Masters Running

40/40 Thread for Week Ending 11/23/08 (Read 478 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

For those of you who are new, this is the 40/40 thread, for people who are over 40 years old who run or aspire to run 40 miles/week. We give Free Passes to those who come really close or try really hard... Here's what I have for last week's tally, although we're missing a few. If I missed something or you check in late, let me know...
    WhoMilesCommentary
    Dopple Bock116 How do you have the time? The shower time alone would put me over the limit...
    Hermosaboy64.8 Anonymous miles...Smile
    Barefoot Rick56.93 Tulsa Route 66 Marathon!
    Franc5949.98 No rest days?
    TomD48.2 Wooden pallet injury slowing you down – ouch!
    Holly47.7 LR on TM, weather wimp that I am...
    Perch47.4 Sproink is back!
    Mainerunnah47.2 Interesting that you do a progressive run the day after your intervals. I’m usually quite sluggish the next day.
    Ultrachick42.5 Crazy week but still making time to run.
    WillRunForBeer41.1 Taking it easy but getting the miles in.
    Pfriese36.5 A peek at your log reminded me that I need to add a “GA” color.
    SLOjim30 Tapering, but the darn race was cancelled.
    Here's my plan for the week:
    DayPlanActualCommentary
    Monday00 Weights and abs
    Tuesday7-9 8 miles 6 outside, w/easy pace, w/TM intervals to finish
    Wednesday6-7 6.25 miles Easy pace
    Thursday6-7 8 miles Intervals on TM
    Friday0 0 miles Weights and abs
    Saturday6-7 15 miles Easy pace
    Sunday12+ 8 miles Wave run
    Total45.3 miles X

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Barefoot Rick

Barefoot Runner

Monday - 10.24 Tuesday - 10.46 Wednesday - 10.46 Thursday - 10.30 Friday - 6.18 Saturday - 2.06 Sunday - 2.08 Total WE 11/23 - 51.78 BF Miles http://www.barefootrunner.org/08weeklymileage/08weekly.htm Thanks Holly! Big grin
      Romans 10:15 - How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things!
        http://barefootrunner.org
      Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Hi Holly, Here we go again!! Mon: 14.10 Tue:4.32 Wed: 7.23 Thur:7.50 Fri:7.56 Sat:5.00 Sun:20.00 Total: 65.71 Grazie!!! Francesca
          Thanks Holly Smile Well, there was no reason for a taper..... 2.5 hours before the start, the marathon was canceled due to bad air quality Sad Not sure if they're going to re-schedule soon so I'm bumping my mileage back up.... Sun. no race/ no run .... just moping Mon. 11 mile easy run with wearing my marathon shirt Big grin Tues. 8.5 easy Wed. 7.5 easy Thur rest Fri 10 easy Sat. 20 long rund Total 57 miles

Prince of Fatness

Got some good news today. Follow up bone scan showed no signs of stress fractures, so I am cleared to ease my way back into running. My shins still are a little sore, so I am really going to take my time getting back into things. I don't want to get stuck not running at all again. Holly, you don't need to keep throwing me free passes because I'm thinking it'll be 5 - 6 weeks until I am back up to 40 miles. But I will be back. Thanks!

Not at it at all. 

Eustace Tierney

YoYo

Im afraid Im ot for a while Holly.I didnt last long in the 40/40,s. Knee causing me problems so I'll have to get it looked at properly. Thanks

"The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." Goals: Keep on running!

TomD

Holly, Loss my balance at work last Wednesday. My stomach area hit the edge of wooden pallet and scraped myself pretty bad. The doctor told me the blow was like being hit in the stomach hard. I have a blood clot, which will take another week to heal. It has caused my running to go down last week. I hope to run more regularly soon and without pain. Monday - off Tuesday - off Wednesday - 10.10 Slowly Thursday - Friday - Saturday - 32.00 Nathaniel's Run 6-Hour Sunday - 28.20 Gobbler Grind Marathon Total Miles - 70.30 TomD

Marathon Maniac #957

SLOjim – bad air quality? Where was that marathon? Bummer, and extremely annoying for those who have trained hard for that. Is there another marathon you can get to in the near future, while your fitness is built up? Ootee and MrPHinNJ – take your time, rest up and heal, come on back when you’re ready. TomD – ouch! Hope that clears up quick.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

DoppleBock

Thanks Holly - (Shower a lot or I must stink a lot - just kidding - I watch little TV, that saves 3-4 hours per day compared to the average american) I just updated last week - 116 miles in 12 runs I spent SAT- MON in Chicago with family - I am starting out the week weakly - But the Goal is for > 100 miles on >= 10 runs. M 5/0/0 T 0/0/22 - LSD run - Not really feeling well W 0/0/10 - Need to shake the iche out of me - Maybe another long one Smile TH 0/0/38 - 38 on TM - planned 42 but eletrolytes got low and I got dizzy FR 0/5/0 - Still wiped out SA 21/6 21 finished with 4x2 mile @ 6:07 pace with .5 mile recoveries SU 6/ 5 recovery day Total = 118 in 9 runs Good running to all Jim - Sorry about that - Must have been in CA - Things are a little crispy out there - I hope your home and family is safe. MrPHinNJ - Yeeeeehaaa! Great news! Tom - Sorry to hear - get well soon!

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Monday - 5.02 Miles - 40:02 - (7:58) - Avg HR 129 Max HR 139 Tuesday - 8.07 miles - 1:04:19 (7:58) - Avg HR 134 Max HR 144 Wednesday - 8.65 miles - 1:07:16 - 7:47 - Avg HR 124 Max HR 158 2.5 mile w/up followed by 8 x .5 mile intervals w/about 1:45 recovery jogs followed up w/a .75 mile cool down. Intervals: 1 - 3:07 - 124 / 144 2 - 3:07 - 139 / 147 3 - 3:04 - 143 / 150 4 - 3:04 - 136 / 151 5 - 3:00 - 143 / 156 6 - 2:58 - 143 / 154 7 - 2:57 - 149 / 156 8 - 2:53 - 150 / 158 Thursday - 5.03 miles - 39:32 (7:52) - Avg HR 136 Max HR 147 Friday - Saturday - Flying to Las Vegas Cool Sunday - Total -
                      pfriese

Thanks Holly, M - rest day - done T - 4.9 miles - done W - 5.1 miles - done Th - rest day - done F - rest day - done Sa - rest day - done Su - marathon - done _____________________________________ Total - 36.2 miles - done Paul
                          SLOjim – bad air quality? Where was that marathon? Bummer, and extremely annoying for those who have trained hard for that. Is there another marathon you can get to in the near future, while your fitness is built up?
                          It was the Pasadena marathon.....sort of surrounded by the So Cal fires. Tuscon is in a few weeks but I have too much going on to go out of town for a race. I'm not as bummed as a lot of the runners....since I'm still battling PF, the marathon was going to be a slow training run with an attempt to recover within a few days in preparation for my attempt at back to back weekend marathons at the end of January.
                            Thanks again, Holly. Starting to do speedwork again this week. I took a break last training cycle. Not going to quite get to 40 this week. Loosely following Pfitzinger 24/55 plan Mesocycle 1 - endurance 21 weeks until Boston (as of Sunday) Mon - rest Tue - 7.1 miles, w/ 4 mi @ tempo pace (7:14/mi) Wed - 6.2 recovery (9:04/mi) Thu - 8.2 GA (well, a bit better than MP @ 7:53/mi) Fri - 4.1 recovery (9:14/mi) Sat - 13.2 medlong (progression 4@9:16(140), 3@8:54(148),3@8:25(155),3@7:58(167)) Sun - rest Total - 38.7

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

My weather has been glorious down here this week and the running has been correspondingly easy and enjoyable. So it appears I'll join this illustrious group again this week! Mon: 7.0 miles at 8:23 pace (with 4 miles at tempo pace) Tues: 4.0 miles at 9:55 recovery pace Wed: 10.1 miles at 8:51 GA pace Thurs: Scheduled Rest Day Fri: 9.25 miles at MP (8:30 pace) Sat: Scheduled Rest Day Sun: 15.5 miles at 8:50 pace (with 9 to the end at MP!) Total: 45.5 miles a good week! Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Thanks Holly!
                                DayPlanActualCommentary
                                Monday00 Rest day
                                Tuesday 6 mi GA 6 miles 8:05 pace on undulating road, AHR 163
                                Wednesday8 8.4 miles 8:42 pace, AHR 153
                                Thursday0 0 miles Rest day
                                Friday6 mi w/ 4 tempo 6 miles 4 mi avg 7:30 pace
                                Saturday6 mi GA 6 mi 8:21 pace, AHR 156
                                Sunday17 17 milesHilly at 8:53 pace
                                Total40's 43.4

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova