Masters Running

40s On the Run - Hi! (Wk Ending 10/19/08) (Read 424 times)

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. Mornin', Folks! Wide awake at 6:30. . . . nice . . . Arla - Have fun on that run. Although I agree that drinking wine while running is Dead. Farmer Jim - Great pics. That looks like a fun race - even with sketchy characters along the way. Jewels - Good luck with the speech. Does your daughter sit at the back of the class and make funny faces trying to make you laugh? Big grin Hi-Dee Ho to everyone else. Gonna spend the day with Pops, go see a movie. Later!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

shoiuleda loked,,,,,Jusr peking in...cant typ...done. done.edone.....aawwkd! oh, dringing bers now! Doug: (turd!) HONEBEIN, DOUGLAS Bib #2242 M M40-44 LITTLETON , CO 80124 Overall Rank Class Rank Pace Sex Rank Age Gun Final Final 1040 of 1719 119 of 172 00:10:09 690 43 04:30:26.05 04:25:58 had ankle issues = lotsa walking 2nd half.... HONEBEIN, CINDY Bib #521 F F45-49 LITTLETON , CO 80124 Overall Rank Class Rank Pace Sex Rank Age Gun Final Final 1707 of 1719 42 of 44 00:13:52 678 46 06:08:06.9 06:03:38 (beat the Grimm Sweepers - just barely!)
      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

jfa

Way to Go Cindy and Doug!!! Can't wait to hear about it! Leslie- Great Guts in your Race for you and your report was very well written. Jim- Nice pics! Looks like a nice soft place to run. Chilly and windy weekend of running for me out on the trails Sat for 6.2m Buddy's favorite place! "Disguised" in work clothes Sunday morning, ditched Buddy and did a blustery 16.2m by the ocean.

flatland mountaineer

Congrats on the finish Cindy, ya got one under yur belt now, congrats to Doug also, LOL on the nickname. Hope the ankle is ok. Arla I'd have to stay another day after the vineyard run to go sample all the products being the wino I am. I took several finish pics at the Pumpkin Race and both pics of JB were identical with that high kick but he did sprint the finish and yes went and puked after. Just a little bit he said. Smile Leslie nicely written report, I am definitly slower when its that cold and also have a hard time starting slow enough as I want to pick up the pace just to warm up faster. Great job persevering. Hope you had a good day with your dad. Jewels sounds like class with your dd is a hoot. Carol nice time in your 5 k, steady improvement in mileage, times and no injuries. Smile Hoping your clients treat you well this week Kelly. Hey to Joe and Ev and everyone else lurking out there. Inspired by Lynda's run yesterday I did an easy 4.1 around our home section, half trail half county road, got into a little mud, some really soft sand, and rolling sandhills by our pasture. Ran in my La Sportiva Sonics and got along well. I could have gone farther and really wanted to but now is my time to get healthy. Jonathan told me yesterday he has seen a tendency for running shops to put you in a little more stabilty than you actually need. Still searching for dry enough corn to harvest when we usually are in the heat of it by now. Its that way over the entire corn belt this year, wet spring and lack of heat units this summer. I really don't like picking corn in November as the weather can get really bad. Hoping this is one of those years we stay open and warm til Christmas as we might need it. My one truck driver goes to the orthropod tommorow for his knee. My reserve driver and good neighbor that drives most of the summer for me lost his mother to complications following surgery this morning in Greeley. She was 90 and did not suffer long. My other driver is a state road foreman that takes vacation time to help me and checking yesterday still good to go, thank goodness!! Snow in the forecast for next week, yuk. MTA, Joe we musta been posting at the same time, I still laugh when you put work clothes on to "ditch" Buddy, the ocean looks a little angry today!!

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Cindy and Doug - Way to go!! Woo hoo!! Will be waiting patiently for fashion reports, etc. Joe - I echo Jim - Cracked up when you talked about donning your disguise to ditch Buddy. Poor doggy!! I absolutely love his ears. Smile Great ocean pics. Do you run in the sand or on a trail next to it? Farmer Jim - Here's hoping the weather cooperates and you have enough drivers. Spent the afternoon with my dad, and toward the end we had the ever popular "financial talk." This role reversal thing sucks. I try very hard to not sound like "the parent," but on the other hand, I am really worried about him. He's promised to pull things together so he and I can sit down and go over it all. It's not much, but what little there is, I need to know the in's and out's. I tell ya what - it just makes me want to do even more to ensure The Hub and I have a financial secure future since we have no kids. . . . . . although my niece, her fiance, The Hub, and I all get along really well. Hmmmmm . . . Wink 'Nite, all. Sleepy

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Way to go Cindy.......you stuck it out and kept moving. I'd take a 6 hr. marathon time any day. If your ankles weren't giving you problems you would have been way ahead of the sweeper. You should feel great about your first marathon. How did your hip hold up? Doug is an awesome runner. What a fabulous race he had. His pace was outstanding. Can't wait to read the RR! Another congrats to Carol and her mom for their speedy race this weekend. You have a great pace with those 5 and 10k's. Keep up the great work. I just peeked at your pet sitting website. Not taking on new clients? Wow, you must be busy! Love the pics Joe......I echo what Leslie asked, do you run on the beach or along the beach? Almost any trails around here are super sandy. 2 to 3 inches of sand. Very hard to run thru. Great workout tho! Way to go on the miles your still putting in! Glad you were inspired by Lynda's race and you went out for a nice run. Snow in the forecast? Leslie, sounds like you had a nice day with your dad. Does he live in the same town as you? Quickie 3 this morning before work! Jewels
              But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
                Howdy, Folks ~ Jewels - My dad lives about half an hour away. We did have a nice time. Unfortunately, we don't get to spend much time together, mostly because of his work schedule (graveyard 9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.). The only day he's available is Sunday, which is also the only day The Hub and I have off together. You know those days when you would just like to set the clock back about 12 hours or so and start all over? It's only 9:40 a.m. here, and I'm already wishing I could do that. Sometimes the day becomes a stinker with the sounding of the alarm. Oh well . . . Roll eyes Later!

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Ya, I wish I could back the clock up just 30 minutes......then maybe I wouldn't have eaten those 2 brownies! Undecided Jewels

jfa

Leslie- to answer your question about the beach, I do run on it when I can but yesterday was on the road by the side. If the beach isn't that slanted (it is now cause of some storms) I'll go on the sand often.Here's yesterday's route with plenty of north wind on the way out; beach run

saltyd

Hi All, Well I'm still doing well out here in the hot desert of Arizona. My surgery seems to have been a success. I went out yesterday and enjoyed a littel cooler weather, but it still gets too hot by midday. Work has been keeping me busy, along with putting on a women's weekend up in the mountains last month. Then it was such a success, we decided to put another one on next year. This time we're going to go back to Oregon. Then last week I had to go for Grand Jury Duty. And lo and behold, I was picked as a juror. Grand jury duty lasts 4 months. 4 months of going to the court downtown twice a week, on Wednesdays and Fridays. I know very little about how the Grand jury works, but we get a nice 5 hour video on the court system on Wednesday. Oh, how I'm looking forward to that. Sleepy Maybe if I say the right or would it be the wrong thing, I'll get excused. Well, it gets me out of the office bs twice a week. As for my work outs, I'm still having a hard time with motivation and getting back to a regular schedule. So I just keep working on that. It will come back, and it will be wonderful. Cool Salty
                      Saltyd Life isn’t about waiting for the storms to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.
                        Cindy...YOU DID IT!!!!!! Wooohhoooo Smile. Way to go. Time to find someone to give YOU a massage or four. Oh, and Doug did OK too Wink Nice race and pics for Lynda! That just looks like fun...running through the fields w/ pumpkins and various ghoulies. Salty, glad you're doing well and good luck w/ that jury duty. Wish I had more time to shout out individually to everyone, but trying to be more disciplined w/ my work time so it doesn't spill over into so much of the evening. Yep, Jewels, I had to turn down the drip on the pet sitting. Acct. job is 40+ hours/week, and hub and I are really involved in our fledgling church, so something had to give. It's the first time we have ever both liked a church well enough to really get involved. Good run this morning, and starting to entertain thoughts of the Cowtown 1/2. Yeah, I know...you will believe it when you see it. Maybe if Jewels signed up for one too... Wink. Seriously, no pressure, that's what I love about this group. Supportive no matter where we are on the running continuum. Good runs, rests, and recoveries to each of you!
                        Progress Trumps Pefection

Top 'O the World!

Hey! finally got my novel published here grab acoupla drinks -it's 5 O'clock somewhere.... Wink oh wait! Arla's bringing the wine! to go w/my "cheese!" Big grin Joe: can I come & run w/Buddy? I like his place! but I suspect it's getting fewer leaves these days....& that beach needs a bonfire! Laughing about the "changing clothes to ditch Buddy!" you should've seen poor Mairead Sunday morning! Cry Jim: tell Lynda congrats! looks like a really nice & fun run! and good luck to you both w/the harvest & the markets!! Shocked ....been having that same chat w/a few folks about the stability shoes...?? WUWT? the price is the same! Leslie: thanks for starting us off...WHERE do you find some of your quotes?!?! I know, kinda got to the same position w/my folks...handled Dad's estate...& now having those "talks" w/Mom Roll eyes Anybody notice how many "quickies" Jewels gets to have?? Evil grin Big grin Carol: I'll support you! I have fresh cowbells!!! & I'll bring the brownies...that'll get Jewels signed up! Wink Hey Kelly!! How's it coming? I gotta move now...butt's turning to lead from all the computer time.... Dead
                          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                            Cindy - Will give your report the looksee tonight. And poor Mairead! "Mom, Dad! where' you going?? Why can't I go??" You gotta find a doggie marathon. Carol - Anything with "Cow" in the title has to be fun. Jewels - I could use a brownie . . . or 10 . .. right now. Salty - Nice to hear from you, and glad surgery appears to have worked. We'll keep the motivational vibes flowing your way re the running. Talked to one of my bosses this a.m. about my dad. My boss is extremely knowledgeable re finances and I trust his judgment. If Dad is agreeable, I'm going to have him help us figure out the best avenue to protect what little Dad has and maybe try to reduce some of his monthly expenses. He's not in dire straights (yet), but we need a plan for "just in case." It probably doesn't help that I'm totally MSing (as opposed to PMSing) this week (sorry, male posters!), and for some reason I'm a total head case this time around. I hate it when that happens. I'm eating apples like they're going out of style trying to stay away from the candy, which keeps calling my name. Evil grin

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Yes, I have been getting in alot of "quickies" lately. As a matter of fact, they are so quick, even my husband doesn't know about them! Big grin 65 freaking degrees this morning! Woohoo......sadly no time for a run. Hi Ho Hi Ho it's off to work I go! Will check out Cindy's RR when I get to work......... Hang in there Leslie with that PMS or MS or whatever it is that's gettin' to ya. Go ahead and have a brownie, just not 10. That plate of brownies at work better be gone when I get in this morning.... Jewels

Top 'O the World!

Hey! hangin out here bein' a a bum this am...have good coffee, but no brownies...., but I do have this stack of bananas left from the race tent....bet I could whip up some banana bread later....would be good for me (I think) to walk over to the grocery store for some eggs anyway....If I go the "long way" I could get two miles out of it.....ice & ibuprofen are doing wonders...I can walk on it - somewhat slowly, but it's just "not right"... Undecided I could go spend the $$ for an x-ray/mri...not that a Dr could actually do anything for me...logic suggests just treat it as if it's something like a stress fracture for now...give it time, rest, ice, etc.... Poor Mairead! she's staying pretty glued to my hip!! Doug took her out for about a 30 min walk yesterday...