Masters Running

Photo's from my recent trip to Temagami - My true home! (Read 385 times)

I thought I would post a few photo's from my favorite place in the world. My parents cottage in Temagami. I just got back from 4 days there and it was so relaxing. How I would love to spend my summers there. Guess I better set a goal to do that in a few years. My parents bought the huge property in 1967 for $1400 dollars (yep you read right), a few months later the natives put in a land claim for the whole area and no one was able to build there. In the 80's the conservative government made it into a provincial park waterway system and it is now a protected area. No one can buy. We have to cross by boat to get there, it's loaded with fish and wildlife and more importantly it's my "home". my true home. Tall First picture of is of our beautiful beach. All sand for miles either way. The next picture is of our outdoor sauna. Hand made by my dad. What a wonderful place to relax after a hard days work. The last one is of a sunset on Thursday.

Recent Best times: None recently

No wonder you love it so Tall. That is amazing! That picture of the sunset is one of the best I've ever seen. You need to get up there every chance you get. It obviously is where you want/need to be! Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

GreenMan

Wow Tall, thats incredible. you lucky dawg. Smile jjj
        Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
          Nice pictures Tall........that is a great area. I have spent considerable time in Algonquin Park and used to run a hockey camp in the Kirkland Lake area. I also have been in and through Sudbury on various occasions, including being stranded there during a snow storm.....imagine that...lol. I am glad you had a nice opportunity to get up there and enjoy the beauty of that part of the country. How are the bugs this year? That is one draw back to the area.
          Vista
          SteveP

Sweet post Tall. Thanks for sharing.

SteveP

Spectacular! Indeed I see why you love it and call it your true home. Thanks for sharing the photos and how much you care about this incredible place. Karin
              wildchild

Carolyn

Awesome photos, Tall. Thanks for sharing! Do your parents spend their whole summers up there?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Henrun

Breathtaking! Why oh why did I ever leave Ontario?
                  munchkn883

WOW!
                    HermosaBoy

Great Pics Tall!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Lovely place!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Great pictures, Tall. It looks like a good place for a boomers get away. TomS
                          stumpy77

Trails are hard!

We feel very lucky to have a great place in Maine, but this looks so isolated and inviting. absolutely gorgeous!! Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

arf

MM #405

Beautiful! Thanks Tall. That sunset is so gorgeous!

The Jogger

AAAAH PARADISE Smile