Masters Running

April Masters Miles (Read 53 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

"If you can dream it, you can do it."

Hey Masters - another month has come and gone, so it's time to post your mileage total and any PRs or AG awards for April!

Awards for most miles, fewest miles, average, median, prime numbers, and cool totals.

I hope you're all looking forward to May as much as I am!

I took this picture in White Ranch Park a couple weeks ago on a 50k trail run with some friends.  This picture is deceiving - most of the trails are NOT flat!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

C-R

Thanks Wild.

Only 184.3 for me this month but I managed a BQ so I can join the fun next year.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

145.3   Getting  a little higher each month

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

157 for April

680 for 2014, on pace (barely) for a 2000-mile year

PW at Boston but had a blast

Dave59

130 for April.  Nothing interesting about any of them.

71.5 miles for April.  I was on track for twice that before my hamstring said "No Way".

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Walk-Jogger

128 miles for April.

550 miles total for the year.

Not as many miles as I had planned, and lowest mileage month of the year so far.

No races. I skipped two planned races; one due to weather and one due to caution over a minor ITB or other unknown leg issue.

One epic crazy workout; 31x400 meters at about 3K race pace last Sunday as penance for skipping my planned 10K race the day before. My legs still haven't forgiven me for that!

Retired &  Loving It

After the winter we've had and coming back from back/hamstring issues, I'm happy to report I had 116.3 miles for April. A drop in the bucket for most of you, but I'm making steady progress getting my weekly mileage to 30+ again.

Thank you Carolyn for your dedication to keep this thread going every month. Much appreciated

SubDood

Is it cheating if I go home and run 0.1 miles to wrap up April with a prime number?

Just a dude.

121.8 Miles for me. Almost 2 weeks cross training trying to get some leg issues worked out...

644.7 for the year.

Thanks!

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Rondog65

106.4 miles for me, the 2nd highest miles in a month for me!

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Thanks Carolyn!

April: 300.0 miles (bit of a dip due to a marathon taper)

2014: 1307 miles

Martian Marathon AG award

Running streak: 1351 days (avg 7.8 miles per day, 2014 average 11 miles per day)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

wildchild

Carolyn

Only Perch would call a 300 mile month a bit of a dip!

I had a good month - 229 miles, a new high for me (and prime!), and a weekly record of 63.1 miles.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

SubDood

166.9 miles for April ("sub-prime," perhaps?), and 917.1 miles for 2014.

Ran my first Boston Marathon!  And had an age group victory in a local 10K the week before Boston.

MM #7877

Miles for April - 280.1

Highlights:

1. 3 races: A Half Marathon & 2 Marathons.

2. Half Marathon PR on the day before my 48th birthday: 1:41:21

3. Marathon PR at Carmel Marathon: 3:31:28.

4. The month also included my 2nd fastest marathon ever time of a 3:32:43 set at the Glass City Marathon.

Philippians 4:13.