Masters Running

Weekly Weigh-In Ending 9/14/2014 (Read 18 times)

BlazinCajun

This is the place to commit to and encourage others in support of their weigh loss/gain goals. We all are going through fitness of various cycles which are directly related to phase of training, life's commitments, injury, and just starting the running thing. All are welcome to sign up for this ongoing thread. Just state your weight goal and once a week status. Some folks are already where they want to be and are just trying to maintain. Try to  be consistent when you conduct your weekly weigh-in. Any day of the week is fine - some folks use a particular scale.

Remember to list your weekly loss/gain and calculate your Total over/under towards Goal Weight Loss

Have a burning calorie week. Andrew

Last Week: Weekly Weigh-In 8/7/2014 - Group over-all lost more weight last week than the week before. Congrats to those trying to stay fit and moderate their weight - CHEERS!

Name

Goal Weight lbs. (date)  

Weekly loss/gain 

Total

over/under 

Awards/Demerits

BlazinCajun -9.0 (08/17) -0.5 -1.5  Back on track
    BTY -8.2 (08/17)  0.0 +2.0

Holding Steady

C-R -6.0 (08/24)    +1.0  Travel?
    dg. -7.0 (08/24    0.0 Out of Service
    fatozzig  0.0 (08/17) 0.0 +2.0  Still in your zone - these things are uncomfortable
    Holly S. -5.0 (08/17) 0.0 - 1.0 Holding Steady
    Ileneforward -7.0 (08/17)  -1.5 -1.5 Way to go - Most weight lost
    KellyDodge -14 (08/17)  -1.0 0.0 Making a comeback

Tip of the Week

LESS MASS MAKES YOU FAST:

A ten-pound weight loss saves...*
    ...A RUNNER 2:10 in a 10K race
    ...A CYCLIST 0:51 on a 3.1-mile, 7-percent-grade hill climb
    ...A HIKER 5:00 on a 6.2-mile, 7-percent-grade hill climb

*Based on a moderately fit 170-pound person

Andrew
    ------------------
    God, my Lord, is my strength;
    he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
    and enables me to go upon the heights.
    Hb 3:19

BTY

Down a pound this week but still up one pound overall. On the bright side, I'm the same weight as I was 23 years ago preparing for our November wedding. Come to think of it, I was hoping to lose 10 pounds by November back then, too. Smile

So my weekly loss is 1.0 but overall I'm up 1.0.

Long runs during late September and all of October will no doubt get my weight close to goal w/o too much dietary modification. Just have to stay healthy/injury free

C-R

let the fluctuations begin

or oscillations

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Continue to hold in the zone at 142.2.  Considering how bloated I was last night when I went to bed, I'm very happy with my weigh-in this a.m.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

I am down 1/2 lb this week, which is 1.5 lbs since first weigh in. I am okay with that, though - it is always hard to lose weight the week I run a marathon, with the extra eating before and after the race.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

BlazinCajun

Great job Brian! C-R and Holly also dropping and Leslie still leveling out. Went back and looked at my start week weight and corrected my goal weight from 9.0 lbs to 8.5 lbs. Bad math. Also, re-adjusted my Total over/under. Weighed in today: Down to 159 lbs. five more pounds to go

Weekly loss/gain -2.5 lbs

Total over/under -3.5 lbs

Still looking for dg, Ilene, and KellyDodge to come and play and finish the week strong.

Andrew
              ------------------

#artbydmcbride

Ileneforward: weigh loss for this week +1,-1  net loss 0

Runners run

Just a dude.

This week, down 1.

13 to go to target.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Is it too late to join your group? I'd like to drop 4 or 5 and need some extra motivation. Starting at 119 and hoping to get down to 114 or 115.

BlazinCajun

Is it too late to join your group? I'd like to drop 4 or 5 and need some extra motivation. Starting at 119 and hoping to get down to 114 or 115.

Jlynne, It is never too late - this is an ongoing thread, folks will come in and leave when they wish. To get started, state your goal whether to lose or gain in pounds then each week on a consistent basis list your weekly lose/gain amount in pounds then list your current total over/under. Should have this weeks up this evening. Congratulations on your commitment to running and health.

Andrew
                      ------------------