Masters Running

Tuesday Sunrise 6.3 (Read 36 times)

mrrun

Hi all,

I was up at J'o'clock, so went out at 4:30 and saw a glorious pink sky, one turkey which I thought was a funny sounding rooster, and miscellaneous birds.  No runner for the first hour, then saw a few.  Ran around 7 miles in 60ish temps

(((to all the hurts and there seem to be lots)))

Enjoy the temps - whatever they may be and happy daze

marj

wildchild

Carolyn

I had a nice run with Holly this morning!    Heading out for another long driving day with DD - we hope to get to the Kansas border today.

Here's a picture Holly posted on FB of me and DD yesterday:

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

coastwalker

Hi Marj, and the rest of you good folks too!

Nice early run with the birds, Marj.

I'm glad your traffic woes have eased, Aamos. Ours are just starting up, so we'll be using back-road short-cuts till after Labor Day. How can you eat hot cereal in hot weather??

Sorry about the ankle, C-R. I hope it was better later in the day. We were just talking about how you can pick a great house, but you never know who you are going to get for neighbors. It sounds like you found yourself some great neighbors.

Great shot of Annabelle in her new room. I like how her dress matches the paint colors.

Ribs, our road race series is now about 60+% women, and it seems that women outnumber men at most road races around here. Based on my experience, most people would prefer to get 'chicked' than 'walkered.'

Twocat, I'm sorry your fall from a few weeks ago is paying unhappy dividends. Take it easy and heal up.

I'm glad you are running well in the new NBs, Henrun.

Happy Anniversary, Stumpy and Mrs. Stumpy! Sounds like you had a grand celebration at Fenway. BTW, DW has a '08 Outback - the year before they changed the body style (and made it bigger), and she loves it.

Welcome back, Denise! I'm glad that all the hard work you put into planning your retreat paid off, and that you're still feeling the glow. I'm glad you got some runs in too.

Leslie, you and the hub had a heck of a Saturday. I hope your collective allergies have calmed down, and the sore muscles have recovered. I don't blame you for cutting Sunday's workout short.

It looks like VT is shaping up to be an event!

Nice run in nice weather, Tselbes.

I'm glad you had a pain-free run, Craneium, and that you are taking it easy with that tendon injury.

You sure have had some race adventures, Subdood! I agree with Holly - if it comes down to you and a train, let the train go first.

Evanflei, that's hot stuff, even if it is supposed to be 'dry' heat! I also don't know how people tolerate it, but folks in AZ probably say the same thing about our weather.

Congrats to Mr. Starr! And good for you, Starr, for getting into the pool, despite the audience - they were likely focused on their kids anyway, so you had nothing to worry about. Good luck with the Doc on Thursday.

Enjoy the taper, Mariposai. I hope the forecast changes for cooler for this coming weekend.

How'd you do with the customers yesterday, Steve??

I woke up at 3:30, and finally dragged my sorry butt out of bed 15 minutes later,. I was out the door by 4 for 6.2 RW miles. An early runner/neighbor was looping in the opposite direction, so we got to say 'hi' twice this morning. I have my annual physical tomorrow morning, and I hope the report is a boring as in the past few years.

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

good morning all.

Nice Jay-run, Marj.  But you're retired--why are you up so early?

Happy travels, Carolyn and Kira.  Couldn't be persuaded to do another Dam 50K?

Jay--DW wouldn't want to sell by any chance?  We looked at the new ones over the weekend and DW kept saying how big the new Outbacks were.  Or are you a "drive till they drop" car owner like us?

3.1 miles this morning.  Slow average pace, but I tried to pick up the pace for the last half mile--need to see the download to see if it actually was faster.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Sayhey! MM#130

I'm off to court, but had to stop by and rave about the sunrise...must have been the same one marg enjoyed!  honestly, it was so stunning; I wonder why we don't match pink and orange and yellow, as they blended together perfectly.  Then, as I was turning the corner on a lake at lakes park, I saw a rainbow.  DH was out doing 6 miles in another area, and he saw it too.  Perfect arch, so wonderful!

Ten for me, at 8:59 pace.  First five were 9+ (all that sky watching) so I had to give 'er some gas.

Carolyn, pay attention to the weather--bad storms headed toward the area you are headed toward.   Please be careful.

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

....I accidently got up early too........

but

rather that Run with The EarlyBirds,

I Ran with The Fishes......

(theme from TheGodFather comes up in  background)

===========

...34mprnb

deo

................good running guys...........make 'em an offer , , , , ,er,,,,,,,,Fa'giddabou'it

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Such a robust start to the daily!

Aamos glad you could enjoy the beautiful colors this morning. One of the reasons I like morning runs.

Wildchild and Holly happy you could enjoy each others company today.

Jay hoping you get your boring.

No pain or swelling in my knee this morning. Will see what tomorrow holds after a weight session in the gym today. Enjoy the day all.

mrrun

Nice Jay-run, Marj.  But you're retired--why are you up so early?

so i have time for all the other activities in the day......sleeping, biking, and getting ready for the next 2 days when i have almost no 'free time'

Mariposai

Marj, I really, really like your profile picture. Is that one you took at the Ave of the Giants.

Leslie, how is your recovery coming along after your fantastic long distance race?

Holly, ready for your 50k? How will the weather be?

My weather will be hot, but I am trying to talk fjordrunner to join me for a couple of miles during the race.

Spareribs, I smile every time I read that you ran a few miles. Thank God for the quick recovery.

Wildchild, enjoy your trip with DD and a big congrats to her. I am looking forward to having her at UW. I hope she comes to see us in Eastern Washington for long weekends Smile.

Twocat, sorry about the leg issue. Take care. Ohhh, and cheers to your DW for insisting you stay at the wedding to the very end, that is my kind of girl. Was there a dance?

Tamster, what an exciting weekend you had with David at the Pre-Classics.

I was awake early today, but I did not go outside to enjoy the sunrise. I decided to go downstairs and clean a corner of my storage room.

Taper time is a good time to take care of a few things around the house. Tonight is our little running club meet up night. I will run with the slow runner for 3 or 5 miles.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I haven't been able to keep up with all the fantastic things going on with y'all.

6.21 miles this morning.  A sluggish run from start to finish, for no discernible reason, hate that.  My knee mostly behaved.  Such a glitchy thing.  Not sure about that half-marathon I signed up for in less than 3 weeks.  It starts at 9am so it could be very warm by the time I get done, and I don't know what my knee might do on any given day.  I suppose I could celebrate yet another PW?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

Carolyn, pay attention to the weather--bad storms headed toward the area you are headed toward.   Please be careful.

Yup, I saw the storms on the news and said as much.

Mariposai - I have not looked at the weather yet.  Around here the forecast seems to change every hour, so predicting several days ahead is usually unreliable.

Erika - that is HOT!

I had a lovely time visiting with Carolyn and her DD.  Isn't it wonderful about the people in this forum - you can go months or years without seeing each other and yet pick right up when you see them again.

5.3 easy-paced miles with Carolyn in 72 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

Good Morning Running Friends!

Had a good hill workout with David last night. He pushed me harder than I would have pushed myself, so I hired him as my coach this summer. Smile   He also gave me a good push-up and core workout last night.  This Saturday we are running a local race. He's doing the 5K and I'm doing the 10K because I want more miles. He said after he's done, he'll run back out on the course to find me and have me pick up the pace for the last mile or so.

Tomorrow is National Running Day and I'm attending a co-workers bridal shower right after work, so looks like I'm getting up early to run some trails so I can get in a run. Will shoot for 2.5 miles on my trails so the dogs can come with unleashed. They'll be happy!

Tammy

lamerunner

Good morning.  I was not up at J O'Clock, and did not see the sunrise,  but I did run this morning. About 6.5 miles around town, sunny and upper 60s, so pretty warm though not like Scottsdale!   Threw a little water on my vegetable plants and cursed the chipmunks too.  Yesterday just a swim day.  My legs needed the rest.

I got in a nearly two hour trail/fire road run on Saturday and a shorter one Sunday.  Really liking the trails these days when I can get there.  It has been a pretty Spring-- all the snow and cool early Spring made the leaves  and flowers come out more slowly.  We tried to do a family bike ride on Sunday afternoon, but my old bike which my DS was on had shifting issues, so we did not get too far. I had even rented a bike-- mine is too large a frame and my old back cannot take it now... kind of one of those days. Sunny and warm though-- we ended up playing some tennis.

Great that Holly and Carolyn got to visit!

Denise, great to see you back!  I hope the running is going well.  More great running by Amy!

Anyone want to do the relay in VT? I could just sign up for the 50k and hope for the best.... but that may not be prudent...

Happy Tuesday!

I'm thinking SteveP is exactly the type of person I'd love to have help me out in a hardware store.  Would definitely make the visit more interesting!

Continued safe travels for Carolyn and DD.  Did the hub fly back home?

Hoping for a stellarly boring health report for Jay.

Today was 6 miles with 6x2 min of hard running (85-90% of max).  Ack!  My legs are SOOO tired.  Unfortunately, when I hit the third one, I REALLY needed to use the bathroom, but no where to go and only ran for 1.5 min.  I held it together, but had to stop at 1.5 for the 5th one as well.  Managed to not poop myself (which is obviously a very good thing), and was VERY happy to get home!  I was also very surprised at the results:

7:35

7:39

7:42 (1.5 min)

7:48

7:43 (1.5 min)

7:37

i could tell I was slowing down quite a bit on the 4th one, but on the 6th one, I mentally kept telling myself I could do it.  I was breathing hard, spit was flying (literally), but I got it done.  The results took me completely by surprise, a happy surprise!

Something's wrong with our Goofy.  He's isn't hardly eating, although he's not really acting any different, so gotta make a vet appointment.  I just took Wilson in last week to the tune of $220 (vet visit, exam, skin scrape, flea stuff for 5 cats) to find out why he's licked almost all the hair off his stomach - allergies or anxiety, so we've changed his food and are giving him some kind of natural calming stuff (he is a very nervous cat).  Not looking forward to another large bill, but gotta find out why Gooftron's not eating.  Tried changing his food, as well, but hasn't worked, although he did eat some regular tuna this morning and a little bit of a different dry cat food.  We'll see . . . .

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

King of PhotoShop

What a nice picture Carolyn!

So everybody got up early to see the sunrise huh?  Not me.  The Saint and I usually start around 8, as she has decided she wants to get back into running and it makes sense to her that she can run with me as I am recovering.  We did 5 miles, one walking, 3 running at just under 11 minute pace and one walking, so that went well.

So today I am cleared to do core work and I went to the Y for a light workout so that I can tell tomorrow how I feel.  I did just ten pushups, a one minute front plank, 30 seconds each side planks, and a one minute wall sit, but when I tried to do ab crunches it was clear after 3 of them I am not ready as they didn't feel good.  But all in all, things are looking up.

Or, you can retire to The Deep South where...
                                1. You can rent a movie and buy bait in the same store.
                                2. "Y'all" is singular and "all y'all" is plural.
                                3. "He needed killin" is a valid defense.
                                4. Everyone has 2 first names: Billy Bob, Jimmy Bob, Joe Bob, Betty Jean, Mary Beth, etc.
                                5. Everywhere is either "in yonder," "over yonder" or "out yonder".

Spareribs