Masters Running

12.25.15 The Day After The Day After Two Nights Before Christmas (Read 32 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

I hope everyone is having a happy Christmas, or a happy day if you're not celebrating Christmas.

Congrats on your fast 5er, Moebo. I hope you have a great time in NH, but there appears to be some weather coming, so be mindful of it.

So well said, RCG. I will try to follow your example of following LaT's example.

I'm glad you and the fam are having a great time in Mexico, Wildchild. Reaching 2000 for the year will be almost too easy for you!

Good determination to get through the hail squall, Leslie. Good luck with the new running partner tomorrow.

Nice 7-miler, Holly. Enjoy your time with both kids at home.

Nice 5K at the lake, Stumpy. Bummer about the broken skillet. Sounds like DD and friend are having a great trip. Good advice you gave about paying it forward with the gift card.

Nice run, Spacecityrunner. I hope the kayaking was good too.

Good job of picking up on your name being called, Blazin.

Good job of multitasking on the T-mill, Mike. I hope you got the gifts wrapped.

Yep, Holly, some days are, indeed, like that.

I'm glad the Achilles appears to be better, Twocat. Sorry the cold is lingering.

I'm glad you got your Christmas spirits revived, Tet.

I gave myself a gift of sleeping in a bit this morning, and didn't head out till about 5:50, when daylight was beginning to think about poking it's way through the fog. Speaking of poking, I started out pretty pokey this morning, but was able to get in gear after about a mile and a half and went a total of a little over 7 RW miles in shorts in 61F temps.

I hope you each enjoy the gift of a day with family and/or friends, and that you

have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

...mornin jay//..........just wanted to say Thanks to tet for that well put thought about Losing People We Love........

had Christmas with Claire yesterday,

and

taught her how to Spin A Rope>>>>>>>>this may result in our having to buy her a Herd of Cattle,

she is

Really getting into being a CowGirl

==========

...no work-out today,

The South

is getting hit with Western and South (out of The Gulf) Severe Storms

currently

we're watching the woods behind our house fill up with water,

Luckily

I love working out with my Bilge Pump, and we're uphill

OR

I won't need to goto the Y to PoolRun for a while

......................Merry Christmas guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Merry Christmas to my RA family.

LaT, my heart goes out to you and your family. Jay, it sounds like you are having a great trip, including, including your nostalgic walk.  Morebo, nice, speedy, 5.  Wild, congrats on the upcoming 2000 miles for the year.  Mike, nice long run.

This morning, it was about 40 and almost calm at the kids house.  I did 5 miles at an 11:29 pace.

Here's a couple of grandson Christmas pictures.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

spacityrunner

Coastwalker...the kayaking was great!!  An hour out on the lake yesterday and if the weather (mainly the winds) holds off, I should be able to get some kayaking in today.  Loving summer in the winter!

Started my day off with a 3.4 mile run in downtown Hot Springs with some members of our running club.  When I went to sleep last night heavy rains were predicted for this morning.  They did not appear so Santa must of come while I was sleeping.  Good Santa.

I hope Santa has been good to all you this year!

Trails Rock!

Henrun

Just back from a great overnight stay in Newport RI. On the way there we stopped  for a 2 hour run on the East Bay bike trail. Stayed at a premiere resort overnight and found a great Italian restaurant for dinner- one of the few restaurants open. This morning we went for a long walk on the Cliff Walk going past the Newport mansions.

Hope everyone is enjoying family time today and whatever activities make this day enjoyable.

And our thoughts continue to focus on LaT.

This will have to be a fly by.

I did my annual Christmas run, with Remi on Cougar Mountain. There was snow up there, which I wasn't expecting.  5 trial miles, but honestly, I bet I walked half of that.  I haven't run in about a month!!!  Just been adjusting to the new job and longer hours.  The job is going great btw, I am loving the people and the cool office space.  I spent last week at Mr. Blue Eyes' house as my kids were with their Dad.  They will be home any minute now and we can open some gifts.

Hopefully I can catch up around here, and start running more regularly again.

Have a nice holiday everyone!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Sayhey! MM#130

Stumps, that is so swell, the advice you gave DD.  Proud to know you, my friend.

Holly, I usually don't say much about weather here in the winter when y'all are in the freeze, but we have sun, highs in the 80s and the water in the Gulf is about 75 degrees.

Lakes Park this am for 7 miles.

Very grateful for each of you.

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Mike E

MM #5615

Merry Christmas everybody!

We had 17 of our 19 grandkids over today..."fun".

Before they came, though, I went 10 miles with Ryan...FUN!

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Mariposai

Merry Christmas to all.

I am being blessed with the presence of my two sons at home. Posie mama has been cooking and pampering the kids non-stop...yippieee.

6 miles while everyone was taking a nap this afternoon. Lovely sunshine.

I hope each one of you had a blessed day!

Posie.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Over here on the other side of the date line it's already the day after the day that jay said is the day after the day after two nights before Christmas but who cares when TS knows how to make it really feel like Christmas no matter where you are, especially when you're never very far from everyone here. Merry Christmas, . . . again.

ps jay - as I was cruising along at about 6-sec/mile at 37,000 feet to go 5,000 miles in 10hr/32min I was wondering

how many hours/miles of driving was involved in your recent tour down-and-back through the New England states.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Merry Christmas!  A bit late, I know, but I spent the entire day yesterday cooking and eating and spending time with my family.  I just had time for 3 short miles in the morning.  I am wishing you all the best of holiday weekends!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."