6 am for some activity - not sure what it is Good luck dealing with Sandy. Hopefully not a perfect storm and hopefully comes and goes quickly b4 we come home

Marathon Maniac #957

I was grateful that the morning rain in the forecast finished before I got out there to run.  Windy, blustery, slightly misty, but mostly dry.  I ran a 5-mile loop round and round my neighborhood, not a fast run but one with quite a lot of hills.  20.3 miles total.

Now I am cleaning the house, cooking and getting ready for our grown-up Halloween costume party tonight.  Just made my first-ever batch of Kahlua/vodka chocolate pudding shots, with crumbled oreos on top and a gummy worm sticking out.  Joking

Happy Saturday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

6 miles this morning...lots of small hills to go up....and then breakfast(yum).

Holly- I'm sure your party will be terrific...hope you can have a nap before it starts...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                      Mariposai

Ohh to run on the hills of Jerusalem, what an experience that must be.

Tramps, Kermit Ruffins, is fabolous! He is new to me!!! Did you and tribee dance to his music?

Opie, when is your next marathon?

Paavo, that roasted chickpea is delicious. I saw your post last night and since I had all the ingredients in my pantry I went ahead and made it. Even the "other sons" who normally do not like to eat "weird food" liked it. Thanks for sharing the recipe with us.

I am wondering if Holly decided to run her 20 miler today.

I sure hope the Hambolt County girls are having a blast.

No running for me yet. I got up early to do some baking to send to son David and his roommate. I baked some breads last night, but  part of the bread was devoured last night, so I had to make a new batch. The boys are now gone to the big city to watch a game, which gives me a "Me weekend".

For once I decided to be lazy and not tackle any big project while the boys are gone Clown. So, I will start by finishing a book, running, skyping with my sisters, and then watching some chick flick movies. It is so rare that I have an absolute "Me weekend" that I am going to really enjoy it.

Sandy is sure looking bad. I am concerned for our friends and family members back East. Be safe my friends!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mariposai, I'm planning on running the Tucson Marathon Dec. 9, although I haven't signed up for it yet.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

holly, I concur with everyone else that you are providing your kids with what a good family is like.  wild, it was neat that your daughter gave you such a nice, and well deserved, compliment.  willamond, happy birthday and welcome.  opie, nice racing.

Nice long runs for RCG and holly.

This morning, it was in the mid to high 30s and there was a little wind.  I got in 8 miles at an 11:18 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

TammyinGP

I'm so glad you are having a "project-less" wknd, Nancy! Your plans for your time alone sound wonderful!

David ran a 5K this morning. did very well. new PR of 19.35, which is a 25 second improvement over his 5K from 2 wks ago. he got 2nd in his AG, 6 seconds behind the leader.

I ran the HM. I don't know my official time, but my garmin said 2:08:26. the official time is probably about the same. I took a long loop around a block at one point, instead of turning on a street I should have. Actually, me and several others as well. No one was standing on this particular corner to route us. So, I ended up with 13.4 miles today. at least it wasn't too far out of my way.

splits started out well, but since I'm really only trained for running about 7-8 miles, instead of 13, I guess my splits sort of reflect that.

this finished off my 3 HM's in 5 wks. and I'm probably done racing for the year now. Now it'll just be about figuring out my spring marathon goals and coming up with some actual training to follow!

eta: official results:

2:08:02.

OA: 47/85

Females: 24/59

AG: 9/19.

oy~

Tammy

King of PhotoShop

Got home last night from a long week in Pittsburgh.  Funny that it was 80's all week and I never put on my coat.  So now we're getting a cold front and they're having bizarre weather.

Next Sunday I have my Dallas RC Half, a big race for me, and today was my lake club's "Double Trouble" race(s).  You can run a 5K and a 10K right after, so i did both and the plan was to run them at tempo pace, or 8:40's for me.  I hit the splits right on the money, and because there were so many races in the DFW area today, I won my AG in both. Sweet day.

I had to go back and skim the last few days here and I have to salute Holly for doing the right thing. Let others behave as they wish.  You just keep doing what's right.

I had to chuckle at the Tamster's review today, that she had a great ten mile run; too bad she was entered in the Half!  But all that was offset by how well David is running.  Good for him.

Okay, no more from me. I'm off to the kitchen to roast some chickpeas.  Did I ever mention how much I love that Paavo?   Spareribs