Masters Running

Another Missoula Marathon Report (Read 357 times)

xor

For those of you who have never read my reports, you are hereby warned that they are outrageously long compared to most. I hope you find it interesting, entertaining, and perhaps the meaning of life. http://srlopez-maniac111.blogspot.com/2008/07/71308-missoula-marathon.html Links to reports for approximately 100 other races from the past two years can be found here: http://moostronaut.blogspot.com

#artbydmcbride

Nice report! As usual. Smile

Runners run

huskydon

srlopez, great report! sounds like a wonderful race too. you did real well, and sounds like you had a great time. huskydon

Maniac 505

running's easy he says. OK, taken in context, I guess so. Robert, thanks for posting that, I always like your race reports. If you like Missoula, come a few miles north to Whitefish in September. and glad to hear you met my buddy Rachel. Ok, not really a buddy not even an aquaintance but a co-worker is her landlord, (does that count for anything?) Dave
          arf

MM #405

Reading your RR's are always worth it Smile ...and you are waaay over due for a cheek pinching mister! Congrats on a sweet race! arf

Head Procrastinator

<waving> Good to see you posting! Still sad I didn't get to meet you in Eugene</waving>
              ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
              xor

Hello ileneD. Thanks huskydon. Hi Dave. I'd like to do Two Bear, but I can't this year because it is on a no-travel weekend. If I do anything, it'll be the new local Harvey Manning 50k (the what? See the maniac calendar). Hi arf. My cheeks are already rosy red, thank you. Hi hally. Eugene was fun and I PRed. Didn't know to look for you! duckgeek had tried to contact me in advance, but he was writing to an email account that I don't use anymore.

Marathon Maniac #957

For those of you who have never read my reports, you are hereby warned that they are outrageously long compared to most. I hope you find it interesting, entertaining, and perhaps the meaning of life.
                  Interesting, yes, entertaining, yes, meaning of life, welllllllll...maybe not. Smile Excellent report and interview - nice racing and kudos for raising cancer awareness - great job!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I'll go read it soon. I read your Eugene report. I recall you had a gruesome gu experience similar to mine, or maybe that was someone else. I got ya bookmarked, so keep running! Smile

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Really interesting to read another runner's perspective on the race. Not sure I would describe the run through town as "shady" though! Felt pretty sunny to me despite the trees. Glad you had a good time. It is a nice town and they put on a good race. I too hope to return to run it again some day.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

xor

Really interesting to read another runner's perspective on the race. Not sure I would describe the run through town as "shady" though! Felt pretty sunny to me despite the trees. Glad you had a good time. It is a nice town and they put on a good race. I too hope to return to run it again some day.
                        Smile Shady as compared to the same set of miles last year. Much more exposed M20-M24 last year. But yes, still sunny. I agree.

Head Procrastinator

Hello ileneD. Thanks huskydon. Hi Dave. I'd like to do Two Bear, but I can't this year because it is on a no-travel weekend. If I do anything, it'll be the new local Harvey Manning 50k (the what? See the maniac calendar). Hi arf. My cheeks are already rosy red, thank you. Hi hally. Eugene was fun and I PRed. Didn't know to look for you! duckgeek had tried to contact me in advance, but he was writing to an email account that I don't use anymore.
                          Well crap, DG and Econo both had lovely after parties and we had dinner at a restaurant the night before. Next time I am in the PNW I am hunting you down Big grin
                          ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

me too, . . . although I have seen you on some of the local out-and-backs, with your new maniac name and e-mail I've missed to say nothing of your doing 65 marathons and ultras in 30 states in 12 months including four in four days and 11 in one month and still PR after PR, no wonder it's been hard to find you in-between times. I might have to take a double early start but maybe I'll get to see you on the out-and-back to Corral Pass in the White River 50 Mile Endurance Run this weekend.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

I enjoyed reading your RR and a few of your previous ones as well while I was at it ! I also realized I passed you a couple of times running in the opposite direction at one of the Lake Youngs runs in June and must have crossed paths as well during those 12 hours at the Redmond Watershed . I'll have to skip White River this week end, but hopefully will make the Tunnel Marathon and I'll make sure to make myself known if I see you there! Francesca #985
                              xor

Hi Francesca. Yes, we did see each other at WP12. I know who you are Smile, though I didn't quite know that "Francesca" was/is the same person as "Franc59". I wasn't wearing pink at the June LYU nor at WP12... maniac colors instead. I'll definitely see you at Tunnel, but I might have mummy legs if I do the Blanchard 33 miler the day before. I'll be in maniac red or yellow at Tunnel. Too bad you won't be at White River. Hi Jon! See you Saturday!