Masters Running

40's On the Run......... Thanks Again!!!! (Read 679 times)

jfa

Can't say it enough so here goes- Thanks Again to Saph's kids and all the thousands of others that do SO MUCH for this Country. Thanks to you too Cindy Mtnchk for sharing this with us. SmileIt deserves going again ! http://www.youtube.com/v/ervaMPt4Ha0 We all have alot to be thankful for as evidenced by our positive attitudes.I'm also thankful for your guys support.Being here is in someways even better than a "real" running club. Fm last week: Congrats Carol on your job.Working from home sounds nice. Smile Jewels- Nice picture!You got some Guts girl! Now you must tell us what that's like! Shocked (and no blahs!! Tongue ) Farm-Good running for you.Those runners are incredible. Leslie-glad to have you back among the running! CoolSounds like fun on the trails. Big grin Good going in the wet stuff Yabba.How's the ski season up there this year.Hope you got enough snow. Also thankful and incredulous that I completed 18 miles today at 9:36 pace Surprised Surprised Coming off a bad long run last week,this really boosted my moral on my May marathon plan!Went strong and had some left in the tank!! Hope most of you have the day off tomorrow, not me....

Also thankful and incredulous that I completed 18 miles today at 9:36 pace Surprised Surprised Coming off a bad long run last week,this really boosted my moral on my May marathon plan!Went strong and had some left in the tank!! Hope most of you have the day off tomorrow, not me....
      Holy Crap, Batman!!! That's an incredible pace! How'd the nutrition thing go? What'd you do different from last week? Do you keep a log of all this? At this rate, you're gonna do great in May. Smile

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

Way to go Joe, sounds very good for your marathon goals!:hifive: Awaiting clearance from my dentist before I run this week, had laser gum surgery on friday. http://www.millenniumdental.com/demo.html OK he gave me the go ahead if I felt like it. Cut my scheduled Long Run down to 3.75 but got it in this morn. It was cold to start and I struggled running 11-12 min pace but warmed up and finished running in the 9's comfortably. Happy Prez day fab forties!! Cool

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Mornin' all, Smokin' Joe....that's your new name. Way to go! That is alot of miles at a great pace. Woot, woot to you! Regarding my pic, last year me and my two sisters went skydiving. I put a different pic up this morning, wasn't diggin' the up close visuals on the other one! I looked horrible, but I guess you're not suppose to look glamorous when you're falling 14,000 ft. r2farm....hope your gum surgery went well and you heal nicely. Take your time getting back out there and listen to the doc, er I mean dentist. I was scrubbing the tiles in the shower yesterday sorta in a circular motion and I felt something pull in my shoulder and man does it hurt. Can't hardly move my arm above my head. Could hardly get my shirt on and off without some help. It's like a burning sensation. It is still hurting this morning. Hubby says I probably just pulled a muscle or something. Hope it goes away in the next day or two. Have a great week all......Jewels
          But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee

Top 'O the World!

Hey everybody! Happy President's Day! Birthday week around here....not mine, but several others Smile Jewels: Ice it!! Rest it....& move it as you can....oh, & vitamin "I"~ if you can! ...btw, I bow down to your "airplane-jumping-worthiness!" I get nervous about the house roof Blush You go girl!! I like "Smokin' Joe!!" Dang!! & YAY!! ~ I think you should create your own artistic racing shirt! Cool & Yay! We have a "trail-runnin'" Leslie back from the depths of vacationdom Big grin Way to go R2! I had a wacky roller coaster of a weekend.....I like Jewels: "Blah, blah, blah......." Reader's Digest condensed version: Holiday wknd = babysitting, outcall schedule got fubar'd = test driving new job, Daytona 500 = social gathering incl. alcohol & non-healthy snacks (shoulda went for a run in the middle of all of that, but somehow didn't get it done), Saturday afternoon I again took both big dogs for 6 awesome hilly miles @ avg 10:30pc + 30 mins @ the dog park....we all did awesome! No "yard sales"! The hills even felt great - strong...I thought about going further but had stuff to do for Sunday.....then had to replace my good sunglasses cause DS's dog ate them! Angry....... Probably no run today - or a short one later......& have to take GD (the 8 yr old) along to client session as the day care is closed today...IF DH gets off work early, I may be able to go for a bit, but tomorrow am is wide open so that's more likely....
            Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

jfa

Hey Kids, slow day at work today.Thanks for the pats on the back! Smile R2- nice going on your run and congrats on your completion of your dental work.Things should get easier for you now. Wink Jewels- what Cindy said ,take it slow and gently stretch.It's bad enough that we get hurt while exercising much less cleaning.I was on the bus last week ,nodding off and hurt my neck.I'm sure you have seen people on a bus or plane and their head bobs while falling asleep?Well that was me and I still have tightness from it!Musta looked pretty foolish to boot. Blush Mtnck-glad I'm not as busy as you seem,I don't know how you handle it!Good job getting out there with 2 dogs,that must be a handful! Roll eyes Leslie-to answer your questions, I took a gu about 15mins before,then at 5 miles and again at 10 miles.Had Gatorade in between(about 24 ozs of the "high test" 22 gr of carb stuff)That helped I think but unlike last week,I took it easy on the prevoius run before my long run.Last week I really did too much.As a matter of fact,my scheduled Weds 8 mile run I completely blew off and did not feel guilty about it at all!That told me that I was doing too much.I still have 4- 20 mile runs on my training schedule,so it's not going to get easy any time soon. An unbelievable 65* out today Confused .My heating bill likes it but Very weird for Feb !! Take care folks.

6 miles along the river in shorts and T -- 60 degrees in February!!! Oh, but it won't last... Joe, nice pace on your long run. Let me guess that you get motivation from callling up visions of The Helmet Catch over and over again. Jewels, you have to remember "wax off" as well as "wax on" when cleaning the tiles. As for jumping out of planes, I'll do it only when the pilot tells me the plane is not going to land. Mtnchk, good work on the hills
                  Yabba, thanks for the reminder, wax on, wax off! I remember that scene from the Karate Kid movie! Jewels
                  But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
                    Joe - Thanks for the info on the nutrition. I'm always interested in hearing what other people do. It's definitely a game of will or won't it work. Jewels and Yabba - Wax on, wax off. Ha! Whatever happened to that guy? Farmer Jim - Is this just about it for the ole toofers? You should be getting close to having the most perfect set of pearly whites ever. Cindy - Sounds like you had a busy, full weekend, even without running. Good job with the dogs! Cripes, a 10:30 pace?? Were they pulling you up the hills? Wink Since I'm suppose to be concentrating on endurance, I did an hour this morning. After the trails on Saturday, tons of yard work yesterday, and then the run today, my legs are a bit pooped. And that sucks. It just shows me how much I lost while on vacation and sick. Oh well. I have about a month to pull it together. Later!

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

jfa

Let me guess that you get motivation from callling up visions of The Helmet Catch over and over again.
                      Yes indeed Yabba,that and another 100 visions from the whole playoff run.Kinda reminds me of the Pats first SB run when they were underdogs.Btw ,how close was that last pass to Randy Moss's fingertips!?! Shocked Could have easily gone the other way is all I'm sayin....

Top 'O the World!

Leslie: Nooo, doggies not pulling me...3 easy runs+ 1 long - mostly walk/some run + two great days 'o rest & just the timing...felt good = pushed it a bit...still feels good Smile .....btw: I run these hills all the time...can't help it...I'm surrounded!...they're getting less & less intimidating every day...I still have "old guys" blowing past me on said hills (motivation!).... & of course, that's including powering down hill too Big grin... .....Ref "Karate Kid": Pat Morita/Mr Miyagi passed in '05 @73 yoa....Ralph Macchio...still working actor....nothing I've seen lately....probably not that I'd recognize him in an adult "face" anyway...... No run today....on deck for am.... ..... Guess I'll have to "taste-test" gu one of these days......sport beans pull out my temp crowns....
                        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                          Yes indeed Yabba,that and another 100 visions from the whole playoff run.Kinda reminds me of the Pats first SB run when they were underdogs.Btw ,how close was that last pass to Randy Moss's fingertips!?! Shocked Could have easily gone the other way is all I'm sayin....
                          A lot of people around here are comparing it to the 2002 SB, and now we know how the Rams fans felt. Though I think we have a bigger sting from losing the undefeated season. Then again we Boston fans have not yet forgotten what a devastating loss feels like, so we're bearing up. The Moss play and the Samuel dropped interception are still making it into many nightmares here. So close... As for the Karate Kid, I remember Ralph Macchio more for The Outsiders. But you can never go wrong with a well-placed "Sweep the leg!!" Cobra Kai reference.

Runs with ALTITUDE!

Also thankful and incredulous that I completed 18 miles today at 9:36 pace Surprised Surprised Coming off a bad long run last week,this really boosted my moral on my May marathon plan!Went strong and had some left in the tank!!
                              ..... Guess I'll have to "taste-test" gu one of these days......sport beans pull out my temp crowns....
                              The one time I used GU, I ended up so nauseated I couldn't finish my run. Tight lipped I had run out of shot blocks. After that, I vowed to always purchase the blocks by the box full. Which reminds me . . . I need to check my supply. Hips and right knee weren't feeling so good this a.m., so I took the day off. Of course, this means no rest days until Sunday now. <sigh>> Who signed me up for this run in March anyway?? Wink It's raining and cold here. I'm ready for winter to be over and have some sun and warmth. Around here that won't happen until September!</sigh>

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Runs with ALTITUDE!

I'm not a fan of Gu either! I don't like the artificial flavor or the caffeine "jolt" I get from them. I use Hammer Gel instead. The flavors are better, there's no caffeine, and I can buy it in a bottle and decant it into my flask. Only tried CliffBar shot blocks once, and that was during my Denver half marathon in October. They were on the table and I picked one up to try...didn't like having to chew while I was running...but that's just me! Roll eyes