Masters Running

Sunday...........is Bbbbbbrrrrrr a word?? (Read 400 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Abs yes, but I'm seeing a lot of ribs in that picture. Lookin' awful skinny there, Timbo. Maybe you need to put a few pounds back on. 

After looking at my picture again, I don't think I'm that skinny.....but look toned more than anything. But I do weigh about 20 pound less than I did in high school....not many I know can say that Smile  I will admit tho, that I got carried away losing weight this time, getting my body back (that sounds like something a woman would say - lol) after my back surgery and recovering from that. I got down to 139 once......now THAT was too skinny for me. I think that was because of my broken heart and not eating - I quit running for a while too. Wimmins  Roll eyes

LOL, I thought you were saying you see a lot of Ribs in me (our RA Ribs) when I read that....took me a second to get it. (like you we're comparing us) I don't think I'm too skinny (am I?),  147 / 148  is about an ideal running weight for me....I'm actually eating very well, and ate a whole large pizza last night - all by my lonesome Smile  One thing I'm finding out "again"....is most wimmin don't like skinny guys - I've been shot down twice since Donna, and both gals were up front saying they don't desire skinny men, but rather big dudes (and these women where slim themselves?)

But I do like the way I look, and at at 53 years old.....I'm more proud than anything, because I had the determination to lose well over 100 pounds, and it's super easy keeping it off - hate it when people lose a bunch of weight, then gain it all back - sad. The photo I took and added to my profile here like I mentioned........just one day after I took a shower I looked in the mirror and thought dang, you look different. Never realized all my ab work was actually doing anything for me. It's easy too, just mainly get on the floor and do my planks and sit ups during commercial breaks....great way to fit that in

Speaking of which, I've witnessed some great weight loss success stories lately. I do post some of my runs on face book, and have posted my before photo of when I was a butter ball Big grin   I was. But I've had so many people send me PM's asking me questions about how they can get fit and healthy too. I'm thrilled to respond and give them advise, and many have lost weight and started working out - some even running now. This one gal that I graduated with really let herself go....very attractive girl in high school. She messaged me probably around a year ago asking for some suggestions to lose weight and exercise. She's lost around 100 pounds to date, and is running now and is signed up for a 5K this spring. She was frustrated with running at first being out of breath all the time, and I gave her a walk / run workout to do, and now she can run 3 miles straight without walking, and working up to 5 miles - good for her and she looks wonderful

And then going to Thanksgiving at my brother Steve's house. They obviously know about my weight loss and how much I run....and year after year they say they wanted to lose weight and take better care of themselves. Well....my brother Steve lost 26 pounds - his wife Judy lost 24 pounds - my niece April lost 52 pounds and now runs (she looks stunning) - my niece Joni lost 45 pounds (and looks stunning as well). We don't see each other like we should, so the difference really stood out to me......they were so excited for me to see them, and wanted me to be proud of them. I was.....now my other brother Jeff and his wife swears their going to jump on he bandwagon now and lose their undesired weight.

I love helping people, and it helps that I I've been there, done that....got the shirt - lots of them Smile

Funny story I'm going to tell.....really funny to me. Most of you will remember Donna, the woman I really fell deeply in love with, then she suddenly ended things with me and totally broke my heart - sucked all the life out of me almost. Well.....I've been on this one "free" dating site before....Donna too. Well, recently I set up a very quick new profile and didn't even add a profile picture yet....I was just going to finish it later. But I added a few things about myself, which included being a "runner". Ok peeps..........guess who sent me a message there ? My Donna did, having no idea it's really me - the Tim she threw away like yesterdays trash. We've been corresponding back and forth and guess what ? We have a first date planned...she asked me BTW. Ok RA peeps........do I dare go meet her and shock the heck out of her, or not ? Oh my, the possibilities with THAT - LOL

Been interesting chatting with her....but she's not said anything bad about me - to me - not knowing it's really me

Oh my.....if I were a mean spirited person, I could really mess with her. But that's not me....I still love the woman, but over her. She even emailed me last Wednesday that she has a new man now, and he's moving in with her this weekend. Wonder why she felt the need to tell me that ? At the dating site I asked her if she's really single - she said yes. But here I am with "her" wanting to meet me, not knowing it's reallyvme she wants to meet. Ya see..... I can make her feel good even with her not thinking it's me, because I really know her well, and I know what she wants to hear, or not.

I'm innocent....I was only there minding my own business, she messaged me. But fun chatting with her.....could you imagine the look on her face, if we were to meet - priceless !

Oh BTW everyone.......I'm still a chatty box Smile 

Oh yeah too....I had a nice 8 mile run this morning - 68.7 miles for the week. Nice to be all healed up, and nothing hurts.....and still have my "goofy" sense of humor.

OK....time to make dinner - 2 huge grilled thick cut pork chops, cheesy / garlic mashed potatoes, grilled sweet corn that I've saved in the freezer from our farmers market. See Jlynne....I eat well Wink  

TimBo 

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Holly, I was glad to hear your leg was better today.  bike, good luck with dealing with your job and possibly finding another one.  Jay, nice half.  CNY, "hi", glad to hear from you.  Also, good job on the half.

Nice long runs for fatozzig, Mike, bike, ribs (with spare tire), and Bertha.

This morning, it was about 30°, it was windy, and there had been a little snow overnight.  I plodded through 3 miles at an 11:27 pace.  We said goodby to all my sibs and are now back home after a fantastic several days.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

TammyinGP

After looking at my picture again, I don't think I'm that skinny.....but look toned more than anything.

funny but that's the same thing i said to myself when I dwindled down to about 8% body fat, weighed around 133 (on an almost 5'10" frame), my hip bones and ribs noticeably protruded and my size 2's were starting to get loose on me. . . sometimes our own self-perception is a bit misleading. ..

just sayin'   ; )

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

26.2 Seattle Marathon miles in 6:09:30. 

I think having to wear sun glasses for the first time slowed me down

(except it's one of my faster marathons this year) .

It's the first time since 1990 that my barefoot friend (who moved to Ca about 15 years ago) wasn't here so, instead of running barefoot with him, I wore the straw waraji sandals the Mt. Heian marathon monks wear on their daily 30K+ treks for 1,000 days. Don't worry, I had my Japan 100-Marathon Joyful Running Club jinbei happy coat to match. \

high 30's at the 8:15am start in dense fog but unlike this summer's Seattle Rock'n'Roll Marathon that started raining on the BOP'ers around five hours or so, this t ime the sun came out.  No wonder I love running so much.

Timbo - sounds like you're in great runnin' shape. Fortunately my dial-up doesn't get it the image.  I'd be happy to lend you 8-10 pounds for your dates so you can keep working on getting on Ironman shape, . . . if ever. .  

Total unorganized chaos

whooops, I thought you were talking about your love life.

Ok peeps..........guess who sent me a message there ? My Donna did, having no idea it's really me - the Tim she threw away like yesterdays trash. We've been corresponding back and forth and guess what ? We have a first date planned...she asked me BTW. Ok RA peeps........do I dare go meet her and shock the heck out of her, or not ? Oh my, the possibilities with THAT - LOL

I'd rather see the look on your face after she slugs you.

Better fess up before it's too late.

Just tell her, "I was hopin', hopin', . . sorry."

Hot chocolate 5k next weekend

Holiday 1/2 in CA where I hope to see Ilene on 12/9)

sounds like fun. The Hot Chocolate's comin' to Seattle on March 3 with nice, light, warm looking hooded sweatshirt i wish I had today. No ilene here though. lucky.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

26.2 Seattle Marathon miles in 6:09:30. 

I think having to wear sun glasses for the first time slowed me down (except it's one of my faster marathons this year) .

high 30's at the 8:15am start in dense fog but unlike this summer's Seattle Rock'n'Roll Marathon that started raining on the BOP'ers around five hours or so, this time the sun came out.  No wonder I love running so much.

Cool.  Wow taper boy, you definitely are getting faster. I was thinking of you running in perfect weather conditions today (45F and sunny).

Boy I was so tempted to stay in Seattle and run the marathon today, but family matters brought us back to Omak yesterday.

I wish I have the time or the energy to give some shout outs today, but I am too tired and it is now time to cook dinner for the family. However, I do want to say how great it is to see our speedy Karin aka CNYrunner  and Timbo back here.

Twocat, will try this tip in a few minutes. Will this tip be on  your All recipes link? Wink.

Today was 21 miler for me under perfect running weather, 45F, no wind and sunny. Last long run in preparation for my  second "solo" marathon in Quiindy, Paraguay next month. 55 miles total for the week, no wonder why I am so tired Smile

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Tim--what Tet said.  Other than that, I'm speechless.

Just under a 10K this morning.  6.15 miles in 59:26 with a nice crispy 33°.  No loose dogs today, but a nice negative split after a middle section that was a little slow.

Tom--glad you had such a nice, long Thanksgiving.

2Cat--a couple of links for you.  Light Zapper and Light Tester.  I think they;re available other than online, but at least you can see better what they're about.  The zapper seems like a rip-off, but I think I've had close to 90% success with it.

Jim L--great to see you back in the daily.  To paraphrase an old saying " a bad day of running is better than a good day at work."

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

I'm a long way away but, Tet mentioned The Light at The End of The Tunnel Marathon...hmmm...I'd have to really start cranking up the mileage...hmmm...Boston Qualifier you say...hmmmm

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                Mike E

MM #5615

No run for me, today, but it was really nice to see Tim, Karin, and Jim L posting on here, again. 

Congtatulations Tet!

Oh--Tim--just my opinion, but tell Donna who you are.  I've never been one to play games with people.  Like I said, that's just my opinion.

Okay--time for bed.  I've enjoyed these 4 days off but it's time to get ready for a full week.  See ya!

Mariposai

I'm a long way away but, Tet mentioned The Light at The End of The Tunnel Marathon...hmmm...I'd have to really start cranking up the mileage...hmmm...Boston Qualifier you say...hmmmm

Yes!!! and a Posie family reunion!!!

Are you in???

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard