Masters Running

Donna - Thoughts of our Life together (Read 888 times)

TomD

It was 3 years and 3 months to the day, that Donna sent me that first email to the day I last seen my, Babe. I would of answered that day, if I was not in Texas with Spareribs. We had so much to talk about to each other all the time. We would travle long distances in our car without ever turning on the radio. Once we drove clear to Delaware another to Conn. without the radio on. We talked almost always about the future, because it was so bright for us. All the things we were going to do and some we did, but some we were not given the time. We both liked to look the other sleeping. Donna looked so much like a true angel. Donna did not like to read at all. She had me read things and explain or tell her about it. Sometimes books too. I read a couple of books by Sandra Brown, that have us the idea how we came to be here and with each other. We thought we were the rare couple that were both in the spirit world together then together in this world. The idea is that you come here to improve yourself, but the spirit world of course is much better. One day Donna decided to come here to work on her patience, so she mapped out a blueprint of her life. She then gave it to her guardain angel for approval and away she went. After nearly 7 years I was tired of waiting so I did the same, but I wanted to fix her wagon. So I made it 64 years into her life here before we met. It would give her plenty of time to work on patience. This way we both could work on things, then still spend many years here loving each other before going back to the other side together. I must of really messed up my blueprint. We could both see the differences in our lifestyles through our years until they became so much alike. I know time goes so very quickly over in the spirit world, but the last week has been a real drag for me. I know that I will probably live a lot more years, but I feel so very very very empty inside. It is Monday and everyone is back to there lives, which they need to be. I do have a lot to do here, but it is still will be lonely. Donna's daughter, Suzzette, goes back to Portland, OR, this afternoon. Donna named her after one of her dogs and one of our cats was named after Suzzette. All our babies have a least one middle name. Some are very interesting. They names our for the most part not your everyday names. Donna wanted all to feel special. Donna was not the lease interested in politics or sports, but of course I am especially Baseball and the Kansas City Royals. You cannot get away from Jayhawk Basketball either. She would listen to me whenever I would talk about this stuff and even ask questions. Of course I would go into detail about the subject. She was amazed how smart I was. I let her know it was just something I loved. Like her with animals, that was her love. Donna was loaded with common sense while I am not. I am good at figuring things out. We helped each other so much with each others shortcomings Donna was so very good with people. People always left feeling important. She took the extra time at her job, patient care, to help others with personal troubles. Many times did on her own time. To her everyone was important unless they hurt animals. Micheal Vick is a name you just do not say in front of her. She felt he deserve the death penalty. No question about it. Well, I have a lot to do around here. My wife was quite a pack rat. Goodwill will be getting some very nice clothes. She was so small, that done of her friends can wear her clothes. But no one had a bigger heart. I plan to spend Easter Weekend by myself writing down all my thoughts on Donna and put it on a disc, so I can play it over and over whenever I want. TomD
      {{{{{{{{{Tom}}}}}}}}}} - Writing is good therapy, and it will help you hang on to all of the wonderful memories of your Donna. If there is a Hospice group in your area, check out the support groups. It might help ease the loneliness to talk with others going through similar experiences. Hugs, thoughts and prayers.

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Tom, Thank you for sharing this. Writing is good therapy but, it is also good for us to read about Donna, I didn't know her but, now I feel like I do. She was an angel. I look forward to reading your notes. I also look forward to reading about your next marathon. Rose

Worry no more

Oh, worry no more

There's an open door for you

Worry no more

Oh, worry no more

There's an open door for you

((Tom)) thank you for sharing your beautiful memories -- keep your friends nearby and know your online friends are holding you in our hearts!!

denise

wildchild

Carolyn

Tom, I love reading your memories of Donna and of the love you shared. What a sweet love story! I'm so sorry for your loss, and I hope that your happy memories will sustain you through your loneliness.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TomD

Sue, I will find out about the Hospice group. It sounds like an excellent idea. Rose, I canceled out on both of my marathons this week, but I open to run the Andrew Jackson Marathon on April 18th. I will continue with my reports. TomD
              TammyinGP

Tom, you have been in my thoughts so much over the past several days. I simply cannot imagine the heartache of losing the one you love to the very depth of your soul. I imagine it's one of those feelings that you never really know until you are in that spot. Like others have said, writing is very good therapy and will help immensely as you proceed through your grieving process. My prayers will continue to be with you, Tom.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

{{{Tom}}} Keep writing, Tom. I think the idea of putting it on a disc for you to re-read later is a great idea.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

{{TomD}} Peace be with you, Tom.
                      Tom, you know we're here for you and that we enjoy your rememberances. Loneliness and grief are natural at a time like this. If anyone can endure, it's you. Hope to see you at Brookside Park in a few weeks.
                      nowor

Tom, I am so grateful that you're sharing memories of Donna. Each time you write I learn more about her and just how deeply you took care of each other. I am just stunned that you and Donna met 3 years and 3 days before she died. In my mind it was a lot longer. i think because the glow in your writing was so bright from the time you met her. You should have had more time, but you did have the best quality love. Sue
                        SteveP

Tom, thanks for sharing your life together.

SteveP

Tom, thanks for the post. Keep them coming. TomS
                              ok....thank you tom for sharing and thank you for the lessons that I'm learning from your love for Donna. Everyone....go find some one you love and tell them how much they mean to you. Do it now. Thanks Tom. Smile
                              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                                Tom, so glad to hear from you. I was remembering the time we spent waiting for Boston one year. You hadn't met Donna yet, and were kind of a "guy on the loose." Once you met Donna, you were her man, that was so clear. When you make your disc, please include how she would volunteer at so many of your races, and cheer on the rest of us as well. If we were your friend, she made us her friend, too. Glad to hear you will be running again soon. blessings and peace of mind & heart, A.
                                Masters 2000 miles