Masters Running

Sunday's Daily, 12.14.14 (Read 27 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Good luck today, WC!

C-R, congrats to Patrick and his team.

Nice runs and rides yesterday, and nice bargain shopping by Holly. Bummer about DD's bb team though.

We think we got rid of the bat last night, by opening the top of the dutch door in our bedroom when we heard it fluttering around. It either went outside or somewhere else in the house. However, we didn't hear it any more, so our vote is for outside.

I got up a little late this morning, but was still out the door at 4:45. It was 30F with a bit of a northwesterly breeze, and a half moon peeking through the loose cloud cover. Despite the fact that my Garmin read 70% charged when I went to bed last night, it ran out of juice somewhere along the way this morning - not the first time that has happened. So I had to go onto MapMyRun to figure out that I went 13.4 RW miles. It was a good workout, and I would have liked to have seen my splits, but they are lost. Since it is hard to get my 5 year-old Garmin to charge, and it clearly doesn't hold a charge all that well, maybe it's time to replace it. My foot is a little sore now because, I think, I had my shoe laced a bit too tight for the workout. Feels like a slight bruise that will go away.

Have a greta Sunday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

janie b good

Hi Jay!  Good morning to everyone else as they arrive!

3.30 t'mill miles.

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

Slo

Hey All

It's a working weekend for me...I plan on getting out of here in the next hour. Just in time to watch some football.

I ran a very enjoyable 11 miles this morning. Just ran, no route...just where the spirit led spirit led me. I needed a run like that...for several reasons. Tomorrows run should be of a workout variety though.

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay - If you are happy with the model of Garmin you have, you can send it in and they will send you a refurbished Garmin for about $75 (at least that is what it cost me a year or so ago to exchange my 305.

Good morning Janie and Slo and happy running.

14.5 miles for me today in 43 degrees.  This felt so difficult - I feel very out of shape for long running these days.  How quickly you lose fitness.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Nice runs so far this morning!!

I ran the Somerville Jingle Bell 5k - so much fun!!  Felt like I was running strong but my time was actually a little slower than last year and a minute behind my PR.  Ran consistent and had a great time so to me it's a win win!!  This race has an uphill start, some small rolling hills and a long hill at the end of the 3rd mile as opposed to my PR race this summer that started with an uphill then was pancake flat the rest of the route!!

7:43, 7:43, 7:50, 7:05 (.17)  Saw Robin after the finish but she was looking for her sister's son - hope they found him quickly!!

Happy Sunday!!

denise

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

perfect day for anyone running in the PNW this morning.

Started out somewhat foggy and chilly in the high thirties under a misty moon but, now that the sun's out, it's climbing into the low fifties for anyone finishing a 50K run or something about now, or sittin' in the stadium a couple of blocks away waiting for a certain football game.

Unfortunately, I'm neither but a workin' weekender too.

Fortunately, it's for a New Year's trip to Japan,.

yippeeee.  banzai.

ganbare!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Dave59

Ran 7.3 yesterday but nothing today. The Bills just beat the Packers and are now 4-0 against the wussy NFC North.

Marathon Maniac #957

Ran consistent and had a great time so to me it's a win win!! 

I agree, but it looks pretty darn fast, too - nice job!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

Nice run, Denise. They look really fast to me too.

Tetsujin, great news about your trip to Japan. Do you need a translator? Any chance you will see Mike and Sue Rasmussen?.

Jay, it seems like you had a lovely half moon run. It was too cloudy here this morning to see la luna.

Janie, good for being good and doing a TM run. Great to see you here again.

Slo-, your run today sounded to idyllic.  I enjoy those types of runs too.

Well, I did not run yesterday at all, the day was full of jingle bells job race directing, cleaning, decorating and cooking a few things, then going to a parade in a fancy car waving my hands at people as the Omak City of the Year. A fun experience to say the least. I am honored by the award, but the work is not done, there is still so much to be done. After the parade I threw myself a nice little party at our house. A few friends, I made my favorite appetizers to celebrate the occasion. Today I did run 17 miles with some wave miles at MP pace. I was thinking of Spareribs as I was doing the faster miles.

Mustang Sally, how are you sistahh. Is the foot feeling better?

Holly, I am feeling so out of long distance shape as well.

I see that Erika is having a blast in NYC.

Cheers and good will to all.

Posie.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

then going to a parade in a fancy car waving my hands at people as the Omak City of the Year. A fun experience to say the least.

Felicitar Nancita - especially, is this like the one that photoraphed you in the tropical leaves some time ago. You're the queen of everything.

ps - mikemp and sue are in between Tokyo and Osaka where I'll be so maybe a stop along the way will work out for a huge meal of delicious Japanese food, especially with so many restaurants featuring so many different kinds of fish I love, . . . I mean a stop might work out for a run or something.

Another beautiful, sunny day in the PNW in case anyone got out for a run around here today.  lucky.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

C-R

Well done everyone.

I like that type of run Slo. Should do those more often and "smell the roses" so to speak.

Got 3.1 in tonight on the tm just to get the legs moving after our 11 1/2 hour return drive. Great time in SC but oh my that's a haul. Worth every minute for the enjoyment on the kids face.

Well off to do some work and watch the Cowboys and Eagles.

Cheers.

BTW - anyone hear from Amy? I'm behind but wondered if she's ok.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

C-R--she resurfaced on FB last week.  She sprained her ankle somewhere around the half way and waddled (her term, not mine) the rest of the way.

I made it off the couch this morning and did my first run in over three weeks.  3.1 miles around the lake in better time than I expected.  Thought I might have overdressed, but then I turned and ran into the wind and was happy with what I had on.

Nice race Deez--seems fast to me.

Getting picked up at 5:30am tomorrow for a drive to south Jersey and yet another startup for the rest of the week.  We shall see if any running ensues.  Then I'm off until the 2nd.  Still carrying over 40 hours with 14 that I'm hoping to get paid for.  Need to take more time off in the summer next year.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  Anybody hear how wildchild did?  I haven't checked Facebook yet, maybe there's something over there.

It has been a very busy weekend of Christmas shopping...but I got a whole lot done.

I didn't run yesterday and I almost talked myself out of running today because Eric was over but he said he'd bike along with me so we went for a 10 miler in the 50o foggy weather.  I really had a fun time talking to him as he rode along beside of me.

That's about it.  I'm sure not looking forward to work tomorrow, but I sure am glad I have work to go to tomorrow.  See ya!

wildchild

Carolyn

Deception Pass was absolutely gorgeous!  And tough, although probably because my training wasn't what I would have liked.  Anyway, I finished in 7:12:49.  I forgot my camera - duh - but there were race photographers on the course, so I'll post a picture if there are any good ones.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

good job carolyn, . . .

and good job on the weather too.

Come back soon.