Masters Running

Sunday, January 25 Runs and Whatnots... (Read 382 times)

evanflein

Wakey Wakey everyone! What's up with ME starting the thread on a Sunday?? Ha... with a non-running post even. Well sort of a non-running post. Just heard from Breger that he ran a good race at the Miami Half, with a 1:46:30 something, but not a PR. Details to follow.

Hill Runner

Good morning Erika, I was waiting for you to post. Smile Henrun & Marj...nice runs yesterday. You are an inspiration to all of us. 13.13 miles of hills @ 9:10 on a beautiful morning to run...35F and cloudy. Good runs to everyone today.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
      Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
      Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

5.9 for me this morning, and that's after 10.2 yesterday, to bring my weekly mileage to 28.1 - woo hoo! I will reach 100 this month, and I will reach 1000 for the year - yes I will! Happy Sunday runs to all. Off to church.
        Mariposai

Something is wrong here.........ERIKA, our Snow Queen starting this thread??????? Roll eyes I have been off line for the last couple of day. Much fun in the sun. San Diego has amazing beaches... ideal for running. It is going to be hard for me to go back to my snowy mountain home Cry. Man, I love the sand and the sol. Saturday:9@sunset; incl 5x1000 and 1x800m at the beach (this is were my garmin is my best girlfriend) Sunday: 5 eazy @ sunrise......absolutely magical. Conference is until noon today, then I am planning to take a taxi to visit old San Diego and Balboa Park. Great news about Breger's HM......good job my friend. Much to read to catch up here, but ain't going to happen until today. Have a great day you all.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Thanks Erika! Hi Mariposai! dawndaughter1 and her husband are looking at San Diego for their post-docs - starting in around a year. I have a feeling we will be frequent visitors if we want to see much of this baby. San Diego RnR in 2010 anyone? The long runs are starting to get, well, long. Here are the stats: 15° at the start, 25° at the finish. 17.0 miles in 2:50:47 over hilly terrain with fast(er) finish 10:02 overall Miles 1-12, 10:20 pace Miles 13-17, 9:18 pace (9:42, 9:18, 8:57, 8:55, 9:40) I'm pretty OK with that. Now I'm looking forward to a relaxing afternoon around the house.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Hi everyone, Got cold here in Virginia Beach got a 6 mile jog on the boardwalk...legs were dead from yesterday's race, Dead Karl

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

thanks for the breeger update.. sounds good! Nice sunset and sunrise runs Mari! sounds beautiful! PDR.. they are getting log.. nice job! Fussy.. you WILL hit 100 nd 1000 that's the attitutude! I headed out for a 17 miler but felt so good at the end added 2 more and still felt greta so added another mile. Total 20.4 miles in 2:59:45 (8:49 pace, AHR 144) The trails were nice with the muddy areas still a bit frozen. It was 32°F the whole time. Took Tory for the first 2.2 miles.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Renee the dog

3 recovery miles for me this morning by myself. Renee is still sulking. Cry Since the 12 yesterday was the most she's ever done, we figured we'd give her a day off. She was not amused. Undecided

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Tramps

Busy weekend, so I’ll have to catch up tomorrow. I didn’t run Friday to give my shin a rest. Turns out that didn’t help at all. I went out on Saturday and it was more stiff and tight than ever. After about 3 miles it loosened up and I was able to run normally. So Saturday I ran 10 @ 8:20. Today I decided to give the shin a break by avoiding big hills and the uneven surfaces of dirt roads. Sticking to paved flat/rolling hills and running comfortably by feel I ended up with 20 @ 8:20 (exact same pace as yesterday). Same deal today: tight at the start, loosening up after 2-3 miles and getting no worse during the run. As long as I can run and it's not getting worse, I’m not complaining. Have a good one.

Be safe. Be kind.

xor

Last night, I went to a friend's house and experienced the goofiness of "Rock Band" (kinda like "Guitar Hero") for the first time. And maybe only time. I have a huge Rock Band hangover this morning. Seriously. I only drank one beer early in the evening, and today I feel like the morning after a serious bender. I blame a combination of really loud bad music and too much staring at bright colors for a long time. Plus, Rock Band (or more specifically "Rock Band 2") reinforced that my knowledge of music seems to have ceased between 1995 and 1998. Lots of the songs that people wanted to try just made me say "?". I put myself through college playing in two bands. And I sucked ROYALLY at this game. Oh. I might run today.

King of PhotoShop

Erika, thanks for the news about Bill. looking forward to hearing his report. Perch, I like that, 20 miles in about 3 hours, just right. PDR has the workout of the day with the improved splits though. What a good sign. Butterfly, good job. The Saint and I got up early and went to the lake. I did another 9-miler and felt very comfortable at 9:42 or thereabouts. She did 10 at around the same pace. I am very happy for her. We just got back from the local diner where we had a monster late breakfast. ("Dinner in the diner, nothing could be finer, than to have your ham and eggs in Carolina....") Spareribs
                          Nice runs all, but look at Steve -- he couldn't stop! Beerger -- very well done! SR - it's good to see your consistency and steadily increasing mileage. For me, 18.2 miles, 2:39:48, 8:47/mi, AHR 145, progression targets 5@9:30, 8@9:05, 5@8:40, actual pace(HR) 9:22(136), 8:53(144), 8:06(155). This was a PR week for me, 57.8 miles. I guess I'd better put my stuff on the 40/40 thread...

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

just popping in to say HI!! recovering from surgery is slow and annoying!! i just wrote a long reply and when i hit post i realized i wasn't logged in and lost it!! grrrrrrrrr -- don't have the patience to retype but know that i am thinking of all you and can't wait to be posting runs again - 1 week down 5 to go!! happy trails and good week to all!!

denise

As Karl mentioned, it is cold today in VB. I had planned to run a 13 mile wave run but knew as soon as I woke up that it would not be happening today. I stayed up too late last night and didn't drink enough water so the combination of too little sleep and likely dehydration meant the probability of doing just a GA 13 miler. As it turned out, I had no sproink for a wave run but felt good enough to do a 15 miler in 1:58. Like Lou, this was a high week for me - 57 miles - and I think I will need to stick here for a few weeks to get the sproink back. Harriet and Lou, congrats on the grandbaby! Mari, I have been to San Diego only once on a business trip but we stayed in Del Mar and I ran on the beaches every morning we were there. The weather and the beach was amazing! Enjoy your stay. Greta run for Perch today and good to see Peter back out there. Tramps, I hope the shin thing goes away soon. If it is not made worse by running, I'd just keep it up but maybe stay on the soft surfaces.

Once a runner . . .

I had a great run this morning... Something about cold weather (in the teens, I'm sure it is colder than VB) works well for me. 20 miles in 2:09:06.... 6:27/mile. Gives me some confidence that I'm not yet over the hill and may have a decent marathon left in me. Ray