Masters Running

Sat 26 th Jan Daily Thread (Read 534 times)

Nice runs everyone. Weather is always tolerable when there is no wind like this am. 4 miles in 35 minutes with the last mile in 7 min flat. in 28 degrees and overcast with the sun trying to peak out. 55 days till spring? Can't wait! Nice photo of the garden, Holly. I hate the starkness of winter with no color! 8 days till the Super Bowl. GO PATS! 19-0 Nice time to be a New England sports fan. Hard to imagine it getting any better than this! Fran
    evanflein

Perch that's always how I do my weekend runs! Although I'm waiting for best combo of daylight and the warmest temps of the day for my winter runs. Blueberry pancakes on tap for this morning, but dh and I are sipping coffee and browsing in peace on our computers.... the boys are still in bed! -39 outside right now, ick. So I'll be trying to herd my brood off to the athletic club later on for 6-8 on a TM and some weights, etc. Need to get the kids out of the house when it's this cold out, otherwise they just settle in and take root. 55 days till summer? Hmmmm (checking calendar...) gotta add a few to my count. After Boston it'll be starting to look like spring, "summer" doesn't feel like it's here till mid-May at least!
        Nice runs everyone, but perchcreek! -- you're doing a great job getting ready for the hills in Boston, huh? 7 "easy" miles planned, but looking at the HR afterwards it seemed the effort was a bit higher -- calling it GA in the logbook. More effort than last week and slower pace -- I guess that's just how it goes sometimes. Workout: 6.2 miles, 8:17/mi, AHR 151 Overall: 7.2 miles, 59:47 Have a great weekend!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

yum. wonder why I didn't get some.
          Wherever I go, wimmen say "Yum" and wish they could get some. It's a heavy burden, this hunted and joyless existence, but I don't like to complain. Off to the gym, where I will no doubt suffer from the usual nonverbal harassment such as winks, stares, and longing looks. Oh the shame, the humiliation, the feelings of cheapness and self-doubt. Dark Horse
          I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
            Dark Horse, I feel your pain. I too suffered from longing looks as I trudged up and down the highway this morning, logging a whopping 9.67 miles. My DH keeps telling me it's because they wish they didn't have to see an old lady in tights, but I know it's because they're wishing they could be out running instead of chugging down Hardee's sausage biscuits... Big grin

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good day everyone! Nice runs reported and it is good to see our Roy starting the thread! 6 miles this morning - 23 degrees - light snow with about an inch of fresh stuff. I was quite happy with my 1:03:14 time. Miles were: 10:30 / 10:23 / 10:20 / 10:42 / 10:34 / 10:24 Hoping to get in a 10 miler tomorrow. Happy Saturday! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Teresadfp

One day at a time

It was my big challenge today - 6 miles. I've never gone that far before, and I was very nervous! At least the weather cooperated - 13 degrees F, sunny, and very little wind. I had driven the course ahead of time, since my running partner doesn't have a Garmin and is faster than I am. Maybe I shouldn't have done that, lol! I couldn't believe we had to run all the way to the center of town and back. It wasn't my best run ever, but I did it, in 1:12:44. A couple of times I almost gave in and walked, but I didn't want to get behind schedule on the Higdon program. I know it's OK to walk, but I'm really trying not to. When I got home, I took a long nap, curled up on the couch next to our collie. Life is good! I think I will try to run 6 miles again next weekend, before going up to 6.5. Then I'll be almost half-way to my HM length. Have a good weekend! Teresa
                spacityrunner

Teresa: Good job on your 6 miler, and you want to do another one...that is great! Eliz: you too on think 5 miles was an "easy" run. outstanding! Perch: wowsa...you and those hills, huh? Everyone...great to be running today for sure. I did 6 in 30F and wind (brrrrrr) at a 14 m/m as my foot is cranky. I think it overheard the doc say go forth and run...and it decided, not yet. But, the doc was right, I know what to do now...and I will take an unplanned day off tomorrow, and maybe even the whole week if need be. I will not, (stomping foot here (good foot that is)) be sidelined for 9 months again. Also got in a 30 min swim. Ahhhh.....

Trails Rock!

Marathon Maniac #957

It was my big challenge today - 6 miles. I've never gone that far before!
                    Great job! Dark Horse and Fussyrunner - Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I'll second those grins to fussyrunner and Dark Horse. Big grin Excellent 20-miler this morning with my group/9:02 avg. Felt terrific the entire way. New shoes always helps. Quite a large continent of us following the same route; gradually broke into some smaller groups. Cold, blustery, a.m., but the rain/snow mix predicted has held off. Afternoon of five rowdy kids/friends heading my way... I'm coffeed up and ready to roll.
                        It was my big challenge today - 6 miles. It wasn't my best run ever, but I did it, in 1:12:44.
                        I think it was pretty darn terrific! Way to go, Teresa. I just realized it's been a whole month since I did my one-and-only 7 miler. Not going to push it that far again until I get my orthotics, which will hopefully be in a week, two at most. After I get my "new feet," "look out pace bunny," is all I'm sayin'! Big grin DH and Fussy - you two are too funny! I'm so glad to have you as role models for when I'm so hot that I get oogled at the gym and on the roads, too. Smile Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

I sit here green with envy- for Dark Horse for his prowess with the wimmin and for everyone else for their runs. I am on the shelf at least through the weekend.
                            Hooray for those that are doing their longest runs ever! Perch - your runs always amaze me. Dark Horse, maybe you should try not wearing such skimpy clothes next time. 4 miles on the TM, kind of a 2 mile tempo in there. 1 mile @ 5 .7mph 2 miles @ 7.0mph 0.5 mile @ 6.0mph 0.5 mile @ 7.0mph 20 min on the bike.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Quite a large continent of us following the same route
                              Soundie, I like the Pacific Northwest as much as anyone, but if you are honest with yourself, you will have to admit it is only a small part of the continent. 5 miles on the treadmill, 1% incline, at 9:09 mile pace. Dark Horse
                              I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                              BTY

Lots of nice runs everyone is having today. 6 miler for me, out to the apple orchard and back. 2.5 miles warm up @10m/m, 2 miles @9:40, .5 mile tempo strider in 3:46 (7:32 pace), then 1 mile cool down at 10m/m. This was my highest mileage week since last March, when I was in marathon training mode, just before I came down with a nasty stomach bug and cut my training program back to run a 1/2 marathon instead. 25 miles used to be my average weekly mileage, now it's nearly a yearly PR. ('course, bike commuting April - Sept. has had something to do with that as well) Starting jury duty on Monday, which is a good time for a stepback week before I begin my 10k training program the following week. Good runs everyone.