Masters Running

Sunday Dec 23rd Runs and Stuff (Read 621 times)

bap

Warmer weather (52) with rain today. Nice 3.2 mile recovery run making 26.7 for the week. Mon - 5 miles @ 8:30 pace Wed - 6 miles 9:30 pace inc hill repeats Thu - 7.2 miles @ 9:00 pace Sat - 5.3 miles @ 8:56 pace Sun - 3.2 miles @ 10:06 pace Good runs everyone!

Certified Running Coach
    Crocked since 2013

pfriese

yup, beautiful morning for a run. Just like Tim, I overdressed a bit. Once around the lake plus a bit more for a total of 11.1 miles @ a nice 9:05/mile pace. Paul
        4 miles on the treadmill at 9:15 pace. Then 3 miles on the elliptical. Holly, I'm not going to be able to join you next week on the 40/40 thread. I said I would try, but the week and a half of rest I've just had has done nothing for my bad left leg. I had really hoped for better things today. Today my left leg was hurting in the first mile and I was only able to tough it out for 4 miles. I think this means I can forget about the 1,000 mile club for next year also. Maybe I'll quit running, spend a lot of time in the gym lifting weights, and go to Boomer meetings and look decorative. Smile Dark Horse
        I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
        stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I'm still deciding which board to post my Jingle-bell RR on. in the meantime, I'll just say that I had a very pleasant warm-up run with the Pro, and he was nice enough to wait for me at the end. 5K in26:18 watch time. it will be interesting to see what the gun time might be, as there was at least a 30 secoond wait to cross the start and quite a backup at the end. fun run. Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Need a sparring partner at the gym DH? I've been doing some boxing drills to further my core strengthening. finally got out for a run today, though I kept it short and slow. Warm to start, but then the temp began to drop perceptibly and the wind became more wintry. Running back through the freezing slop wasn't as much fun as the running out part. Just the way I like it. Anyhoo. 8 miles at an EZPZ 8:40 per mile. January looms, gotta get that mileage up. . . . eeek.
              Wow Tim!! Nice run and talk about a quick transition time!!

GreenMan

Congrats newly anointed taper boys Tim and MC. Bon soir mes amis, I planned on bricking today for the XT benes. But I wasn't making as good a progress as I would have liked on the bike and it looks I'll just bag the running for today. It was only to be a 4 mile recovery run. My bike HR stayed below 75%, some maybe that'll do. The only caffiend I got today was a Mocha Clif Shot jjj
                Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.

Marathon Maniac #957

this is the first time I have been able to do that and not be limping afterwards. Especially with the pain that I was feeling after the MRI. That seems to have vanished. It felt good, so good. Yippee
                  Good for you! Hey - this is what it's really about, in my book - running injury-free and pain-free, and feeling good at the end. Tim - great run today! Dark Horse - you don't actually have to run 40 miles to visit the 40/40 thread. Just come over and "be decorative." Always room for eye-candy. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

evan--just got some more info from BIL. he was in Fairbanks '75 to '84. lived on Chena Pump road, which he said was the low rent district, due to lack of view and more cold. don't know if it's still that way. DW and I visited in '82 and absolutely loved it. We spent 2 weeks there, put 2500 miles on his truck and saw such a tiny little portion of the state Smile hope I can make it back again.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Another very wet run and my peak week before Carlsbad is done. Smile Slow and easy 8.2 with my pal Laura late this a.m. She's such a good friend, tagging along with me on many long runs too and not even marathon training right now. We'll be training for our first 50k soon enough, though. I'll be getting my second round of coffee cup curls in a bit when I head out to do errands. First stop at the Java Bean shop down the road for a cafe mole -- a mocha made with Mexican chocolate instead of the really sweet cocoa. They are addictive. Great running today, masters -- especially predawn's 15 at 5:15 at such a busy time. Impressive to say the least. Ribs, hang in there. PF eventually does go away -- perhaps when you least expect it. At least that was true for me -- after trying everything to get rid of it, one day it was just gone.
                        Nice to see Big Apple Pie. Hope you are on the mend. Liz, congrats on your run. As a lurker in the 50+ thread I know you've been working hard to get back running. 1200 yds in the pool. I finished with 4x100 on 2:00 intervals and they came in 1:30, 1:30, 1:31 and 1:30 (with the pull buoy). Not fast, but I'm no longer the slowest one in the pool. Mark

King of PhotoShop

Soundie, that was just what I needed to hear. Thank you. May I speak for all injured people when I say that it kind of distorts your entire mind? You think all your posts are boring and unworthy (and heck, they probably are) and even though you love your friends, you get so jealous of their fast races and great workouts. That said, I am having some vicarious fun watching some of my favorite runners prepare for key races, Tim V. among them, also KSrunnr (who I am not speaking to), and of course the Sun God from Arizona. Some great RRs coming our way I suspect. BAP, good to see you in here! I thought Joe's feedback to you yesterday was spot-on. Stay healthy in '08. Spareribs
                          SteveP

It's one year ago today I made my first running related post. In my defense.........I plead the 5th amendment protected by the Constipation's Bill of Rights. I used DD#3's hair straightener on my back hair to celibrate. It's good to see more familiar faces...I mean names here. Gray Dave, where was the picture for you avitar taken??? Snow shoe races are coming up soon. SteveP

SteveP

wildchild

Carolyn

The wind finally died down after noon today - I guess it blew east! Holly, sounds like it made it to Ohio, but we didn't send the rain, as it was snowing here. I went out for a cold untimed three miles with my two dogs. Wore yaktrax and ran in the tire tracks up our dirt road in the snow. I just couldn't face another day running round and round on the indoor track, and with less wind it wasn't too bad. 18 degrees, and my face was cold, but the rest of me was warm enough. Dark Horse, we're all glad you're here from B&B - you're so decorative, and funny too! My DD has the flu - DH took her to the doc this morning, and it was confirmed as influenza. She got meds, and is now curled up on the couch having a Harry Potter movie marathon. We got her the most recent HP movie for Christmas, so she's all set for a while. Bummer that she's gonna be sick on Christmas, though.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

dg.

Wildchild, healing vibes for your DD. How old is she? Stevep, happy 1 year anniversary! what a way to celebrate. it's been about a year for me too, I don't know when I first posted. I just looked, & my first log entry was 12/1/06. 20-30 mph winds with horizontal rain. It was fun, I remember. how is your mom? & your brother? Ribs, yes you may speak for all injured people. Mark, I'm glad you're swimming is going so well. Are you using the pull buoy because of your ankle, or just for fun? Liz, congratulations from me too. I've noticed how patient you've been & how hard you've worked. Joey, thanks for noticing. Smile. I didn't know you were from Roanoke. We used to spend a week or 2 there every summer visiting my Aunt & Uncle.