Masters Running

Friday already? 8.10.12 (Read 383 times)

Twenty seven years ago today, my DH and I said "I do" in three different languages.

Happy anniversary Mariposai and "easy pacer"! What a romantic setting for a dinner together - have a wonderful evening.

Holly - can you say "take out"? Big grin

A short but very accomplished list of racers this weekend. Good luck to everyone!

TammyinGP

Tammy, fruit salad and cornflakes for lunch? wow, you are making me feel very guilty...you should see what I ate for lunch...nope and I am not going to confess.

no Nancy, I was just commenting on tet's japanese menu from yesterday that those are about the only two things on it that appealed to me. i'm not a fan of that type of food is all.  that's not what I had for lunch. Lunch was . . . let's see. . . a peach. a poppy seed muffin. yep, that's it. . .

Enjoy your anniversary dinner! That sounds better than any restaurant could be!

Tammy

5.3 miles with the last one at about half marathon pace. Then I cooked us fresh wild caught pollock on the grill with rice. Mmmm.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Happy Anniversary, Posie Lady.  Your dinner sounds beautiful!

A sweaty 10 miles out at the McKay Tract, and unfortunately, I didn't have my blanket and towel to sit on.  I really need to get seat covers.  Didn't see another soul until almost the end.

Tomorrow we do about a mile of bush-whacking aka trail clearing out in Trinidad.  Shorty will be weed whacking, Karen and I will be chopping at the pampas grass.

I'm off to bed -

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Lovely post by wildchild! Tet, I'll join you for breakfast... How about our speedy women sprinters?! Yay team! I was away at a conference at brand X rival university this morning. Laced up the shoes and ran around their campus. It was admittedly nice! Just a couple of miles.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

me too econo and all lovers of fish and various parts thereof.

I think you pretty much have to grow up near the ocean to though.

Happy anniversary nancy and the sandbagger. I wish I could send you some.

Opie seems to be able to find more fresh fish in Oklahoma than we do out here unless we catch it. Our pollock needs such immediate care that I am quite sure neither rhoon or I have ever seen one in any fresh foods department. Unlike the firmer Atlantic pollock (which I got to eat during  a sojourn in Massachusetts way back when), the flesh of the Alaska (or walleye) Pacific Ocean variety is usually deemed "delicate" at best and "mushy" at worst so is usually ground down to a mince for shaping into tv dinner fish sticks, flavor added to become constituted crab legs, etc.  I'd sure be interested in whether or not the Oklahoma one was Theragra chalcogramma or Pollachius pollachius.

ps - it was time to fish-or-cut bait about breakfast including the hotel stay or head for me favorite uni restaurant at the Tokyo City Wholesale Fish Market at Tsukiji so I did what anyone with the extensive training I've been having in gastronomy would, I ate at both. No wonder I lover runn,..  I mean eating so much. 

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Hey Jay.

are you going to wait until it's all over beore you start the Saturday daily?

It's 5:30 pm Saturday evening over here and they just started the men's 50K walk a half hour ago and should have been on their ways at 4am where you are.  Hope you have a station to show it wire-to-wire like NHK is doing.  We sure don’t in Seattle though. 
                Interesting commentary by the Japanese announcers following three of their entrants (one nicknamed “tetsujin” by them too), e.g. one-foot-on-the-ground, something I didn’t quite catch about heel lift, why the Kenyan/Ethiopians are out of the running, I mean walking, etc.  Looks like only one from the U.S. though.

Please post your commentary/explanation.  As long as possible is okay as it’s only on once every four years like this (if that, unless I'm over here again).  I was kind of sorry they had to run on a 2-km loop in St. James Park, I think it is. The green and blue shoe guys have now forged ahead of the early pink shoe leader. With all the dancing like rhythm of the pace, it almost looks like they're having fun.  Not much smiling yet though.  I bet you do in your events though.

they just went through 10K in 44:15

ps - it's nearly 80-degrees.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Twenty seven years ago today, my DH and I said "I do" in three different languages. My DH asked me where I wanted to go for dinner tonight. To the woods, was my answer. So off we go to pick some huckleberries, then to have a picnic at a glacier fed lake. No restaurant could bit that setting!

Oh I agree - that is so romantic...Happy Anniversary!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

..... Now we are heading off to the mountains for the rest of the day. Twenty seven years ago today, my DH and I said "I do" in three different languages. My DH asked me where I wanted to go for dinner tonight. To the woods, was my answer. So off we go to pick some huckleberries, then to have a picnic at a glacier fed lake. No restaurant could beat that setting!

This sounds like one romantic evening!  Congratulations to you and "Easy Pacer"  Shee probably had the huckelberries made into jame before dessert,

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich