Masters Running

Saturday 7/27 Daily (Read 35 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Dr. Tom - though my knees can’t handle the two six-mile+ quad-smashing descents off from Corral Pass and Suntop Mountain in today’s beloved and famed White River 50-mile Endurance Race every end-of-July I was reminiscing over all day long, my heart lept up when I found out the old Torchlight 12K (7.45mi) through downtown Seattle had become the Michebob Ultra Torchlight Run but it turned out to be the same old 12K under a new name. Oh well.  You know, I thought my running days were over when my right knee got old on me in 2009 but, thanks to your sage advice on abbreviating strides even if to a pretty much non-running comfort zone, I had a blast pretending I was running it in 40 minutes like in those days anyway.  Thanks.  ps - let's hold off on a resupply of the purple pills for a while.  
    7/27  tetsujin - Michebob Ultra 12K (57:15 - 11:31m/m) - 5/9 in my new AG (1274/1514 OA) / yippee.

rhoon - did you get a chance for the King Salmon Marathon?

I think it's on a very dusty road between KS and Naknek.

(or were you counting yogi's?).

divechief - never thought for a 300' freezer-factory trawler that never goes anywhere beyond the Bering Sea being anything other than a trawler.  Since it's big, is it a vessel or, maybe like the ferry, since it sticks around on the this side of the ocean, just another fishing boat?

ps - .was that the Wenatchee we saw around 7:10 pm on the way up the Alaskan Way Viaduct?

Missed you in your first favorite run.  Tammy's too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Maniac 505

Tet:

That was indeed the Wenatchee and I was under the car deck driving.

As I said before, you can call it anything you want.  Twocat is going to call it a car.  That's fine, it's a free country,  but people will look at him funny  Confused

off to bed now.  glad you had a good run.

divechief - never thought for a 300' freezer-factory trawler that never goes anywhere beyond the Bering Sea being anything other than a trawler.  Since it's big, is it a vessel or, maybe like the ferry, since it sticks around on the this side of the ocean, just another fishing boat?

ps - .was that the Wenatchee we saw around 7:10 pm on the way up the Alaskan Way Viaduct?

Missed you in your first favorite run.  Tammy's too.

...tet//........Good Running......

...............as soon

as I can actually Run two steps in a row, I'll lay some SageAdvise on ya

Best I got is-

CrossTrain

with PoolRunning,

you

may be forced

to look at wimmin in skimpy bathing suits,

but

other than that, I think you'll enjoy it.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....