Masters Running

Thurs Oct 23 Daily (Read 469 times)

The Jogger

Morning Gang A sluggish 3 miler, a woman in work made us all a curry last night, I ate it after having ate my sarnies, god, I still haven't had breakfast. The run was uneventful TG Smile Anyway: 3m 32:52 @ 10:57 pace AHR 138 Good runs All Roy PS: Teresa, great pic of your son, no wonder you are so proud of him......
      I love curry, but no idea what a sarny is. Smile Starting to get a bit chilly here -- 34°F -- at least there was no wind this morning. What happened to the ideal running conditions? 8.2 miles, 1:09, 8:30/mi, AHR 148

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

The Jogger

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/thebestbaconsarnie_67722.shtml Now you know Lou Smile
          Starting to get a bit chilly here -- 34°F -- at least there was no wind this morning. What happened to the ideal running conditions?
          I know what you mean Lou, the conditions here have deteriorated quite rapidly! Even though it was 8 degrees warmer for my run yesterday afternoon, it was very windy and damp. It was the first time this year I had to wear an underarmour shirt along with a long sleeve outer shirt, my gloves, tights and a skull cap! BRRRRRRR Shocked The sun should be shining brightly all day today, hopefully that will warm things up a bit. I'll be looking to get in 8 miles later this afternoon - 2 warm up, 4 moderately hard, 2 warm down, I'll be looking for something like this - 8:15-7:45-7:15-7:15-7:15-7:15-7:45-8:15 - give or take. I also picked up two new pairs of Asics 2110's that our local Olypmia Sports got for me. I really love the 2110's (only $64 for both pairs) so I'll be breaking a pair of those out this afternoon to break them in for the NY Marathon. Have a great day everyone.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Good morning! 34 IS IRC Lou Smile Just a rest day to get some butterfly hugs. I had no time to post yesterday's run. 8.5 miles at 8:39 pace and then a grueling 15 hr work day with a good 8 hrs of walking. Calf feels ok. Can't figure out idf this is taper week or build-up week with the City of Oaks Marathon coming up on Nov 2nd Confused

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Morning everyone. Up at 4:30 to head out to the airport for our trip to Washington DC. Guess what - flight delay. Apparently the crew didn't get enough rest last night. Confused I could have unpacked my running shoes and gone out for a quick few miles. Now, we're delayed until 8:10 which means we miss our connecting flight out of Detroit. Hope this isn't a sign of what the rest of the trip will be like....

Marathon Maniac #3309

Morning Gang.... Way to get your 3 miler in Roy, even if it felt sluggish...you are still enjoying "the gift" regardless...yeah, what's sarnies! Chilly here too Lou at 28 degrees, and nice run for you at a good pace. The wind does make a huge difference, been real windy here with the cooler temps. Bob, your training seems to be going soo well speedy guy. Your workout are always so consistent and well thought out...good job. Steve sooo glad you are pain free, or at least getting there...15 hour workday....whew! Sorry about your delay Jlynne, just keep positive and I am sure your trip WILL be fine....now lets see a BIG smile. BTW...shirtless streak still intact Big grin Got in 5 miles last night in 35:45 - 7:09 ave pace with 4 1/2 mile repeats 1.5 mile warm up then 1/2 mile repeats... 1 - 2:56 - 5:52 pace 2 - 3:00 - 6:00 pace 3 - 3:00 - 6:00 pace 4 - 2:56 - 5:52 pace The plan was suppose to be around 6:30 pace, but you know me Roll eyes Ribs can't read words with lines through them, so he won't see this Last 1.5 miles home @ MP. Good workout and got my running "fix" in during my taper time. Hey Mary, I was just thinking. It you can't run right now, I think a good brisk walk of 30 to 45 minutes or even an hour, would do your mind good as you are going through some uncertainty right now...just food for thought. I'm sure brisk walking would be OK, and would also help with your recovery from your awesome Marathon...we are all thinking about you right now as you are very Dear to us Smile OK, can't resist...http://www.weather.com/outlook/driving/interstate/tenday/47304?from=36hr_topnav_driving With Nov 1st being race day....looks good right now Smile Funny story on my run last night. There were these 2 boys playing in their front yard. One boy had a bow and arrow and shot the other boy in the chest. The arrow was sticking straight out from his chest as he fell to the ground motionless.... I thought OMG Shocked. I as I ran up to the kiddo on the ground, he popped up laughing as the arrow was a rubber one with a suction cup on the end...I felt kinda stoopid Embarrassed Have a great day all, Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #957

SteveP said:
                  When DW and I got home, the stars seemed close enough to touch. On the eastern horizon, we saw a shooting star. DW said "Make a wish".....I thought of what she means to me and said, "It's already come true".
                  SteveP – you are such a keeper…. Smile 6.5 slow and sluggish miles for me today in 36 degrees. Happy Thursday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP said: When DW and I got home, the stars seemed close enough to touch. On the eastern horizon, we saw a shooting star. DW said "Make a wish".....I thought of what she means to me and said, "It's already come true". Hey Steve I always tell my DW that she is "My Dream Come True Girl"! Big grin A little background - I had a crush on her in high school but we never dated, she was one of my sisters best friends and we ended up going in opposite directions. Well after 21 years and a divorce for both of us, we found each other and hey you know the rest....dreams really do come true! Wink

Top 'O the World!

Just wait....we're brewing some colder weather for ya'll to run in!! "A Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 7pm Thurs.for the Eastern Colorado Plains & Western Nebraska....additional accumulations of 1"-2" of snow....
                      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                      dg.

good morning! sorry, so behind again. DickyG, I hope you stomp on he who shall not be named. wtg on your earlier triumph. Jeanne, I'm sending happy trip vibes. Mary, how are you? It's 34F here too. I've been in a real slump the last week or 2, new aches & pains (mainly shin, but piriformis is fighting for first place). Today's run was much better than Tuesday's, so I'm really relieved about that. Yesterday I took off completely, & slept in until almost 6:00 Shocked anyway, today was 5 miles, 169 ahr, 188 max, 9:45 average pace, 6:16 max. 3 small stiders. miles were 10:56, 9:29, 9:16, 9:16, & 9:30. hope you all have a great day.

Hill Runner

Good morning everyone, A cool 41F but pleasant morning to get out there for my last run before this Saturday's race. 8.03 miles of hills @ 8:44 pace with the last mile at 8:12. Everything feels good to go..even my left AT doesn't feel too bad this morning. I'll try to get to bed early tonight as I prpobably won't sleep too much tomorrow night... Smile See ya'll on Saturday! Good running to everyone.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                          Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                          Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

That was a sweet thing to say SteveP... 4 mile progression this morning 8:22 7:44 7:20 6:52 Really felt it after 2 days off...
                            Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                              biketm all I can say is boy are you fast! I have something of a cold so I am not sure if I will run today. These days I feel like the universe is conspiring against me and my hope for a PR at the NYC Marathon. Last week I had to keep off the roads for several days due to an injury. Now the injury is healed up and I am stuck inside with a cold. At least the weather here is clear and sunny if a bit cold at 34° at the moment. Those living above 3000' or north of the 49th parallel should not chime in! Smile

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Peter, best of luck this weekend! I'll be paying special attention seeing as I once was going to run down that mountain with ya. With all the "X.XX miles of hills in Y:YY" you report, you're going to kick major behind! Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong