Masters Running

Ocean Drive 26.2 (Read 378 times)

What nonoruns wrote for the 10 miler, except we finished in Sea Isle City. I like the reflexology for free reference to running over the metal grids on the bridges--I was thinking I'd best be careful and not catch the toe of my shoe in one! The RD got us to the start at 8 for a 9 am start (I took the bus to the start), so I was happy to be able to go forward after shivering in a rather severe side-to-side motion for about an hour. Beautiful course. No sense complaining about the wind along the shore--kinda like running a marathon in Colorado and whining about the altitude! grins, A 3:39:03 47/384 overall 3/92 women 1/12 AG
    Masters 2000 miles
    arf

MM #405

Aamooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooos...you are super collossally AWESOME! Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Congrats on the AG win! Glad you are back at it...are you fully healed? Big hugs for you and Frank...I hope I see you sometime soon. Wink
      evanflein

Yeah Aamos!! That's quite an impressive race there... especially when you had some tender bits not too long ago. Congratulations! (wouldn't this time go in the Best Times in 2008 thread?) (Hi Arf!)

Renee the dog

GREAT JOB, Aamos! This race is always unpredictable with weather. Two years back we had snow the night before, then fairly decent temps race day! Personally, I think it would be OK to complain about the wind yesterday. It was a bit stiff + chilly even for around here. Now I can say I "know" someone who ran really well yesterday!!! CONGRATULATIONS!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

King of PhotoShop

Nice work Aamos, another big win on a tough course. Wish I had known you were doing that one. One of my good friends from my club ran it too. Well done. Spareribs
            jtv

Amy, How'd you enjoy our wind here at the Jersey Shore Smile Great job in the marathon. 3rd OA is fantastic. Too bad I didn't know you were going to be there. I would have stopped by. Because of the wind, I have never done this race in its 10 year history, even though I live only 30 miles away. I did however bike alongside a friend last year - the wind was worse last year. Next time you are in the area, please let me know.
                Aamos, couldn't they have arranged to do the course in reverse so the wind would be behind you the whole way? Heck, I'd even enter one like that. As usual, you are cranking out the good times and collecting more awards. I hope you continue having such a good year!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Aamos, couldn't they have arranged to do the course in reverse so the wind would be behind you the whole way?
                  I agree - then you could sing "On the Way to Cape May" in your head the whole way. On second thought, maybe the wind would be better than that! Awesome job Aamos. Extra congrats on the AG. Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Way to go Aamos, I didn't realize you had been on the mend. Ah, it's all coming back to me now...you don't pick the easy courses either...that's part of your history. You are a strong runner, no doubt about it. Well done.
                    Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
                      Aamos----Whoosh! You are fast and so strong. Nice running and this is the way to run marathons. Nice running! I ran duck style over the bridge grates during my race Sunday---no nice carpeting like in the NYC marathon! I was afraid I was going to go face forward. Congrats on another age group win and for setting a marvelous standard for all of us. CNYrunner
                        Aamos, Congrats on the AG win at this marathon! Sounds like you got out of shivering mode to running mode real fast. Keep getting healthier. John

Marathon Maniac #957

Congratulations on your AG win and another stellar performance!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

#artbydmcbride

Nice work Aamos, another big win on a tough course. Wish I had known you were doing that one. One of my good friends from my club ran it too. Well done. Spareribs
                            Oh sure, he is all flattery to your face! Big grin You should have seen what he posted while you were busy elsewhere! Big grin Great job Amy!

Runners run

Another great one, Aamos. Congrats on your speedy time, 3rd OA woman, and 1st in AG. TomS
                                Well done! Big grin You rock Aamos! Congrats (very nice stats, by the way!)