Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X TRAINING GROUP, W/E 03/22/09 (Read 412 times)

Woops! Sorry for the late start! Didn't get on the computer at all yesterday (03/15). Will get the tallies to ya later. Ev - Thanks for picking this up after this week. And speaking of Ev - - - Ev - 24 running miles. Hopefully fully healthy with the shins, and gearing up for that marathon! Eliz - 16.1 running miles + 3 walking miles + 1 core day + random stretching. And yes, Eliz! You can actually run Broad Street! Dutchie - 35/21.75 running kilometers/miles + 1 upper body workout + cross training w/shelve cleaning. It all counts! Hope the neck is feeling better soon. pfriese - 38.2 running miles. Getting back into the game quite nicely! dg - 18 running miles + 35 pool running minutes + 20:18 biking minutes + 10 breaststroke minutes (does that sound weird to anyone else?? Tongue ) + 2 weight lifting hours + 16:01 elliptical minutes. Once again, a fantastic array of workouts! nowor - 17 running miles + "gym stuff." Welcome back! fatozzig - 22.55 running miles + 30 biking minutes

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Thanks fatozzig, you're welcome. Enjoy your trip. Mon.....rest........rest Tues...6miles.......6miles Wed...9miles........9miles of overholser Thurs..rest.............rest Frid....6miles.........6miles Sat....rest.........rest (actually shopped with mrsday all day....oh my aching feet! Smile ) Sun...18miles........19miles Total....40miles
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
      Dutchie42

Hi everyone, thanks Leslie. And in case I forget later, have a wonderful vacation with the aussies Cool Mon -> chest/shoulders/biceps (62 minutes) and 18 minutes of ab work. Tough! Tue -> 10K easy run, well not so easy cause the first 7000 meters were a real struggle. After that, it was smooth running Confused Finished with a 23 minute LB w/o. Almost forgot: 13K bike commute. Wed ->12K progressive run on the TM. Of which I ran the first 10K in 59:52 minutes First time I ever ran a sub 60 minute 10K. It was a really hard run! Thu -> nothing to report Fri -> 5K easy run to make up for yesterday's missed run, plus 40 min. LB w/o and a 13K bike commute. Sat -> Instead of exercising early I postponed my running to the afternoon because I had an 8AM appointment. But a 20 min car drive from Amsterdam back home turned into a 2.5 hour nightmare. They were repairing a bridge and traffic was absolutely horrific. By the time I got home, there was no way I could put a run in. ARGhhhhh. Sun -> I almost killed myself today trying to PR on the 10K. I didn't die, but I did PR: 28 sept - 10K - 1:05:50 gross 22 March - 10 K - 58:04, my net time would be like 15 seconds or so faster Passed 3 runners in the last 50 meters before the finish. They didn't expect it Wink Guess all the hard work since 1 January paid off Clowning around Total mileage: 37K UB: 1x LB: 2x Abs: 1x Bike mileage: 26K

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

Thanks, Leslie, and bon voyage! Monday - 45 minutes of weights/core during "House" Tuesday - ran 2.5 (with no walk breaks; take that, Galloway); walked 1.0 - beautiful spring-like evening Wednesday - had a piece of equipment fall on my knee at school today, and it's turning into an enormous and painful bruise - Shocked- BEFORE I even registered for the stupid 10-miler; only exercise was putting on and taking off the ice pack; grrrrrr; hoping to at least walk tomorrow Thursday - tested the knee with 2.0 miles running and 1.0 walking; felt better during the run than it did all day, but the ice pack is going to be my best friend for the rest of the evening Friday - travel day; a little more icing and lots of p.m. stretching to loosen the glute that I pulled on Thursday by favoring the knee - oy! Saturday - ran 3.1 and walked 1.0 - fun with the wind at my back; not so fun on the turn around; knee was definitely ready for some ice when I finished Sunday - ran 5.0 and walked 1.0 in a ridiculous sea breeze on the boardwalk; knee feels greta, but will stretch and ice liberally this evening Summary - ran 12.6; walked 4.0; did strength 1x; not near my weekly goal, but after watching my kneecap miss being smashed in two by less than an inch, I'm grateful that it's healing so well Eliz CoolCoolCool

flomotioncoaching.com

pfriese

I'll be flying to Seattle on Saturday to babysit grandsons next week. Son-in-law would like to run Mercer Island Half, so I may run it with him. M - 8 miles - done T - yard work - done W - 8 miles - done Th - 8 miles - done F - 6 miles - done Sa - travel - done Su - 9.4 miles - done (no half-marathon) __________________________________________________ __ Total - 39.4 miles - Done Paul
              I'm a mess this week. Roll eyes Mon - Rest Tues - 4.15 miles, 10:03 ap Wed - 30 min stationary bike, 30+ min strength/minimal core Thurs - 5 miles w/10 hill repeats, 11:04 ap Fri - Sat - Sun - Zipping my way to Australia!!

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

dg.

Hi everyone! Leslie, have a great time. a mess? you? nah. Erika... safe travels & hope you find some time to enjoy yourself. Dutchie, how's your neck? still not sure if I should make a plan. they make me do stoopid things. Monday:..... 1 hr. 10 min. mix of verstegen's prehab, injured runner dvd, & pt exercises. Tuesday:.... .8 mile walk, 4.49 mile run, (10:11 pace- might have been better, would like to think so. but can't be sure I just hit the buttons wrong. ) 16 min. elliptical, 30 min. assorted weight machines, stab. ball reverse crunches, side planks, russian twists. I've been not getting to those.. have noticed a difference. The russian twists I especially recommend. (a difference. e.g. the first time today, I fell right off of the ball. Black eye Embarrassed) Wednesday: 3 mile run, 9:56 pace, 15 min. on the bike, 26 min. on the octane elliptical, 15 min. upper body stuff.. back lifts, pushups, pullups (yikes i'm weak, haven't been doing those either) rows, deadlifts, etc. Thurday; just some pt stuff. cleaned house. need to do more of that. Friday; 4,48 mile run, 9:45 pace, 25 min. on the elliptical, 25 min. lower body weight machines, front planks, stab. ball side planks, reverse crunches, russian twists. didn't fall. hammies s/i whatever progressing i think. Sat: 1/2 hour ish of pt stuff Sun: 7.71 mile run, 10.16 pace, 35-40 minutes assorted weight machines, side planks, reverse crunches, rows, deadlifts, 2 sets of everything. or close. 30-35 min pool running, 10 min. breast stroke. nowor... nice to see you back ! good question. first inclination... sometimes. Confused wonder where in the world is leslie. totals: 19.7 miles running, uncharted walking, 15.06 min. bike, 40 min. swim/pool run, 3 hr. 15 min strength training, 1 hr. 7 min. 25 sec ( :rollSmile on the elliptical.
                evanflein

Thanks, Deb. I thought for sure I'd started a post on here last week before I left... but maybe not. I did run 49.4 miles, mountain bike about 10.5 (down to Hoover Dam) and walked 3.6 miles (that I measured). Not counting the miles covered in a plane... This week, the traveling continues. I'm in San Francisco for a week-long convention and wow is there a lot of stuff going on here. So far, managing to get my runs in though. Monday: 2.5 recovery paced miles on TM, .5 mile walk c/d Tuesday: 9.5 miles along the waterfront, easy pace, stopping a lot to look around Wednesday: 10.2 miles, again along the waterfront but went farther before turning around, 8:30 avg pace Thursday: 5.8 miles easy pace Friday: 3.35 miles recovery pace, half mile walk, then about 20 minutes of upper body weights Saturday: 7.04 miles on the treadmill, .66 mile walk Sunday: 20.3 miles, 8:24 avg pace, walked a bit for cooldown but not much Totals: 58.7 miles running, a PR week for me! one time on the weights (not enough!), and lots of walking, both measured and all over San Francisco conference and airport.
                  Dutchie42

Dutchie, how's your neck?
                    It's better, but still not good. I'm looking for a chiropractor. And now the inside of my L-foot is painful: the arch close to the heel. It seems OK during the day, but late afternoon it starts to hurt. I've noticed something ever since I used that customised insole that caused problems on the outside of my foot, but it seems to get worse lately. I'm thinking of banking the June marathon and scale down my running. I've been getting one injury after another.

Dutchie
                    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Erika - I went back to make sure I didn't miss you, but nope, no posts. I was wonderin' what happened to ya! dg - Pre-vacation squirreliness. I just want to get outta here! Dutchie - So sorry things keep going wrong. Maybe a trip to the Bahamas is what you need. Wink Paul - Have fun in Seattle! Hope you don't get snowed on.

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

dg.

Leslie... I can understand that! what will your cats do while you're gone? Dutchie, I agree. You have had way too many things going wrong... just piled on top of each other. Some TLC for yourself sounds like a good idea. Paul... have a great time. good luck if you run the half. Erika.. you have my permission to stay. am I too late? Evryday.... overholser? Eliz, good luck with your knee. I hope it isn't really hurt. what happened?
                          Evryday.... overholser?
                          Lake Olverholser near Oklahoma City. About once a week or more I make it to the big town (OKC) and occasionally will run at the lake area. It's near where I stay.
                          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                          dg.

Leslie... happy zipping!!! evryday, wtg. dutchie, wtg. Smile will fill in my totals & whatever else i've missed tomorrow.
                            nowor

M-7 mi (Windy and raw) T-strength training and core/ball classes W-4.5 oh so hard mi,ugh (IRC) Th-core/ball class AM; yoga PM F-5.5 mi (Windy and cold) Sun-yoga Summary: 17 mi + stuff Question: Do I enjoy running more when I'm fighting the elements?