Masters Running

How long can a cat survive in a refrigerator? (Read 1077 times)

bap

If I hadn't gone to put the coffee away he would have been in there all day Shocked

Certified Running Coach
    Crocked since 2013

#artbydmcbride

Oh my gosh! Well hopefully he won't go in there again. Don't stand there so long holding the door open anyway!! Big grin {{{bigapplepie's cool cat}}}

Runners run

So now you have a really "cool" cat, huh? Glad you found him in time! Reminds me of a much less-dangerous mishap with my mom's cat several Thanksgivings ago: Mom was struggling to carve the turkey and the cat was sitting at her feet, lapping us the juices from the turkey as they cascaded down onto her head. It looked as if kitty was being baptized in turkey drippings! She loved it, until we realized how covered she was in the greasy stuff and put her in the tub for a little shampoo. Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

spacityrunner

ROTFLMAO I don't know how long they can last........ When I first brought my rescue kitty's home, one of them crawled into the bottom drawer in the kitchen, and I closed it. I kept hearing these strange noises coming from the kitchen, but every time I went to explore..silence. This went on for about an hour. I did not miss the kitty cause they were new and hiding most of the time anyway..... Then, when the noise happened one more time, I marched into the kitchen (mind you this is a 1bd 720 sq ft condo, not a big place) and stood there until the noise started up again. Imagine my surprise when the kitchen drawer started making noise Big grin opened drawer and out she popped....no worse for wear. Your story reminded me of this...thanks

Trails Rock!

Dave59

We got a couple kittens about 6 weeks ago and after just a couple weeks I noticed I hadn't seen one for a while so I searched the whole house. Under everything in every little place I could think of. As a last resort I assumed she had gotten out the door and I started walking around the neighborhood (and it was dark, cold and rainy). I finally gave up, decided to wait to resume the search in the morning, and sat down at my desk. That's when I heard the smallest sound, opened the drawer and there she was calm as could be curled up in my bottom desk drawer. She must have crawled down from the back of the middle drawer when I wasn't looking. She does hold a small grudge though. Every time I have a glass of water on my desk, she jumps up and sneezes in it.

I don't know how long a cat could survive in a fridge, but we had one that spent 4 days in a tree. He went up this huge oak in our yard to the first branch that was about 35 feet in the air and would not come down. We put food under the tree called and called for him and he would not budge. I kept thinking, let him alone, he'll come down, but after 4 days I was worried. On my way home from work I passed a cable TV repair truck about a block from our house. I stopped and asked if he would help rescue a cat with his bucket truck. He obliged and drove into my yard and under the tree. The boom just made it high enough to reach the cat and when he bought the cat down, where do you think the cat ran to? Not to the food or water that we had out for him, not back up the tree. He made a mad dash for ...................................... ............................................ ................ the litter box!
              SteveP

He obliged and drove into my yard and under the tree. The boom just made it high enough to reach the cat and when he bought the cat down, where do you think the cat ran to? Not to the food or water that we had out for him, not back up the tree. He made a mad dash for ...................................... ............................................ ................ the litter box!
                HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

SteveP

....I actually resisted looking at this for 24-HOURS//.........I'm getting better on my Will Power...... The Man knows how to Title a Topic/////

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

GreenMan

Tom you never disappoint. I thought it was a rhetorical question. Sorta like "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?" Which took me like forever to figure out. jjj
                    Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                      8.5 hours.....could of been a bit soonerthough.... he was still showing signs of life at 8.25. Can I get in trouble for this? ETA....at least that's what I've heard....
                      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                        Poor cats but thanks for the stories! bap, you don't know me but I'm a fan of yours. You always have something interesting to say!

Tag

I suspect a cat wouldn't last long in a frig. This actually brings up a bad childhood memory. When I was 6 or 7 years old I found our pet cat in an empty ice chest that was on our back patio. The cat had been missing for about a day. The ice chest was air tight. The cat was dead.
                            I suspect a cat wouldn't last long in a frig. This actually brings up a bad childhood memory. When I was 6 or 7 years old I found our pet cat in an empty ice chest that was on our back patio. The cat had been missing for about a day. The ice chest was air tight. The cat was dead.
                            We have 5 cats now, and I'm constantly on my hub to keep the $$%^ ice chests closed because I am afraid of just such a thing. Keeping track of 5 cats can be a load, especially when the two young ones aren't allowed outside by themselves yet. Went out last night calling and calling looking for Oscar. Just knew he'd gotten out when I was doing laundry. I finally came back inside, freezing, and there he was, sitting on the counter yawning, like, "What??" He'd been asleep on the bar stool, which had a shirt thrown over the back of it drying off. He was invisible. Dang cat - he needs to learn to come when he's called!! Angry But I'm very happy he was safe and sound. Big grin

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

bap

I know what you mean. I nearly stepped on this yesterday.

Certified Running Coach
                              Crocked since 2013

Dave59

If I hadn't gone to put the coffee away he would have been in there all day Shocked
                                I was just wondering why you were putting coffee in the fridge?