Masters Running

40s 50s 60s+ On the Run w/e 10/21 (Read 296 times)

I have today and tomorrow, then it's back to running again Monday.  The time off has been nice.  This morning, we tackled brick planter contraption in front of the house that I have hated ever since we bought the place almost 15 years ago.  My boss was going to take the brick and concrete and dump it on parts of their ranch for fill, but when I called her this morning, he husband decided he didn't want it.  That sucked 'cause it was freaking expensive to take to the dump (over 1 ton of brick and concrete-so much for our budget), but I'm so happy it's gone!!

Before, including pre-painting:

After paint (but just the body, no trim or door done yet):

And now no planter box (but still no trim or new door paint, either. Got a ways to go re the painting.):

See the screen on the right-hand side?  Thank you, cats.  A couple of weeks ago, I was putting on the primer, the window was open, and Wilson was sitting on the ledge inside with his head sticking out the screen watching me. Roll eyes

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Church this morning, then we headed down to Singing Trees for the 18-month sobriety birthday of Shorty and pal of his he was in rehab with.  Great speaker, and with about 10 minutes left, it was opened up to anyone who wanted to talk.  Paul talked first, then Shorty.  He shared some things that, of course, made me cry, but not in a bad way.  Maybe one day it'll stop being such an emotional thing for me, but for now some issues are still in the healing stages.  I'm just so grateful to have a sober husband, a happy husband.  The change in our lives has been indescribable.

Okay - off to transcribe ~

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance