Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 9.24.12 (Read 359 times)

Some really great running  racing (to include Jay!) this weekend - as usual.  Just goes to show we all get better with age!

Beautiful pic, Posie.

Opie - No comment re the whole toilet thing . . . .

Ribs - Riding in a hot air balloon is at the top of my bucket list.  Maybe something to shoot for for my 50th birthday in a few years.

Tammy - Are you running the Enchanted Forest Wine Run?  I listed to URP yesterday and they interviewed Timothy Olson.  It was a great interview.  He sounds like a very nice guy.

Rest day today.  Since I've had some hard runs (i.e., they were hard for me to get through) over the past two weeks, Coach has me in a nice 3-week long taper.  Me is pleased. Approve

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

Yes, Leslie. I'm running that one on Saturday. I've had the good fortune of meeting Timothy Olsen several times and he is indeed an extremely nice, likeable and humble guy. I'm looking forward to his race as I'm sure he'll put on a great event.

Tammy

Bushrat Runner

5 miles today at lunch...back in the saddle again?...

Erika...Equinox should be Sept 21 next year, so I'm going to plan on it. I've always wanted an excuse to fly to Fairbanks from here, so I'll give it a try. Tony's run in Dillingham should be the next day, that's sort of tempting as a back to back. Maybe not very feasible, but tempting. 

Hi gang!

Some nice racing going on these days, and gorgeous pics being posted.  Forgive me if I don't post shout-outs, but this place is hard to keep up with.

6 miles today, broken into 3  X 2 mile segments.  Felt pretty good.

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

evanflein

5 miles today at lunch...back in the saddle again?...

Erika...Equinox should be Sept 21 next year, so I'm going to plan on it. I've always wanted an excuse to fly to Fairbanks from here, so I'll give it a try. Tony's run in Dillingham should be the next day, that's sort of tempting as a back to back. Maybe not very feasible, but tempting. 

Troy, if you come to Fairbanks for Equinox, I'll run Dillingham with you the next day... um, if you provide flight taxi service, that is. Big grin DH would be a great co-pilot/navigator! Big grin

Bushrat Runner

Erika...I'm willing to try, it sounds fun. The plane has four seats, but it is really a pretty nice two person plane or a barely do-able 3 person plane. So I'll need an honest household weight assessment from you and DH to see if we can make it work...is it possible that between the two of you the total household weight is under 350 lbs? If so, we might be able to do it.

I did manage a three adult adventure in mid-August. Barely. We each were allowed a pair of underwear. And a toothbrush. And they brought a camera...

SteveP

Sound fun Jlynne

Nice Nancy.

DG!!!!!!

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

So I'll need an honest household weight assessment from you and DH

Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Bushrat Runner

Smile

It's a longstanding Alaska tradition...get the total household weight, that way we can blame it all on the hubby in every case.

But it is critical stuff for flight in little planes.

We each were allowed a pair of underwear. And a toothbrush. And they brought a camera...

Big grin

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance