Masters Running

Fri Jan 04 Daily Runs (Read 765 times)

bap

9.25 miles today at 8:40 pace (av HR 134). 34 degrees with a light breeze. I've just been to a chiropractor who told me not to run for 2 days Cry What am I going to do now? What am I going to do now? What am I going to do now?

Certified Running Coach
    Crocked since 2013

Erika – I’m so glad you found Cheyenne (yeah)...but it's terrible you have gone over to the darkside. A treadmill!!! shame on you girl... No running yet, but more snow..ugh..what a year...Did run 10K with my lady friend last night in -22F weather. Very very cold, but today it's warm but snowy. Going off to visit my parents and have lunch with them as they leave for their 3 months in Portugal tomorrow. Gotta find the time to go visit them again this year.... Take care my friends and I will post my run or probable snowshoe run later. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Jlynne - I refuse to give up the M&M's!! I did switch to the dark chocolate variety since dark chocolate is so good for you ;-). I count out 20 M&M's for desert just about every night. LaVita - I think I heard that Britney's Mom is coming out with a book of her memoirs. It will be a must read for parents who want to learn how not to raise their kids. I'm glad the New Hampshire primaries are only a few days away - we'll get that over with and maybe the novelty will wear off and the media will find something else to beat to death for awhile. Perch - you make me shiver just looking at that picture. Brrrrrr!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Only 4 miles this morning at an 8:00 pace...
          Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
          Mariposai

TGIF.. Couldn't talk after with numb face. Totally enjoyed the run!
            Only a runner would make that kind of statement. Great picture and great run Perchcreek. Jlynne- I read the whole RW magazine, cover to cover, last night between call back assigments at work. I guess I better be more deligent in doing core training. Tall...Você fala o português? Seus pais falam o português? Will you be visiting your parents in Portugal while they are there? Bap-great up the hill and back run. I had to postpone my planned morning run today. I got only one hour of sleep last night (one of those monster on-call nights) and I have a 10hr work day ahead of me. I hope to run tonight since I know I will be taking a nap during lunch hour to keep up with the work schedule the rest of the day. We got so much snow around here...it has been snowing for 24 hours. The slopes are going to be fantastic this weekend. Tongue

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

#artbydmcbride

That is a very nice 'only', Lyndenrunner. Smile I ran 5 miles last night, and no more hip pain! It is a Festivus miracle! Smile Perchcreek!! There is ice on your face!!! Shocked Stevep, I am glad DW is okay after her car accident. That reminds me, Holly S. how is your mother-in-law doing these days? Have a great Friday all!

Runners run

Sue T - counting out 20 M&M's is not an option! Willpower is not one of my strong suits. Bap - no running for 2 days? Imagine that first run after a 2-day rest - you'll probably burn a path in the ground with your blazing speed. Tallrunner - I can't imagine running in -20 weather. Your new lady must really be "smitten" to be out in weather like that. Your picture reminds me of the cover of Runner's World this month - nice 6-pak abs! Why is it so much harder for women to accomplish that look? Probably because men don't eat M&M's!

Marathon Maniac #957

That reminds me, Holly S. how is your mother-in-law doing these days?
                  Ilene – my MIL is doing much better, thank you. She is home again and much recovered, but has another surgery on 1/8 to remove her colostomy. Her colon was badly ruptured in the accident, but now they say it has healed. She is still dealing with the death of her beau, but is thankful to be alive. She is an amazing woman. Jlynne – I could never leave bowls of M&Ms around my house. DD loves them, but when I bring them home I buy the mini fun-size bags. I can limit myself to one bag, and leave the unopened bags alone.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

King of PhotoShop

Soundie, I was unable to post until now; still having heart problems after seeing your picture. Reminded me of the famous picture of Ursula Andress from Dr. No. Just about every college kid had that poster on his wall. Wow! Horse, since I can't run now, I might as well talk chess. Your post was a riot. What the others here probably don't know is that although I know a lot ABOUT the game, I am a TERRIBLE player. I think my rating when I played was 1100. I will leave it to you to explain to the runners here how much of a difference that is between you and me. BTW, I used to tear out Byrne's column and replay the whole game following the notation. I loved those columns. 5.5 walking on packed dirt, with 1.6 miles very slow jogging in the middle. We'll see tonight if the foot is okay. Mariposai, in Brazil I learned Portuguese, enough to order a caiparena. Did I spell that okay? Rose who are those adorable girls in your avatar, your daughters? Spareribs
                      Soundie, I was unable to post until now; still having heart problems after seeing your picture. Reminded me of the famous picture of Ursula Andress from Dr. No. Just about every college kid had that poster on his wall. Wow!
                      I had the same thought, but decided to wait for Ribs to come out and say it. He can get away with more than I can.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

evanflein

Erika – I’m so glad you found Cheyenne (yeah)...but it's terrible you have gone over to the darkside. A treadmill!!! shame on you girl...
                        Yeah, well, sorry 'bout that. Had to do it. I've actually been using the old worn out treadmills at the gym for years cuz I mainly run at night and just not a smart idea (slipping/getting hit by cars/moose) around here when it's dark cold and snowy. The new one is very nice, still getting used to it. BUT... trying to plan my weekend runs outside if I can. Perch, I'm hoping it WARMS UP to at least 10 this weekend but probably won't see more than low single digits. But too much indoor running really isn't good for the soul so will try to get out at least one of those days (6-8 planned for Saturday/ 16-18 Sunday...). I was very happy to get up at 4 to let my small-bladdered dog out this morning. She's very tired and seemed stressed yesterday afternoon, but by evening was starting to look like her ol' self again. Thanks again to everyone for all the "safe return" vibes!

Marathon Maniac #957

...cuz I mainly run at night and just not a smart idea (slipping/getting hit by cars/moose) around here when it's dark cold and snowy.
                          Yeah, I think I would particularly hate getting hit by a moose...that's gotta hurt... Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

okay. Mariposai, in Brazil I learned Portuguese, enough to order a caiparena. Did I spell that okay? Spareribs
                            Ribs...Caipirinha-Brazil’s national cocktail made with cachaça ( a distilled alcoholic beverage) is still one of my old time favorite apperitive. Where were you in Brazil?. Did you run any races there? Did you run at all while visiting the country? Brazilian food is amazing, right?. Well...we will not talk about i'ts women... Wink. I am hoping to go to visit the Iguazu Falls in Brazil while I visit Paraguay later this month. Good luck on your Lr this weekend Erika. Wear the goggles if you go out...please no more ice ladden eyelashes. Holly-Thanks for the update on your MIL. It is still snowing in here. arrrhhh I want to be skiing right now!!!! Cry

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Re: my photo. I think you're all off your rockers, but sweet. Wink And Ursula had at least a chest going for her. Didn't run yesterday and taking anther rest day again. Feeling wiped out and icky (how many times have I said that the past few months? Knowing me, it will last just 2 days). 2 weeks from Carlsbad as of this Sunday. I ran 10 GA on Monday, a 5k on Tuesday, a sloggy, slow 19.2 on Wednesday. Thinking maybe 6 EZ tomorrow and 10 with some MP intervals on Sunday? What say anyone who cares? I'm winging my taper at this point. I am worried I haven't done enough MP intervals. (Also quality long runs, but it's too late to change that.) Mariposai, I already had my running-in/on-the-snow fix for the winter, but I was itching to xc ski. Enjoy. Ahhh, more South America travel adventures.... Sad sigh. Hi LaVita! Hi CNY! Erika, enjoy the new mill. I forgive you. Wink Holly, nice xc/core work. You make me feel lazy as usual. My upper body is mushy.

King of PhotoShop

Mari, I ordered it "sim asucar" to save on all those calories! I lived and worked in Curitiba, ran those funny cobbled streets every day and ate beans and rice for lunch. Have many pleasant memories from that project. The Brazilians crowd the restrooms after lunch to brush their teeth. In the U.S., you occasionally see someone in a restroom brushing his teeth. It seemed in Brazil everyone did that. Spareribs