Masters Running

Monday, April 18th Racing and Tracking (Read 612 times)

Maniac 505

Kenya win's the Boston Marathon. Geoffrey Mutai in NEW COURSE RECORD of 2:03:01.

Actually, this beats the existing world record by almost a minute!!!  too bad world records don't count at Boston.  (point to point (wind assisted) and down hill.

Henrun

Congrats to all runners - sorry we only spotted CNY and a couple of other friends.  Enjoy your beer, etc.  Ribs - is Joe ok?  Henrun and Marj

Maniac 505

Lostinthenet - 30K - 3:41:04 .....

MikeE - I believe it is a 6 hour cutoff time.

Yep,  6 hours after the start of the last wave,  or 4:45 PM.  Not sure how strict they are about that though.   I think they at least give out medals long after that.

xor

Some of those huge positive splits in srlopez's list are just too painful to look at.  You know they must have been hurting big time.

yes, and tramps borrowed my list before I noticed I accidentally dropped a frequent poster from the main boards (L Train), and he had a very big positive split.  In his case, achilles trouble.  Don't know yet what happened to spaniel.  He was on track for a sub 2:45.  Lots of the others?  People decided to go for it on tailwind day and... well... sometime go for it works, and sometimes it don't.

BTW, for those who are interested.  Chuck Engle ran a 2:47 in London yesterday.  Today in Boston, he was on track for a 2:46 through 40k.  Mysteriously, he has no finish result.  Uh oh.

Edited to add: never mind.  From facebook:

<h6>Glitch at finish! I am fine. Some people will speak double negatives. I run 'em. 2:47 in London. 2:46 in Boston. Maybe we all need more trans-Atlantic flights between doubles. RUN MORE</h6>

Mike E

MM #5615

Well, I'm still holding out some hope for lostinthenet...maybe there was a chip issue...

Marathon Maniac #957

Some people will speak double negatives. I run 'em. 2:47 in London. 2:46 in Boston. Maybe we all need more trans-Atlantic flights between doubles. RUN MORE

Wow!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

That time for lostinthenet3 is for 25K and that is the one that has been there for a while now........well over an hour.

I am still thinking that unfortunately it is a DNF

Vista
                Dave59

Some people will speak double negatives. I run 'em. 2:47 in London. 2:46 in Boston. Maybe we all need more trans-Atlantic flights between doubles. RUN MORE

Wow!

Double wow.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Oh Vista, you are right ..... not looking good is it?   Sad

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Mike E

MM #5615

If he doesn't show up soon, I'm gonna go out looking for him!

No...that really stinks...I hope he's okay.

Thanks for the headup on all our runners, all you posters.  Some mighty impressive times today.  I had couple from our area that was hopng to be the first couple over 70 ever to finish Boston.  Their name are Richard and Jan Wallen.  Congrats to all and eat a hot fudge cake for me.  You guys all rock.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Wow!

+1

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Dang!  This was a busy place today!

So happy to see that  our RA peeps did so well!  Congratulations to all of you!

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike E

MM #5615

I do feel bad for lostinthenet3.  It does not look like he finished.  I just hope he's okay.  I don't suppose any of you have heard anything, have you?

Kenya win's the Boston Marathon. Geoffrey Mutai in NEW COURSE RECORD of 2:03:01.

.......I cannot comprehend that........amazing.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....