Masters Running

3.22.13 Friday (Hooray!) Daily (Read 39 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Marj and Henry have, what I consider, such a idyllic life. Happy, in love, healthy, able to travel and really soak up the atmosphere of whereever they go.  Enjoy!

I agree!

Home again at last!  These conferences are tiring, but I always come away with valuable (and kind of exciting to me) knowledge.  I am glad my boss springs for it.  No time to post, though.  DH and I had another one of those "all you do is run" fights a couple days ago, and since I have a 30-mile weekend planned, I'd better do some housework and stuff....Wink

Another snowstorm forecast for Sunday, but hopefully after my run.  I know that Spring weather will be here soon, though....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Maniac 505

Just wanted to add to Marj's congrats.   I'm about 2.5 years behind you and it won't get here quick enough.

maybe Ave of the giants for a 2014 get together?

Dave

Mike E

MM #5615

DH and I had another one of those "all you do is run" fights a couple days ago

Yep--that's all you do.  Oh, and maybe clean the house...and make all the meals...and wash the dishes...and do the laundry...and go to all the kids' activities...and go to work every day...and go to conferences...oops...sorry...I'll go back to minding my own business.

No run for me, today...just weights, burpees, planks, and stretches.

The company I work for is discontinuing our medical insurance.  They are having us all find our own insurance and then reimbursing us for half of it.  So, I'm not sure if I should find the most expensive--with the most benefits for me plan--so they have to pay more, or find the least expensive--which would basically cover catastrophic events--and let them get by with paying less.  Sadly...even with only having to pay half--the least expensive plan will be all I can afford.  So, not only am I making less than half as much as I was 2 years ago, I'll be paying about 3 times as much for health insurance.  Have I ever mentioned how much I hate this new job of mine?

Sorry--there I go again.  I'll get out of here and leave you people alone.  I think I'll go have a couple beers...oh, wait...I'm "on call" this week...

By the way...good luck to everybody racing this weekend!  Let's see..who would that be...hold on a second...

03/23 C-R - Sam Costa HM Carmel IN 1:30

03/23 Ileneforward - El Segundo Run for Educ 5k, CA

03/23 OrangeMat - Sleepy Hollow Half Marathon, Sleepy Hollow, NY

03/23 tetsujin - Green Lake Dizzy Daze 12 Hour (trail run - Seattle) - thongs

03/23 Opie - Wings to Fly 15k, El Reno, OK

03/24 Stumpy77 - Westfield Boys and Girls Club Half, Westfiled MA

03/24 tetsujin - Mercer Island Half Mary (Seattle) - barefoot

Yep--there they are--good luck!

Marathon Maniac #957

Mike - that really stinks!  I hope you are still aggressively looking for another job.  There's got to be something out there for  you that is better than this one.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."