Masters Running

Predictions, anyone? (No, this is NOT a baseball thread!) (Read 383 times)

CNYrunner is headed to the Bay State Marathon in Lowell this weekend. I have a feeling she's going to have a zippy run there. Anyone care to predict her time? I'm thinking 3:17:32 Good luck, Karin! grins, A
    Masters 2000 miles

#artbydmcbride

Wow! Okay I will predict 3:21:35

Runners run

You'all can give up right now. She's going 3:19:51. You heard it here first. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Tramps

Hmmmm...curent PR 3:26:37.....I'll guess a 4-minute PR: 3:22:37

Be safe. Be kind.

dg.

oh, this is fun. based on my vast knowledge & experience.... I have no idea. except that it will be ZIPPY i just popped in to say good luck Karin!!!!!
            HermosaBoy

3:19:42

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Remember that hugging people along the way tends to slow you down. 3:21:24
                stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I cheated and looked, too, Tramps. But I'm going to guess a 7:40 pace for 3:20:52. It looks like pretty close to IRC for Sunday. Good luck Karin!!!

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Do we win fudge??? My wild ass guess is: 3:20:46

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Mary - no fudge, only honor and glory for nailing the correct time! My prediction? Knowing Karin, I'm going to say 3:19:00 flat. She likes to do things in even increments. Run like the wind, Karin!
                        I'm in - 3:19:21 - just so that she can beat my PR! Wink In all seriousness if the weather holds and it is looking real good, I sense a really good run from Karin on a really fast course. I know I'll be keeping tabs...(although I have a grandson's birthday party to go to in the afternoon...she should be done by then). Good Luck Karin...Fly Like The WIND Sorry Jlynne I didn't realize you had said "Run like the wind" already...but what the heck! Hey Mary can we say Ass on this forum? And if we do win fudge, I'll put my order in for PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE right now!! Big grin

Renee the dog

3:18:08

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

OMG!!!!!! Bad enough that I have folded and refolded what I'll plan to wear a bazillion times, hit refresh on the weather forecast page (looks awesome now) about a squillion times, read my training log each night for a month now, insist that I can't walk anywhere much less run, and now fudge is on the line! I haven't had a cookie or a piece of caramel (my favorite) or a potato chip in quite awhile and yelled at Mr. CNYrunner for putting the Halloween Kit Kats on the counter where I could see them! I am deep into taper madness and just love this thread..... Thank you all so much and I'll be hearing your cheers as I trot around Lowell on Sunday. The good luck and speedy wishes mean a great deal to me --even if I am not saying anything about my race target Tongue. and who might have already guessed. Karin
                            wildchild

Carolyn

Good luck, Karin! I'll take 3:21:45.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Top 'O the World!

just to throw in another wild guess (not that I know anything!!) 3:19:41 GOOD LUCK KARIN!!
                                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group