Masters Running

March 6 Fridays Follies (Read 461 times)

Slo

Good Morning.....Good Day Masters Happy Fish Burps to fellow supplement takers. I had a nice easy 6.65 mile in 65 deg sunny weather last night ! Hardly broke a sweat. Followed that up by cooking some Brats on the grill. Hit the pool this morning and now I have got a belly full of air. Trying to learn Bi-Lateral Breathing.......I think I took half the pool home with me.
    Tramps

Thanks for starting, Slo-hand. This really has been a crazy week weather-wise. Monday: 8 inches of new snow and ice. Friday: temps in the 60s. We’ll be in the mid-70s over the weekend. Shocked Had a good chuckle at yesterday's license plate posts. Speaking of plates…my truck’s plate number is ZKL2453. It’s not a vanity plate and it doesn’t mean anything. However, I’ve twice had people come up and ask about the Biblical verse I’m referencing in my “Ezekiel” plate. Roll eyes They seemed so disappointed… Smile Easy 5.2 miles today.

Be safe. Be kind.

Hill Runner

Good morning guys, It was about 60F here yesterday afternoon and I've never seen so many "runners" coming out of the woodwork. Smile A sunny 45F & IRC ...I didn't need a headlamp this morning. I had a great run today....I fantasized that I was Ryan Hall running the last mile in Boston. In my dreams..... Big grin 10.52 miles of hills @ 8:57 pace. Good running everyone!

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
        Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
        Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Morning SLO and Tramps (and all of the other folks who are still sleeping). SLO - I just took my fish capsules, so the burps have yet to begin this morning. It's only a matter of time........ I didn't see an invitation to share those brats. I'd have to clear several inches of snowo off my deck and grill at this point in order to grill brats. Erika - nice 10.5 mile run in spite of the snow and ice - sounded like it was a great run. The hen turkey on our campus has made friends during the last few months. I almost tripped over her as I was going to work out this morning. Someone is leaving goodies (corn, peanuts, etc) outside the entrance that I use in the morning. There are turkey tracks all along the building where she paces and looks in the windows. 7 easy miles on the treadmill this morning. Looking like prime weather for a long run tomorrow - it's about time! Good runs and a good weekend to all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Teresadfp

One day at a time

4.5 miles on the Y indoor track this morning. WOW, that place was crowded! The track was like a highway. There was an elderly man doing some kind of speed workout. He would walk very slowly for awhile, and then SPRINT, literally brushing us as he went around corners. I meant to run more, but it was too annoying. Oh, well, that's 4 days in a row for me, so I'm encouraged. Maybe we'll get outside next week!! Off to see DS16 run the 4x800 relay and the two-mile at the New England meet in Boston. He wants to break 2:00 in the 800 (PR by 3 seconds) and 9:30 in the two-mile (PR by 6 seconds). It will help that he's not running the mile as he does at regular season meets. He's decided that he needs to up his training volume and intensity. We told him he needs to talk to his coach to come up with a plan. Have a great weekend! We're meeting DH's sister at the meet and then staying at her house in Brookline.
            stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hi Teresa--wave as you go by Portsmouth and Wakefield. Promise I'll wave back Smile Good luck to DS. I take 2 fish oil capsule 3 times a day and I have yet to get an after taste. DD just started taking codliver capsules and says she can taste them after.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Slo

Hi Teresa--wave as you go by Portsmouth and Wakefield. Promise I'll wave back Smile Good luck to DS. I take 2 fish oil capsule 3 times a day and I have yet to get an after taste. DD just started taking codliver capsules and says she can taste them after.
                Hi Stumpy I was in Portsmouth.......Pronounced Portsmith many many years ago. Gorgeous town ! My DW loved the shops. The resturants were fantastic !

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Fish burps? Well, we did have fresh Bluegill for dinner last night ..... so I guess I qualify. Wink Out for 12 balmy miles this morning. 11:30 avg. pace - 162 avg. HR. Now I'm off to fill the rest of the day with my daughter at the mall - have a little lunch and enjoy the day. Cheers!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                  It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Mariposai everybody's a comedian! Oy Vay . . . Tongue Lesson from yesterday: I should never get in an acronym contest with anybody on this board! Me? I am trying to see if I can hold out until 9am for breakfast with the guy picking me up this morning. What is so tough about waiting until 9 for breakfast? This is the west coast and my stomach is on east coast time and I woke up at 7am EST. I am starving! Alas, I suspect I have the necessary reserves to make it and then some. Sad I hope everybody is having a great day and a great set of runs!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #3309

Morning Gang, Short on time right now, sooo 6 miles last night - 9:05 super easy pace - ran with my Tri Gal Friend again....and no shenanigans Big grin Should be a good weekend to run, as temps are supposed to be around 70 degrees Smile Slo, I never could get the hang of Bi-Lateral Breathing, no matter how much I worked at it...I finally gave up trying. But I never swam at all till I started racing Triathlons - I guess about 5 years ago - and I self taught myself to swim. Have a great TGIF everyone! I am really looking forward to this weekend....been stressed a lot lately with work, and personal issues. TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Sue – you’ll have to look out for turkey chicks in the coming weeks. Mary – nice run! Twocat – I can never wait that long for breakfast (unless I’m out running). Maybe a small snack while you wait? Timbo – here’s hoping you have a wonderfully pleasant and relaxing weekend. Smile I did my favorite lower body workout last night, to distance it from tomorrow’s LR, so this morning it was 3 easy-paced miles on the TM (10:20), followed by superman lifts, dumbbell curls, flies, lying hammer curls, dumbbell presses, lateral raises, and stability ball crunches. Tonight DD goes to an overnight “Girls Night Out” at her gymnastics/swim school. There will be open gym, open swim, tie-dying and other activities. Sounds like a blast, but I was worried that my 6-year-old might be too young for an overnight. Not my fearless DD, though. I expect I’ll miss her more than she misses me. Sad I decided to take advantage of DD’s absence to spend some quality time with DS, so he and I are going to the new bowling alley nearby to shoot pool, something he’s wanted to do for a long time. I know, not exactly “high-brow” entertainment, but that’s how we roll.... Big grin Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks, Kevin, I'll wave! We live in North Yarmouth, Maine, so it's always fun to hear people "from away" try to pronounce it. Falmouth is even funnier - they say, "foul-mouth!" Holly, that sounds like fun! Every time we go bowling or play pool, I say we should do it more often. Cheap, fun entertainment.
                          Slo

Morning Gang, Slo, I never could get the hang of Bi-Lateral Breathing, no matter how much I worked at it...I finally gave up trying. But I never swam at all till I started races Triathlons - I guess about 5 years ago - and I self taught myself to swim. TimBo
                            I'm having a hard time with it. I want to get it down for a couple of reasons. A.) When I'm doing my endurance swims I don't need to breath every stroke on my right side but I can't make every other. This forces me to take a breath every stroke. As you know, the more you can keep your head down the faster you are. B.) It's seems like most Tri's I do the bouys are on my non breathing side. Like you, I'm self taught too. When I first started swimming I never imagined that it would become something that I enjoy so much. Holly, sounds like fun. My DW and I used to spend hours shooting pool.......something we haven't done in a long time.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

I agree with Tramps.. what a wierd week. My body was frozen Wednesday with 16° and tomorrow I race in 60° (on the way for a high of 75) which will also feel uncomfortable. This morning, sunny and warm 55F with breezes. 4 miles in 33:44 (8:26 pace) including 2 Magical Healing Miles with Tory 9:15, 9:14 one race prep mile 7:05 and a cooldown mile 8:09.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

dg.

good morning all, Slo_hand & Sue... I'm fish burp free with krill oil. Sue, how funny you have a turkey looking in your windows. Smile. Twocat, focus on your breathing. I was 'sent home' early from work yesterday because I felt carpy. (carpy has issues). Hoping it just goes, away, probably will. Anyway... I didn't go to the gym this morning & slept in till about 5:30. But (hold on, here comes the exciting part), I ran outside in our neighborhood for the first time in a very long time.... I've avoided it mainly because it's so hilly, & I've yet to get my assorted body parts healed enough to handle it. Right now they're even worse than usual, I'm 'not running'. But there was NO way I could resist 56F & 72% humidity. It was only 3.67 miles, & slow... was careful. Polar (just got it fixed) said 10:53 overall pace, the miles were 13:55, 10:04, 9:50, last part at 9:47. Not sure about the 13:55. At any rate, I think it was ok! Maybe I'm not as bad as I thought. Big grin. I was starting to get a little nervous, this latest bout has seemed endless. I know 3.67 is nothing but it's the longest in 3 weeks & did I mention it was hilly? Wink. (sorry to go on so long. didn't know how happy this made me till I started to type. ) Best part, or at least tied for best, is that I have a happy Doggy. She knew I was going to take her.. I have no idea how. When I'm getting ready & headed to the gym, she goes in her crate.