Masters Running

Monday, April 18th Racing and Tracking (Read 612 times)

dg.

Go Boston Racers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

We'll all dutifully ignore our jobs and obsessively hit refresh & be with you virtually ....    you've worked so hard, enjoy the experience to the full and tell us All about it!

good luck hugs.

Thanks dg! And all with the support and cheering. I can feel all that energy across the miles! I am on the running club bus and we just got onto the Mass Pike and will be in Hopkinton in about an hour. Gorgeous full moon low in the sky and the sun making its presence known soon. Clear skies and a strong west wind! Roar

Harriet and I are about to head for the T to get to the BAA busses.  No club bus for us Smile  

Thanks for all the support, everyone!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

C-R

Run strong you Patriot's Day racers. There is a part of an old Irish blessing which has a couple of parts applicable for today - May the sun shine warm upon on your face, may the wind be gently upon your back.

Good luck all.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I don't have any time to comment or even read old posts.  Been working hard on the MI house.  But wanted to pop in and wish the Boston Runners all the Best!  Thinking of y'all from across the miles!

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Between packing, babies and some family health issues, not much time for me either these last few weeks. But I had to drop in to wish everyone running today good luck. We're running Boston vicariously through all of you, so make sure you're ready to write a full report Smile Run strong and run well!

Do we have a link where we can follow the results.   The link that I thought would work.......doesn't.

Good luck racers.  Enjoy the atmosphere and the day.

Vista

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Go Racers!!!    This is always such an exciting day!!    I'm so happy they don't have to deal with this .....

Happy to say it is a rest day for me after 6 on Saturday and 12 yesterday in gale force winds.    Not having a home computer is putting a cramp in keeping up with RAland.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                  It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Tramps

Looks like perfect weather in Boston!  Go racers!

7.2 EZ miles for me; which would have gotten me to Framingham, I believe.

Be safe. Be kind.

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Good morning from the PNW. 

Good running to all the Boston racers today.   Can't track your progress at work but, I will be looking this evening.  GO, GO, GO...

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

Mike E

MM #5615

Good Luck Boston Runners!!!!

Tramps

Useful Boston overviews, if you're watching:  Women's fieldMen's field

Be safe. Be kind.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Boston Marathon is televised on Universal Sports if you get that. I'll be watching!  and Tracking!

Swift feet!

3 Magical Healing Miles with Tory and Sadie.

2:04:40 by Mutai at Londaon Yesterday, a course record!

and Mary Keitany in her second marathon had a PR over 10 minutes and almost beat Paula Radcilff's course record! Not bad for a rookey!

With an 18 mph tail wind there may be a course record at Boston!!  How about at 2:04:XX Boston?  I'd put money on it today!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Slo

Hey All

Exciting Day !

Hi Ya Jlynne !  Right now I wouldn't be suprised if theres still snow on the grond when I get up there to Green Bay. Hopefully everything is back to a dull roar.

I totally blew last weeks training...volume wise anyway. I did get some very nice tempos and intervals in but totally blew off the other days. Including bagging my long run yesterday with only 1 hr left to go. I think I just needed a mental break.

This week the weather is going to SUCK ! Oh well...Suck it up buttercup ! Wink

I'll be hiting the refresh buttons lots today !

dg.

almost time.....     who was in charge of snacks?   are we set or should I pick up something else?

9 miles this morning on the gym track.  slow!  did a strider at the very end.