Masters Running

Friday, 7.10.15 (Read 37 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Have a great week in Maine, Stumpy, regardless of the weather.

Enjoy the road trip, H&M.

Nice running (again!), Aamos. Good luck with the new Garmin. Yeah, 5Ks are tough. But so is any race distance, although for lotsa different reasons.

Good luck with DDs 'dating game,' BC. Great that you both got to run and talk together.

Keep those smilin' miles coming, Mariposai.

Uh oh - TwoCat got wet!

Holly, what you do for your job is incredible! Add me to the list of those who think your efforts are likely, sadly, under-appreciated.

Evanflein: 4am-6:15 - Get up, feed the cat, get ready and go for my workout, post-workout stretching routine, shower, dress, get coffee going: 6:15-7:00 - Wake up DW, coffee & breakfast and a little quality time with DW. Then I'm out the door by 7 and in the office by about 7:20. What's so hard about that? I hope you raced well last night.

TW - It's always a good idea to put eggs in multiple baskets, but no one ever does that.

Uh oh! I gotta go right now! I'll come back and finish later...  Bye.

(OK - I came back, about 1 1/2 hours later.)

I'm glad you had a glorious run, Slo.

Good luck at the job interview, Hermosaboy. It sounds like you've got a great weekend planned.

6.8 squishy RW miles this morning in 60F temps and a drizzle. All-in-all, it was a good workout, even with (or maybe because of) the wet. We spent last nigh getting ready for our weekend guests, who will arrive this afternoon. We're looking forward to more good time and grilling.

Have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Slo

Hey All,

5.9 glorious miles along our beautiful river front.

Looking forward to a quiet weekend.

HermosaBoy

Howdy everyone!

Rest day from running for me.  Get to go to the unemployment office and then to a job interview.

Busy weekend with a rehearsal and dinner tonight, a wedding day 5k (as part of a 12 mile workout) and a wedding tomorrow.

Let the fun begin.

Have a great Friday all!!!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Dave59

I ran 2.71 this morning.  Didn't want to do anything, but I didn't want to do nothing.  I think this was a good compromise.

No plans for the weekend.  Maybe some yardwork to clean things up a bit.

BlazinCajun

Nice workout Jay - Weekends are for grilling, enjoy

Rob - sounds like a very busy weekend. Enjoy and rest up.

Slo - River fronts and oceans beaches are my favorite places to run. Sounds like you had a great run.

Love it Dave

Didn't want to do anything, but I didn't want to do nothing. 

Enjoyed a slithering fourish miler this morning on gravel road. Have a London Broil going on grill tonight as well.

Have a great weekend. BC

Andrew
            ------------------
            God, my Lord, is my strength;
            he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
            and enables me to go upon the heights.
            Hb 3:19

Dave, where was that 6:32 pace in Charlevoix? And did you roll your eyes like my DW and I did when we heard that the NYSE "glitch" was caused by a "quick fix" applied to an "overnight software upgrade?" And haven't anyone in IT been there?

Wow!! I have been hitting the RA meet-up jackpot lately! Just a couple weeks ago I met Holly, Slo, Amy, SteveP and Dave for the first time (and reunion with TomS). Then, yesterday evening I had an unexpected first meet-up with none other than the elusive Mustang Sally! What happened was that I drove down to a nearby venue to have a reunion and listen to a talk presented by DaveinAA about his Dark Energy Project and the Kuiper Belt. I was secretly hoping that Kate would come along, but I was still pleasantly surprised when she walked in. The talk was excellent (as expected) and afterward we all went out for a beer. What a great group of people this is!

Ran 4 miles this morning in rapidly escalating H&H. I leave tomorrow morning for a week-long bicycle trip in the Amish area of Ohio and will try to check in from time to time. Be good while I'm away!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!

On a quick break (at my  standing keyboard) to say happy Weekends, all.  Me?  Weekend plans?  O yeah,   And I voted, many times.

Good tempo running last night w/ Speedsters and we did NOT get rained out.  Got in 10-take out the warm up mile and it was below 8:30 pace.

Congrats on the sub 7 E.

4 easy ones this am.

Not running related, but Holly, apply for a job with a few of the competing law firms in the area.

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Mariposai

Andrew,  I enjoyed reading about your conversation with your daughter. Both Paul and I always had open talks with our kids as well, still do,  even when they are 26 and 23 now. I hope the running book helps. Smile)).

Good luck Hermosaboy with the job interview.

Erika, nice racing last night. When is your next marathon?

No run today, rest day, but just wanted to ckeck in to see if twocat is still alive after his running shower  yesterday .

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

King of PhotoShop

Thanks Roch.  I thought that Mustang and Daave were a couple, but wasn't sure. Good for them.

Holly, forget my idea. You do way more than I would have imagined.  Ask for more money, twice as much as you think is fair, and see what you get.  People don't get fired for asking for raises.

4.3 miles for the Saint and me at the Park, bright sunny day, but a light breeze and not humid, so it was a pleasant run. Spareribs

Didn't want to do anything, but I didn't want to do nothing.  I think this was a good compromise.

...I'm employing a Different Strategy,

called

TheCarrot or The Stick>>>>>>Pain Level was 8-9 this morning, apre-PoolRun was 3-4

=========

but I digress

.....30-min poolrun, no belt, deep end only, closed fists

.................good running guys..............Good Grilling to Jay........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Happy Friday everyone. Lots going on here today - job interviews, company coming, everyone's planning something on the grill for dinner, and oh yeah - running.

Jay - you have more things accomplished by 6:15 than most people do in a whole day!

Hope the interview went well HermosaBoy - and have fun at the wedding.

I'm sorry about your pain TomW.  8-9 is pretty high. I sure hope you're feeling a little better now.

Speaking of pain, I had a 45 minute TRX session with one of the personal trainers at the Y this morning. Between that and trying to landscape the yard at our new house, my back is screaming "stop the madness!"  We have this horrible clay soil that is impossible to dig up and it's making this whole project very slow and frustrating.  DH and I are celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary tomorrow, so he's taking me out for dinner tonight. I'll be letting someone else do the grilling

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay - you have more things accomplished by 6:15 than most people do in a whole day!

Hope the interview went well HermosaBoy - and have fun at the wedding.

I'm sorry about your pain TomW.  8-9 is pretty high. I sure hope you're feeling a little better now.

+1

Jlynne - Happy Anniversary!

Carolyn - re: Freedom's Run Marathon.  For the Marathon- the course is a mix of road and hard pack trail. First 4 miles are net downhill, next 10 are a long stretch of flat on the crusher surface C & O Canal. Once leaving the Canal the course is very hilly and rolling through Antietam Battlefield. The last 4 miles are flat and gentle downhill. 

I just reserved a room at the hotel at the finish line, but would rather get a cottage with a kitchen, if possible.  But, I need to get a head count.  Have you decided yet?  I am also hoping my friend Tara or Renee may come.  My brother said he is coming, but don't know if he wants to spring for a hotel or camp instead.

6.4 miles for me this morning in 65 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

Erika, I wanted to take the time to answer your question about morning running in yesterday's daily.

You asked:  when running 10, 13, 16 or more miles on a work day before work, what time do you get up? And what time do you go to bed?

I can easy run a 10 to 12 miles before work, more than that it is impossible for me since I start work at 8am, but in order for me to run over 10 miles I have to be very organized and disciplined. To bed by 10pm, I normally have all my running gear, including fuel belt, ready to go the night before.

I normally get up at 5am, go for a run and back to the house no later by 7:15; shower, get dressed and on the road by 7:45. I am blessed that it takes me only 8 minutes to get to work and I am lucky that I can have my bowl of oatmeal once I get to work, ohh and drink my mate tea  also.

I know it is tight schedule and it does not give me much time to play around the house, but then again I am running long only two times a week during work days, the long runs I do on Saturdays.

Roch, lucky boy you are to have met with Mustang Sally and dAAve. 

Hi La Tortuga, just wanted to send you a big Mariposai hug

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

HermosaBoy

Just checking in before the rehearsal dinner.

Well, I THINK the interview went well.  Fingers crossed.

DaveinAA -- that is a name out of the past for me.  Smile

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Well, I THINK the interview went well.  Fingers crossed.

...Wishing you Good Luck........usually when people think it went well, it did.

......jylnne//..........it's been YEARS since I thought of the ''Stop The Madness'' line........thanks, and Best Wishes to your Back

(the PoolRun usually drops the Pain Level noticeably)

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....