Masters Running

October Masters Miles Awards (Read 368 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

“Running to him was real; the way he did it the realest thing he knew. It was all joy and woe, hard as a diamond; it made him weary behond comprehension. But it also made him free.”
    ― John L. Parker Jr.

Happy Halloween!  Time to post your October miles, and any PRs and AG awards!   Hope everyone had a good month.  Awards given as usual for most miles, fewest miles, average, median, prime numbers, cool totals, and anything else award-worthy!

Happy trails!

Carolyn

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Dave59

Thanks Wild.  Guess I'll jump in here first.  Fighting on again off again stomach pain kept my miles down from where I was planning:

77.62 for the month.

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Only 58.5 miles for me but I did run my first marathon.  Started to run too early after marathon and strained my knee so sort of re-habbing before running club's annual winter series. 

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

TammyinGP

I'm done for the month so I guess I'm ready to contribute my miles and bring down the average.

Only 57.3 miles for me.

I think the only noteworthy thing that happened was I became member #3011 of the half fanatics but it was my two half marathons, six days apart, at the end of September that qualified me for that.

Tammy

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

you want to talk bringing down the average?  try 24.4 miles for the month.  This month flew by, but the startup that I've been part of has been largely successful, if not quite done, and I sincerely hope to start ramping up a little.  of course, since i'm 170 miles off my 621 mile goal, it's not looking real likely.  Roll eyes

Thanks, Carolyn.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Thanks Carolyn!

Oct = 131

YTD = 1330.6

10k PR (by 1 second!)

an amazing likeness

Oct = 180.3 miles

ytd =  1,870

(The only thing I can think of for those #s is, with a little rounding down, I ran the sum of the angles in a triangle...)

Day after hurricane Sandy photo from the nearby shore...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

October miles= 113.3

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Thanks again, Carolyn!

October = 170.6 miles

YTD = 2054

PR in marathon (Steamtown, 3:30:13) -- woohoo!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

165 miles and a marathon PR this month, 4:08:40!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

MM #7877

139 miles. Miles down to sinus and chest cold. Will just have to rebound in November.

Philippians 4:13.

evanflein

81.3 miles for me this month. I think that's the lowest since January, but I didn't check.... 

105 miles for Nov

977 miles for the year to date

Thanks, wild

TomS

coastwalker

Hi Carolyn - Thanks again for doing this, and for another great photo. And thanks to Mikltruck for a great photo too!

115.1 racewalking miles for Oct. 1st place racewalker, WMM Half Marathon, and a PR at this race.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

105 miles for Nov

977 miles for the year to date

Thanks, wild

TomS

Tom--I know the year is going by quickly, but I didn't think I missed a whole month.  Wink  Or are you psyic and know how much you'll do?  One way or another, though, you'll nail that 1000mile barrier.  Sure wish I could say that--I'd be thrilled with 1000K.  Sad

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.