Masters Running

Wednesday, December 11 Winter Runs (Read 39 times)

C-R

Drive by post from waiting room (no run for me today). All is well. Thanks for the thoughts. Likely going home tomorrow evening.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

My best wishes to you and your DW Norm. Hope all went well.

Not much time today, so hello everyone. And remember Santa's got a list and he's checking it twice so y'all better be good.  5 miles on the track at the Y this morning due to yet another day of below zero wind chill. Too stinkin' crowded again today. Wish Santa would bring a treadmill....

C-R glad all is well and you are heading home.

I have been super busy this week.  I have to get packed soon since my DW and I leave for Charleston SC tomorrow for the Kiawah Island marathon this Saturday.  As to running, none for me today.  Hopefully, 4 miles are on tap for tomorrow.  Where and when has still to be worked out, I fear I might need an if in there.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

TomWhite makes me smile

...Greetings

from

this Frozen Hell we used to call TheSouth...

Today was hills - you know ... as in hillwork. What goes up must come down and all that. Yeah - hills.

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Mike E

MM #5615

Hey--good luck on Saturday, Twocat!

I did 6 on the treadmill, tonight.

C-R--I'm keeping your DW and your family in my prayers.

The day after tomorrow, I have to suffer through 2 takeoffs and 2 landings...on FRIDAY THE 13TH!!!!!!!  Have I ever told you how much I hate flying?

Okay--I gotta go.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hey--good luck on Saturday, Twocat!

I did 6 on the treadmill, tonight.

C-R--I'm keeping your DW and your family in my prayers.

The day after tomorrow, I have to suffer through 2 takeoffs and 2 landings...on FRIDAY THE 13TH!!!!!!!  Have I ever told you how much I hate flying?

Okay--I gotta go.

Mike E

MM #5615

What the heck?  How did it post twice?  Sorry...

((((((C-R and DW))))))---holding lots of good thoughts for you.

Good Luck Twocat!

wildchild

Carolyn

Hey Mike - I just remembered - I was going to share my secret to safe takeoffs with you when we flew to Seattle in July for the Tunnel marathon, but since we didn't end up sitting together on the flights, I never did.  So here you go ---  here's what we did with Kira when she was little:  we flapped our arms as the plane was taxiing down the runway, to help with takeoff!   Nowadays I just flap my fingers so it's not so obvious, but it's worked for every flight so far!  

You're welcome.    And good luck at the marathon this weekend!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

lamerunner

I love the arm flapping!!!!

Mike, good luck with the marathon, and the flying.

Norm, I hope the surgery was successful..