Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X TRAINING GROUP, W/E 05/10/09 (Read 397 times)

Tallies to follow . . . Have a great week! Eliza - Varied workout, including rest days, power shopping, and getting a MEDAL at the Broad Street Run 10-Miler! FrancesRe - Walking, jogging, strolling - and a her very first 5k!! Dutchie - 58.7K running + 10k biking + Upper Bod 1x + Lower Bod 2x + Abs 2x Evryday - A lot of walking as recovery from his OKC Marathon. Erika - 7.7 miles run (all slow), 2 hours pool running, 7.1 miles (1 hr 5 min) elliptical, 4.4 miles walking and over 6.5 hours of yard/lawn work. All that while working out the kinks of a spastic sciatica. dg - walking, some of course. 21.8 miles running, 41:09 min. on the bike, 1 hr. 9 min. on the elliptical, & just 1 hr. 24 minutes of strength training! (Editor's Comment: We need to keep on dg about her strength training. Evil grin ) prfriese - 37.6 running miles. Nice and consistent, as always. fatozzig - 19 running miles; 2 hrs core/strength

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mon - 6 miles ------------------- 6.11 in 59:38 Tues - 3 miles ----------------- 3 miles, 9:14 av pace Wed - Rest --------------------- Done! Thurs - 3 miles ---------------- 3 miles, 9:42 av pace Fri - 3 miles/travel ------------ 2 stinky miles Sat - Travel --------------------- 18.64 miles in 4:15:04 Sun - 30k Redwoood Park Trail Run . Goal: Finish in 4:50 or less. Total: 32.75 running miles

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dutchie42

Hi everyone, Leslie, thanks again for starting us off. Mon .... 3.2K recovery run (about 24 minutes) Tue ..... This morning it was 45 minutes of lifting weights (not too heavy) and a one hour run (8.8K). Wed ...It was cold, it was raining hard, it was windy, I was sleepy and I just couldn't get my butt out the door. I did read in my textbook though. And had three coffees. And I got to work in time for a change Big grin Thu .....Something going on with the nodes in my neck: painful, swollen and I'm not feeling too good. No workouts. Fri ......Another early morning 5.1K run with Jimmy. Legs felt heavy, tight and unwilling. Jimmy made me run though. Good thing he was there Wink Sat .... I let the day get away from me (on purpose). Sun ...21.5K long run on the warmest day to date (19C) with hardly any wind. That felt tough. For Spooky too. Total mileage: 38.6K Bike mileage: 0x UB: 1x Abs: 0x LB: 0x

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

Marathon training, week 1: MONDAY - XT - yoga, strength & stretch stuff from PT & Fitzgerald - 1 hour TUESDAY - school concert; at work 7 am - 9 pm or later; sounds crazy to call it rest, but it's rest from running; survived the madness, now resting with a little Shiraz Smile back to running tomorrow, finally! WEDNESDAY - morning: rear-ended on the way to school; mid-day: hanging in the ER; evening: 1-mile walk to mom's and back to pick up her mail; Grrrrr - no running again today, and it finally stopped raining Angry THURSDAY - ran (finally!) 3.5; walked 2.0; drills and XT FRIDAY - back and shoulder sore and generally worn out; early to bed SATURDAY - ran 3.1 with one hill repeat; need to adjust to the heat Shocked walked 2.0 SUNDAY - ran 5 with two 30-second intervals at some random fast pace (how's that for specificity?); walked 2 Almost made the weekly mileage, but didn't exactly get in all 4 planned runs. Guess it's better to no meet every goal in week 1 than further down the road. Ran 11.6; walked 7.0; XT twice. Thanks, Leslie. Good running, resting, rehabbing, and XT, everyone, Eliz Smile

flomotioncoaching.com

Beginner all over again

Hello Everyone, Thanks for the welcomes and greetings in last week's thread. It's nice to be here. Thanks for taking in a Beginner Smile Sunday --- Finished my First 5K Very Fun race day. And first race means a New PR, right? Monday -- Recovery. From my First 5K (...did I mention I did my First 5K Wink... ) It was real effort on my part for my level of fitness (and lack thereof). Monday Morning ---- walked 6 minutes. Monday Afternoon ----- walked 6 minutes. My calves and quads are sore today. Tuesday --- 30 min walk/jog . Calves really tight from Sunday's Race Wednesday --- Walk-only (No Jog) 1.5 miles........ 26 minutes,........17:00 mile pace Thursday - --Walk-only 20 minutes, Treadmill. First time on a treadmill, felt seasick afterwards...weird. Friday --- Vacation Day for lower legs. Brief mild Arms/Shoulders/Abs at-home exercises. That's it. Saturday--- ..2nd Vacation Day for lower legs. When I give them a vacation, they get better. Imagine that Wink Sunday--- Plan---tempted to give lower legs vacation day #3 and do an easy walk/jog on Monday ???

Thanks Leslie.... Monday.............rest.................... Tuesday...........6miles.............. Wednesday.....6miles.............6miles Thursday..........rest................... Friday................6miles............. Saturday...........rest................... Sunday.............9miles............. Total 6miles....I'd rather not talk about it. Big grin
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
              evanflein

Thanks, Leslie! I've got last week all finished up now. I feel like such a slacker when I'm not running, I think I overcompensate with almost too much XT stuff! (Spastic Sciatica... I like that term. Sounds just right) Monday: Rest Day Tuesday: 30 min. (3.51 miles) Elliptical; .35 mile walking c/d Wednesday: 30 min. (3.59 miles) Elliptical and .3 mile walk at lunch; 30 min. pool running after work Thursday: 30 min. (3.6 miles) Elliptical and .33 mile walking c/d Friday: 50 minutes pool running Saturday: 40 min. (4.4 miles) hard intervals on Elliptical, .5 mile walk c/d, 20 mins upper body weights Sunday: 35 min. (4.6) hard manual intervals on Elliptical, .5 mile walk. Totals: 2 hrs 40 min (19.7 miles) Elliptical, 1 hr 20 min pool running, 2 miles walking, 1x strength training (20 min)
                  Monday-2.5 miles fartleks 10:26 per mile 1st day of grad school, complete Tues-4.25 miles intervals 3 min. on 1 min off, weight lifting 45 minutes, complete Wed- 3 miles after church and class, 3.25 miles in 34:19 thurs. off no running Friday 3.1 miles Saturday 8 miles on back roads Sunday0 miles
                  dg.

Thanks Leslie! good luck Sunday... I tried to look at the link but my pc is too slow. will look later. (erk. buckling down. editor is awake)(quick, make up some stuff) Erika...
                    when I'm not running, I think I overcompensate with almost too much XT stuff!
                    ya think???? Hi Derrick. welcome back! Frances wtg on your first 5K. Glad it went so well. Dutchie, I had 3 coffees too! we could have drafted off each other. Are your boys still running with you? I think now just time to post the schedule, since I finally have one. will fill in later. Monday: rest ------------------------------------------- Actual: tada!!! with about 1/2 hr. pt & core stuff. Tues: 4 miles base pace ----------------------------- 4.09 miles at 9:37, 2 sets l.b. weight machines Wed: dynamic stretching w/u------------------------ forgot to stretch. (really) 4.31 miles, too many hills. pt said do 2 mile w/u recovery pace them slowly. or do a little flat fast. dummy me tried to push the 2x30 sec. hill reps relaxed sprint speed hills little. so hard to think i can't. Angry. 15 min. assorted s.t. 2 mile c/d Thurs: 4 miles or 20-30 min. non impact cardio----- 30 min. elliptical, 23 min. bike, 2 sets lower body weights, resistance workout stab. ball stuff, lat pulldowns Fri: d.stretch. w/u----------------------------------------- 4.12 miles, 9:29 ave. pace. 2x30 sec. at ?. 7:10 was the max 4 miles base pace, fartlek run (2) recorded. first day w/new HRM. it is so cool! then 25 min of assorted upper body weight machines, back lifts, rows,etc. Sat: 4 miles base pace-------------------------------- 4.1 or so, 9:23 pace I think. little 5k. cherry picked again. did 20 min or so mixed strength training in the evening, michael yessis stuff & pt. the sticked & stretched. Sun: 5 miles base pace---------------------------- 6.8 miles, 9:42 pace. 20+ minutes mix of verstegen prehab, pt & callanetics a little while ago. then again used the stick & stretched lightly. will take ice to bed. it's helping. what a mess this was! it would lay out one way as I typed it, but came out as mush when it posted. oh well. totals: n(x) walking, 23.4 miles running, 25;29 minutes on the bike, 33.01 on the elliptical, 3 hrs. 2 min. strength training. (editor, please be sure you don't miss those seconds. Roll eyes ) so eliz, on to week 2. Smile (((((((erika)))))))
                    pfriese

M - 8.1 miles T - 8.2 miles W - 8 miles Th - 7 miles F - rest Sa - 7.8 miles Su - 8.1 miles ____________________________ Total - 47.2 miles - done Paul
                      dg.

Thanks Leslie.... Monday.............rest.................... Tuesday...........6miles.............. Wednesday.....6miles.............6miles Thursday..........rest................... Friday................6miles............. Saturday...........rest................... Sunday.............9miles............. Total 6miles....I'd rather not talk about it. Big grin
                        so, evryday..... let's chat.