Masters Running

Sunday 24th runs (Read 516 times)

jules2

Where is everybody I'm amazed I'm first. Anyway my first race ( barring one duathlon 6 months ago) for a year. 5 miles, flatish course, don't know exact race time as my watch didn't work but guy in front got 32.30 on his watch and my friend in front of him 32.40! I assume one was on race time and one the time from crossing the line. Really pleased with result as I expected around 34.00. I will enter it in my log when the results are posted and now heading off for a bath.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Congrats on a fine race, jules. We're about to head out the door on the way to our Carribean cruise. I'll be back in a week. TomS
        Nice race Jules! Enjoy your cruise TomS! The plan this morning was for a 17 mile Pfitz-style progression run, starting out at MP+20% (10:12 min/mile) and over the miles picking it up to about MP+10% (9:21 min/mile). I guess I need to work on feeling the pace better ... I actually had a warmup mile at 10:26, then 8 miles at around 9:35 or so, 4 miles at 9:00, and then had 1 mile at MP, before settling back into about a 9:00 min/mile pace to finish it off. 17.35 miles altogether at 9:19 average overall. MP+10% for the whole run. Oops. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

must be another Sunday that everyone's out doing long runs. Me, 3 miles on my hill loop on half packed powder, and half plowed. the packed powder portion had the most hills and I enjoyed running down them with what passes for wild abandon early in a run, without much worry about the effects of a wipeout Smile Bill--it sounds like you may have finally kicked whatever was holding you back. Tom--enjoy your cruise. it should feel really good after the lovely weather of the past week. Jules--nice fast race. either time sounds pretty good to me. I can see that there is a definate advantage to being early in the thread--I feel like Tom and BTB Wink Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Good morning gentlemen. The wimmin must be sleeping in today. Temps are a little nippy this morning, but got in 4 miles on slippery streets in 38:10. No treadmill two days now - I'm on a roll! Nice runs Jules, Bill and Kevin. Tom, enjoy your vacation. We're leaving for Florida on Tuesday for a week of vacation, and I'm excited about running in warm weather for the first time in months. Enjoy your day of rest, everyone. Jeanne

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Wow - great race Jules! Have a great time on your cruise Tom - you will be missed!! You have a greta vacation too Jlynne! Seems to be the time for vacations as I take off for San Franciso this Wednesday. Smile Yesterday I was out for a very slow 8 miles - 11:36 pace. Could not run up hills of any substance - leg would not allow it. Today I was out for a fun run WITHOUT Yaktraks - wow what a difference that makes!! 6.5 miles at 10:16 pace - haven't seen those numbers in a long, long time. Some roads were still full of snow, but the roads that were bare pavement were a joy to behold. Happy Sunday! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Fast race Jules!! Congrats! Nice long one Breeger! Snow run.. fun Kevin! 10 miles of hilly trails with Tory which was really enjoyable at a nice comfortable 9:30 pace after yesterday's 20K race. All systems go, felt sproinky. Have greta runs! Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Hill Runner

Good morning everyone, A nice morning for a long run today, but just a little windy. 20.02 miles of hills @ 9:27 pace (152 AHR)...it got easier after mile 13 but I think that I'd rather run 26 flat miles than 20 miles of hills...glad that's done. Smile I'm all set for the Shamrock marathon in Virginia beach next month. Nice runs this morning everyone.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                  Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                  Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

King of PhotoShop

20 miles of hills is some good workout Peter. Well done. Breger, the progression part is not as important as the energy part. You got some quality pace work in over the distance and that is the good thing. I imagine the temps were a bit easier on you today and you were feeling strong. Nice job. I just now got to Perch's RR. What a great win for him. He deserves it with his hard work. And Mariposai is the heroine of the day I think. I enjoyed that one. See, if I can't run at least I can live through you folks! I didn't run this weekend at all, and not bringing any gear with me this week. I leave again for Baltimore in an hour, this time I'll be in Salisbury, MD on Monday and Bethesda on Tuesday. If it weren't for having to leave Tuesday night for Minneapolis for two days, i would have arranged to have dinner with one of my favorite dates, runningindc. We could talk feet all night! Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #957

Nice runs already today. Peter - 20 miles of hills - nice job!
                      Rest assured, the keg is coming to Boston.
                      Yayyy!! Sarge – sorry to hear about your bout with strep – nasty stuff. TomS – I find the same thing about the temps – if I would only wait a few hours they often get reasonable, but then, I’m still happier having my run done early. Enjoy your cruise! BTB – way to turn it around yesterday! I totally understand, having felt pretty carpy all week as well, and the fact that you ran after work, too – impressive force of will, my fren. Evryday – nice 18-miler yesterday. Armadillos? Where do you live? Spareribs – excellent video yesterday, brought tears to my eyes. For those who didn’t watch it, it’s worth the time: http://video.stumbleupon.com/#p=ithct48cqw Jules – congratulations! 13 slow and low-energy miles for me today in 16-18 degrees. Not surprising, given my carpy cold this week, but I’m glad I got it done. More house busy-ness for the rest of the day, so I'd better get moving.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

No running for me yet, but I have a 13 miler calling my name this afternoon. I am taking solarmix 8 for a spin with me...it should be fun. ***************************** My Paraguay marathon RR is found here. http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MastRun/Forum/cf5bbb25ffdb4815a88a70a86d353a6d

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Slow start today...cold 34 degrees... Easy 11 miler today after yesterday's Half at Cowtown.... I am still nursing this right shin splint......ice after every run....no speed sessions for a while Goos running all...
                          Tramps

Great run, Peter. Welcome back, Mariposai. 14.2 mostly flat, easy miles @ 8:46.

Be safe. Be kind.

munchkn883

Loop around the Duke Trail for me this morning with some TNT people and a survivor friend of mine. We had a great time.
                                Very slow 10 miles today. Feeling a little worn out after yesterday's 5-hour BURP meeting. Entertaining always tires me out. And to take advantage of the house being clean, we're having friends over for dinner tonight.... I'm very jealous of tom - i'm more than ready for a cruise in warm climates!

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason