Masters Running

Sunday the 8th runs (Read 347 times)

jules2

Just over 11 miles this morning in 1:30:00, it was raw and around freezing with snow and ice underfoot in places. But I have heard the birds singing more and the nights are getting shorter so Spring is getting closer. Good luck to anyone racing today and best wishes to anyone who is injured I know what its like but injuries are just like Winter as Spring ( recovery ) is just around the corner.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning jules, thanks for the fine start off. Nice run there at a good clip. Funny you mentioned birds....this was the first morning I was laying in bed and hearing more birds churping, than I heard since this time last year...yeah, Spring is coming. I couldn't log on to RA yesterday, so I will post my run this morning. I want to get back to some sort of a normal plan with Sat being my long run day (not 10 miles like I did last Tues, ok) I ran my favorite route which is between 6 and 7 miles depending on a few different ways I can run it....so 6.3 miles - 1:05 - 10:20 pace. Like I told Holly yesterday, that may seem like a good recovery run for me, but that was really as fast as I could run...think my fast and being mad 10 miler finally caught up with me. But you know what...this run was perfect, and I now know I am back in the game as my foot feels great and I AM pain free. Also, it was IRC with the temp at 50 degrees and sunny...shorts - long sleeve tee - perfect. After while I will go out for a few miles easy to work the stiffness out of my legs. Erika, I really did miss my tapering buddie. Now off to catch up on everyone yesterday. Hope Holly had a good 20 miler, and hope everyone has good runs, or what ever you are doing on this fine Sunday. Healing vibes to all that are injuried...as jules said, like the change of the seasons, you WILL recover from what ever injuries you have, just be patient and let things heal up. TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

dg.

good morning! Thanks for the start Jules. I've been thinking the same thing... the birds are singing... nights are shorter.Smile Nice run, though you've made me feel like a wimp. My day so far is a lesson in how to be inefficient. I got all ready for my version of a LR, temps looked good, but chilly enough for the usual outdoor prep. I was a slug this morning, & was running late as it was. I got there, & there was a surprising amount of black ice. or... medium-gray pavement looking ice. Wink. Impossible to tell where it was. During my warmup walk, I decided it just was not worth the risk of injury, there was no good way i could see to run on this stuff. Prudently I headed back to my car, & then midway both feet flew up & I landed on my butt. Roll eyes. A little sore, but no harm done. So, now I'm home getting changed & packed for the gym. Feeble efforts to be a little more presentable than was required outside. Hopefully later a run to post. Tim, I'm glad things are going so well. happy Sunday everybody.

Renee the dog

Ahhhh, 4 recovery miles this morning. In a running skirt! Lovely out -- windy, but warmer and manageable. dg, wish you could have had your decision confirmed in a less obvious way! Here's to no soreness tonight.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

dg.

thanks Nono! glad your run was nice. off I go.

jules2

Sorry I've just realised I meant just under ie 10.65 not just over 11 miles whats .35 between friends?

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

15 hilly and windswept but above freezing miles this morning, 2:11, 142/165. Seems like I haven't posted in ages. Good to see you running again, Tim; good runs to all today.
                  I missed two consecutive days midweek because of the cold, so now running three in a row. Did a short one yesterday, 5 miles for the non-metric among us, just under 43 minutes. Long(er) one today, bright sunshine, and just above freezing, delicious looking day. Calling my daughter in Zimbabwe today to get the latest news, it seems a provisional power-sharing agreement has been reached, some small hope for stability. Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning again...just got back from my Sun run. 4 miles - 34:02 - 8:30 ave pace - 131 ave HR. My legs felt extra peppy and had to keep slowing myself down, since this was only suppose to be a super easy run. Hey dg, did you ask you DH if the payment on your back side made your butt look big...glad you are ok. Nice to see you Walt...super run for you this morning, WTG. Speaking of good runs as I skimmed through yesterday...nice speedy long runs to Bill, Mom, and mari...don't mean to leave anyone out, but was impressed by the amount of runs at MP or quicker.. Nono in a running skirt...sweet, nice 4 miler to you. Hope everyone has a terrific day. I must say that I am soooo very happy that I can enjoy the gift again....I am a happy TimBo Except for my TWO dates that fell through for me this weekend, sigh!

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

10@7:55
                      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                        Good morning to all! Tim, good to see you back out running and feeling good. dg, ouch! I hope your inside run goes well. It obviously was the wise decision! nono, I meant to remark on your run yesterday - that sounds like a beautiful run and with the wind at your back the whole way must have been very enjoyable. Nice longish runs for Jules and Lynden today. I ran 6 recovery miles at 8:15 pace in shorts and a t-shirt. It's already in the low 60s here and headed up to 72. Spring is decidedly in the air. The daffodils are coming up already!

Once a runner . . .

Mariposai

Gordon, wow 10@7:55...that is good man. 3 recovery miles after my 20 miler yesterday.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

6.9 for me this morn in 55 degrees, after a long 10.9 yesterday. Caps off my week at 24+ Yeah! Dg thanks for sharing that...I can so identify and laugh.Big grin Nonowaytogo Happy Sunday all! Can't wait to see Grammy's tonight.

Marathon Maniac #957

Tet – nice 2-continent 2-a-day! Mariposai – excellent 20-miler yesterday! You inspired me today. Tim - 50° and you wore a long-sleeved shirt? Nice running though, and bummer about the flaky women… DG – ouch! That black ice is deadly. Simon – what brought your DD to Zimbabwe? 40ish for my run this morning – yippee! The plan for today was a 20-miler, with some faster miles near the end aiming at BQ MP (8:47). This is not my current MP, but I’m hoping if I work on it all summer, I can get there again for Columbus Marathon in October, which is my target marathon for 2009. The river path that I would prefer to do these LRs on is still icy, so I did 3 loops through town (stopping for gel/water/check on DH in between) – a tougher, hillier route than the flat, smooth river path, with my own version of “Heartbreak Hill” at miles 7, 14, and 20. Today was one of those LRs where I felt beat by mile #12, and was sure that I would not be able to squeak out any faster-paced miles near the end, but I surprised myself. 20.50 miles, ave pace 10:08 (surprising with the hills), with miles 16 and 17 at 8:36 and 8:47, then a ¼ mile recovery jog, then one more mile at 8:47. The last MP mile was into the wind, my legs were crying, and I wanted very much to quit, but I was thinking about a certain butterfly lady who would have encouraged me to be strong and push myself to finish. And when I was staggering up the last long hill home, I remembered her words from yesterday about form and concentrated on keeping my shoulders back and my back straight. Thanks Mariposai! 380 miles on this pair of shoes, 516 miles on my back-up pair – I need to buy some new shoes before my next 20-miler. When I got home I stretched, made some hot, sweet, blueberry tea and took and ice bath. (Aaaaauuuugggghhhh!!!) I hate ice baths, but figured today called for one. Happy Sunday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Ouch Dg!! I had the same conditions here and ran out on the road as much as possible. Nice zippy run there TimBo!! Dogs! Hailey and Brinkley breached the underground fencing system this morning right before going out for my run. Hailey came right back, but not Brinkley. I finally unplugged the fencing system so that he could get back across the line without getting zapped and went our for my long run. 2 hours later I'm running down our road wondering if he'll be there or not when I hear his irratating yet loveable bark warning of an intruder nearby. I told him he was a bad dog and put him in his kennel. 11 miles - 11:58 avg. pace - 152 avg. HR Yes, I walked a bit after mile 8 with the wind in my face, as I was just tired but still enjoying the morning. Happy Sunday!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com