Masters Running

40's On the Run......... Thanks Again!!!! (Read 679 times)

decant it into my flask.
    Flask, huh?? Bet that makes running a bit more enjoyable!
    Only tried CliffBar shot blocks once, and that was during my Denver half marathon in October. They were on the table and I picked one up to try...didn't like having to chew while I was running...but that's just me! Roll eyes
    Depending on how outta breath I am, I have to walk while chewing them. If any of you decide to try shot blocks, remember, you have to take in some fluids after swallowing them. The fluids active the properties in the blocks. . . . I absolutely do not want to be at work today . . . Blush

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

I dunno what I should be callin' today?....schedule (like I can follow that! Roll eyes ) says "5M Fartlek...I did an 8.06M "social loop"....including helping animal control catch two dogs running loose in different parts of my trek....got 4M in the middle (sort of) @ 11:21pc....the rest had way too much walkin' n talkin' to figure out what I was doing fer sure...BUT 2 of my regular nuisance dogs are now in custody....owners will likely not be happy when they get home from work later.....at least it's becoming t-shirt & shorts weather for the pm....so I got home w/my jacket & long-sleeve both tied around my waist! & mud half-way to my knees... Big grin & that part of my trek shows a 14:21 pc....yee-haw!
      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
        Twas a beautiful 70 degree day out when I got home from work so I threw on my running clothes and drove over to the park. Did an 8 mile run that felt not too shabby. Had a couple of quick stops to guzzle down some well needed water. I swear I could have drank a whole camels hump of water I was so thirsty. mtnchick.....nice run for you as well. Never a dull moment in your neck of the woods. Leslie....you got spoiled with the 3 day weekend which makes being at work today tough! It's almost over....if you were on this coast it would be over. Have a great evening all.......Jewels P.S. Shoulder feels great as long as I don't do the circular motions......no waxing for me this weekend!
        But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
          Leslie....you got spoiled with the 3 day weekend which makes being at work today tough! It's almost over....if you were on this coast it would be over.
          I haven't worked a full week since the week of January 7! Next week's gonna be the tuffy. I'll have to work five whole days! Cry You have to keep the waxing to a minimum at the moment - but can you lift a margarita? If you can do that - problem solved!

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

jfa

Thanks Saph !! Smile I'm actually coming to like the gu. Leslie~ maybe you got a "bad" one.The banana and tri-berry ones I have used are caffeine free. Kinda gross but not too bad.I'm willing to try other stuff tho. Roll eyes

Runs with ALTITUDE!

Flask, huh?? Bet that makes running a bit more enjoyable!I
              Trust you to think of that?!?!? *shakes head in disbelief!!!* Funnily enough, I was thinking more in terms of this type of flask! THE LOWDOWN: If you're a carbo-gel fan or like to mix your own secret power drink, pick up a few Nutrition Flasks. Thanks to their wide mouth and offset nozzle, filling, using and cleaning the Flasks is easy. The contoured shape stays put in a pocket or small holster. Or try a Clip-On Flask, whose holster allows easy removal and replacement and attaches securely to any belt, pak or apparel's waistband. It's made by Nathan Sports and fits on my Nathan 4-Speed water bottle carrier.
                For my trail runs, I use my hydration backpack almost exclusively. It's just easier. For my hour runs, I have a belt that holds my water bottle at an easy-to-retrieve-angle, and has a pocket just big enough for my inhaler and cell phone. I also have a waist pack-hydration pack that I used when training for and during my HM. It works for that and about not much more for me. I tried it on the trails once and decided to stick with my backpack from now on. I realize that all the "experts" will say you don't need rehydration and extra electrolytes for exercise an hour or shorter, but I am like camel. I get dry mouth and thirsty real easy, even though I drink a lot of fluids all week long. One thing I read was that in preparing for a race/trail run, don't consume only water in the few days before. The water will, in essence, dilute all the good stuff in your system. It was recommended that the week before your event, drink the mix you'd drink during the event, i.e., I use GU2O and water when running trails, so I should drink the same thing the week prior to an event. Sorta made sense. The flask I keep handy for after the run!

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

How do I change my course settings? I would like to be able to keep track of the different areas I run. I went into options and clicked on everything available but never got anywhere. Thanks.....Jewels
                  btb1490

How do I change my course settings? I would like to be able to keep track of the different areas I run. I went into options and clicked on everything available but never got anywhere. Thanks.....Jewels
                    Jewels, you have to create some courses first before you can use them. You should see an option for "new course" up near the top when viewing your training log. After you map out your course, give it a name and save it, and it will show up in your list of courses. Eric, this forum's creator, is working on an option to upload your routes from your GPS if you have one, so that way you won't have to create your own courses.
                      Awww, got it, thanks btb!
                        Mornin' Folks! It was an absolutely beautiful morning. Crisp, cold, completely clear, and a bright full moon. I had two layers on for top, gloves, and socks, and stayed just about perfect. There's a lunar eclipse tonight, the last for 3 years. The rain is suppose to come in this evening, so I doubt we'll be able to see it here on the North Coast. Did 5.75 miles in an hour with a 10:38 pace. I was pretty happy with that, considering I felt like I was struggling halfway through. Thank goodness for podcasts! They really help keep my mind off my "suffering." Tongue Hope you all have a great Hump Day. It's all downhill from here!

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Queen of 3rd Place

Sounds like everyone is pretty much on track! r2 - glad to hear that your dental work is progressing smoothly. And Leslie is back to her old self burning up the trails...Joe giving us something to chase...Jewels - good to know the shoulder wasn't anything serious... Just got back last night from Tucson, a record 10hrs of driving (NO traffic yesterday - THAT will never happen again). I didn't run at all (I was due for an easy week anyway) but I *did* eat lots! Also gained a couple pounds but it was worth it, finally got around to trying the local carne seca...it's beef that is sun dried, then marinaded and warmed up - plop it in a taco shell and YUM!! It's soooo lovely in Tucson right now, the desert is green, the rivers are flowing and the mountains have a dusting of snow. I'm more than slightly jealous of the "snowbird" crowd who spend their winters there. While in Tucson I got a call from a friend in DC who said he and his sister were - as we were speaking - signing up for the Disneyworld marathon next January, so now I HAVE to go! Gulp! Arla

Ex runner

Hey Arla - You're gonna do great at the Disney marathon! My in-laws winter in Yuma, AZ, and I absolutely love to go down there, especially in April/May. The desert has its own uncomparable beauty, and ank tops and shorts 24 hours a day. I could definitely live there. So glory be! Hallelujah! I finally got all my photos from our trip downloaded in Photobucket. Woo hoo! If you're interested in looking at them, here's the link: http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x194/fatozzig/prague/ I haven't added tags to hardly any of them yet, that will take awhile. And once I finish my "vacation report," I'll post it to my blog. Now I'm off to my see my tax person! Later!

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Leslie, Can you open the link to your pics on your computer? I can't.....hmmmm, could be my computer. Is there a line under that link?
                                http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x194/fatozzig/prague/ Does this work?? Modified to add: Jewels, you have to cut and paste the address. I did it under my AOL account and it worked. Confused

Leslie
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance