Masters Running

A save in time.... (Read 218 times)

....there's a young woman who is posting a blog on a Boston TV station website about her efforts in training for Boston. Earlier this week, she wrote that she bought a new shirt for the race ( Shocked oh-oh) and that it is a Boston Marathon 2008 shirt ( Angry). So I sent a polite note to her (she invites emails). She posted back today, as did her coach. Thought you'd enjoy this little interchange: http://wbztv.com/trainingblog [see the 2 entries titled "An Amateur Move"] These youngsters need we Master runners still, for some things! grins, A.
    Masters 2000 miles
      How funny Amy! Way to keep that young'un on the straight and narrow. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

seemomgo

Thank goodness you saved her from herself!!! Obviously she should be on RA - she would be so much more informed!! Did you warn her about tying her jacket around her waist????? Wink
          HATE the nipple chaffing! Angry
          Personal Records 5K - 21:35
            Thanks for the link Amy! What a riot. I loved her coach's response as well. I am actually sitting in Logan airport and waiting for a flight to Atlanta. It's a gorgeous and spectacular day, but I am surrounded with cranky travelers---no parking, flight delays and jammed with vacationing families (school break week in CT this week and here in MA next week). I am actually mellow---FOR NOW! Thanks again.....the city is READY! Karin
            Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good job, Amy! I saved my friend from herself last Saturday, when she was going to wear the Austin Schlotzsky's Bun Run 5k shirt during the race. I was surprised how many people DID wear it, and also how many wore their numbers on their backs - I guess they didn't read the instructions! Karin - someone said I should ask you about your dog stories during races? I'm still mad at the woman whose dog knocked into me, and she didn't even apologize. Why do they allow people to run with dogs?? I may be a turtle, but I really am trying to go as fast as I can, and those dogs are distracting. I was about to get cranky last night, approaching JFK on the flight from Texas. We got to the gate at 11:40, and the connecting flight to Portland was supposed to leave at 11:50! Fortunately, when we got off the plane, we discovered that the SAME plane would take us on to Maine. Different than on the way down, so I'm not sure what the deal was, but we were happy.

Renee the dog

HEY HEY HEY -- people running with dogs are OK. People racing with dogs whole 'nother story! Big grin Loved the link Aamos.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Funny stuff! At least she handled the narrowly divirted disaster with class. Now somebody needs to teach her how to blow snot rockets. Big grin Or perhaps the more lady like snot fling!
                  Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM